[A] Raid Help

Afternoon all,

Firstly let me start by saying I appreciate how cheeky this is going to sound and I apologise. I also expect to be flamed for posting this as I pretty much asking for something for nothing.

I’m looking for a guild/group to help me complete Battle of Dazar’alor in normal. I’m not looking for gear, but to simply complete it on normal before the next raid comes out.

Due to work commitments I took a break from WoW, but have recently come back. Also I prefer being a solo player due to my erratic schedule (again with work), so joining a guild it not really applicable.

I have tried using the looking for group section in game, but haven’t been able to get any invites. I’m presuming this is due to my low ilvl of 379.

Again, I appreciate the forward and cheeky nature of this post and I don’t normally like being handed anything, but I’m currently at a loss at what to try.

At the very least, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Many thanks
Vax

p.s. I’ve left the guild it says i’m in as it has more or less disbanded (while I took my break I believe).

Hiya … I don’t know if this will help, but I fairly recently came across a discord group called The Fail Train … it seems like a pretty friendly channel with thousands of members, and they seem to regularly organise “friendly” raids. For alliance it appears they raid Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays 20.00 to 23.00 server time and have a min ilevel for Normal BoD of 375: https://discord.gg/VsEFRHh

I hope that helps.

Thanks friend. I tried again for a few hours last night for after reset, but it looks like being low ilvl and a melee is working against me :disappointed_relieved:

did you have a look at that discord channel I linked?

I’d also suggest that, at the very least, you should do LFR a few times so you have just the very basic knowledge of the instance … not having even been into the LFR version of the raid you’re trying to get into may well put some off.

I don’t know how long you’ve been level 120 … but you can get gear upgrades fairly quickly just doing the Darkshore and Arathi areas … Darkshore especially can be pretty good for upgrades from the World Boss there, plus the actual warfront quest for 400 gear. And keep an eye on the daily emissary quests … they often provide gear not only from the various world quests, but also as a rewards for doing 3-4 of them.

Oh I’ve been 120 since the second week of BfA :smile: was just starting Mythic Uldir before I took my break.

I think you’re right in your direction for me. Think it might be a case of I need to gear up via world content and try and grab a M+ when I can. Though I found even getting a low M+ hard last night lol. Managed to get a +5 group late in the night :laughing:

I’ll keep grinding the world quests and Darkshore (not been there yet).

Thanks for the time to reply friend, very much appreciated

Dammit, why does the forum keep changing me to my alt >.<

Hey, if you are looking for somewhere to call home then us lot at Resolution will greet you with open arms and a spot in our team of misfits and weirdos, we try to run M+ Fridays and Saturdays but won’t say no to one if you want to do one say on Tuesday, we tend to raid on Wednesdays and Sundays from 8pm-11pm Server time. We have had a slow tier as some players have left due to the game not being as engaging as before. If you would like to chat further or just to call me a name of some sort (I give points for creativity) then add my battle tag Vanguard#21805, if you are not looking for a guild its not a problem, the offer still stands, we are on Thunderhorn. So a server change may be needed. hope to hear from you.

haha yeah it does that to me sometimes too … and often changes to an alt I don’t even play currently lol. Perhaps it’s trying to tell me something :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve very rarely done dungeons - I get lost too regularly to not be a burden in something that is timed (and anything timed freaks me out lol), but there are plenty of other ways to get gear so I’ve not felt it was something I needed to do.