A non-spurious complaint about the system

I LOVE the crafting system. I don’t intend to make money off of it, I do leatherworking purely for myself with the goal being to craft non-tier slt items that are useful to me.
I understand the crafting order system is there as part of the crafting system, not as an addon, but I think it’s been established that it’s poorly thought out.
My very real issue is this: I am stuck at skill level 70.
Crafting gear gives 3 points, but requires sparks.
Crafting profession equipement gives 1 point, but requires mettle.
Everything else doesn’t give any points anymore (or is green and will become irrelevant for me soon).
I understand the INTENTION here - use the crafting order system to craft items for other players and cap your skill. But here’s the catch 22:

• Without max skill I cannot guarantee minimum quality for embelished + missived items.
  • Customers only want guaranteed qualities, so they won’t turn to me.
  • Without customers, I cannot craft anything, thus I cannot max out my skill.
    And don’t get me started on public orders because those don’t exist, even with the new 4-per-week limit, the list is empty.

I heard all the suggestions, like the ridiculous “make an alt, level it to max, get all the sparks, get enough mettle and commision 5 items” which I don’t want to do, I am not interested in an alt, I don’t want to spend time NOT playing my character to play another character I don’t want just to play the system.

I want this system in place to be good, is what I want. Even if I try spamming trade-chat (which is not my goal or desire) I’m lucky to get one response every not-so-often, and I haven’t crafted a single thing that way because, like I said, people only want 418 rank 5 items, and nothing less, which is absolutely their right! I want that too! But there is currently no realistic way for me to get to max skill in order to allow myself to do that.

Thanks for listening.

Max skill isn’t important if you only want to craft stuff for yourself. inspiration ist extremely powerful, and for a single item you don’t care that much for 3-4 recrafts.

leatherworking perspective:
you need 150 points (30+30 in the first tree, 90 in the leather armor tree)
gives you 50 (1st spec) + 60 (2nd spec) for all leather slots. together with 70 base + 22 from items → 202 skill. with r3 material (+70) and inspiration proc (+70) you’ll reach 342 for the lifebound stuff (thats 62 points above base craft … stats + mythic infusion is 345 … so 3 skillpoints missing)

for the more complicated gear (e.g. 10 points for the flaring cowl) you have 212 base skill + 104 material +104 inspiration +10 primordial leather would net you 430. ok, thats not 418.

But with another 15 points per week you can easily add +35 skill on a single leather working slot.

So 418 is very realistic with 70 base skill. More basically makes it “just” cheaper to craft. But for a one time craft, this isn’t really the most important thing.

1 Like

You should go for inspiration build since it would require fewer points to get 5 star even with 418 ilevl thing and missive.
You can specialize in one craft and grow from here.
Also don’t forget about PvP pieces if you are tailor/lw/bs since people still put orders for those from time to time

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.