A question About haste

even if it has been a thing for literal years now that our haste rating makes our GCD faster i havent really thought about just how much it contributes to how the class feels to play, because with low haste the GCD feels like its on a 0.5 second delay after you button press, and with high haste you run out of runes if you are RNG unlucky etc etc.

i never really noticed just how atrocious low haste in GCD really was before i started playing warrior on the regular, Prot warrior that is, everyting just flows smoothlessly, there is no “dead inputs” that happen with the 0.5 GCD delay that i am experiencing, but as i see it, warrior GCD is also increased by haste aswell? as ive noticed a stronger pace when Time warp/bloodlust is happening.

Why is it like this for US DK’s, but not for rogue or warrior etc etc

Interesting observation, I thought I was the only one observing something of the sort.

Mind you I played quite a bit of paladin lately (ret ant prot) and it’s odd even with lower haste there’s never a feel of input lag. The specs feel paced and I didn’t find myself having to spam press keys just to make sure my rotation happens correctly.

Not dk specific but I also find fyralath’s ability regardless where it’s bound has tremendous input lag.

1 Like

at this point it would not suprise me that there is a critical bug with low haste for us, a bug that no one really notices because they’ve gotten used to the start of an expansion having low haste for all Death knights, and thus this “dead input” and 0.5 gcd button press delay happens, and it goes away once you get 21%+ haste, And experimental people like mysaelf that enjoyes trying things like stacking crit and mastery…or downright dont have the will or time to farm out the BiS haste items…and since every single bozo that is still playing this class in a somewhat serious and competetive setting NEVER skimps out below 21% haste this issue has never been truly reported.

would not suprise me at all, and its not like we will know because information shared on these forums rarely makes it past into the right ears anyway

1 Like