[A-RP] <Baradin Wardens> Recruitment

“I pledge this Oath to keep the secrets of Azeroth hidden within this island and to shield the world from its grasp. With my life I protect and serve the order expecting neither glory nor reward. My name shall not be praised or remembered. From this moment, I am the Warden that guards the horrors untold.”
– The Baradin Wardens Oath

Originally formed in 2014 during the Warlord of Draenor expansion with the same name, and rebooted in 2019 during the Battle of Azeroth expansion. It has undergone some changes but with the same core values of being a wardens of Tol Barad and it’s prison; the Baradin Hold. The theme is based on the real life Alcatraz, with a prison island serving some of Azeroth’s most dangerous convicts; mortals as well as immortals.

We are hosting single day events including training and lecture days, prison control and casual social interactions. On longer events we are taking bounties and orders from the Alliance or the Kirin Tor to capture and transport dangerous prisoners. We are also hosting and joining co-guild events and campaigns where we are needed, whether it’s RP-PVE or RP-PVP.

For community collaboration we also take and make bounties of certain high valued criminal roleplayers, and are willing to make a chain of events about the tracking and imprisonment.

Note: We are still in reformation, support and constructive critique is much obliged!

Basic Information:

Guild Name: Baradin Wardens

Faction: Alliance

Type: Military and Traveling

Head Quarters: Farson Hold, Tol Barad

Recruitment Office: (Coming Soon)

Restrictions: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves, Worgen, and Void Elves

Contact Information:

Guild Leader: Remingstead

Officers: (Coming soon)

Useful Links:

Argent Archives: (Coming Soon)

Glaive Star: (Coming Soon)

Background History:

More than 1,200 years ago, Arthur built the citadel of Tol Barad. Prior to the First War, Tol Barad was considered a territory of Stromgarde. During the Second War, the island was a strategic staging area for Alliance forces, from which they struck the Horde controlled city of Dun Mode and took it back from the hands of their enemies. The orcs, viewing Tol Barad as an obstacle in their path to the Eastern Kingdoms, mounted a ferocious counterstrike on the island. Unprepared for such aggression, the Stromgarde soldiers were expelled from Tol Barad and the citadel was razed, a charred symbol of the Horde’s brutal victory. Despite this, some of the original Stromic population remained. Followed by the Second War, what remained of the blackened, derelict battlements was left to languish until the wizards of Kul Tiras claimed the island for a new purpose. Towering walls were again stacked high from the war-scarred stones, but in their cleverness, the archaists turned the citadel’s defenses inwards, designing a mystical prison to hold the most powerful criminals. A Stromic and Tirassian population of men formed the Baradin Wardens, charged with ensuring that the deadly prisoners locked away in the mystic Baradin Hold never again walk free on Azeroth. Even the Kirin Tor imprisoned some powerful demons in the repurposed stronghold.

When Stromgarde started to suffer a series of catastrophes, the town of Rustberg were abandoned as its population were recalled home. This settlement later became the base of group of pirates that struck the towns along the shores of Baradin Bay. Endless naval battles happened surrounding Tol Barad. With the Cataclysm shattering the world, Tol Barad once again became a battleground between the Horde and the Alliance. Warchief Garrosh Hellscream sent the elite warriors known as the Hellscream’s Reach to the island, charged with taking it from the humans. Defending it against them were the Baradin Wardens, the army that originally guarded the prison. However, as the two forces fought for supremacy over the island, something sinister was taking over the prison fortress of Baradin Hold and the whole island in turn. With prison guards murdering each other or letting their charges free, insanity amongst Alliance soldiers, undead corpses rising from their graves and spirits reliving their final battles.

Today the prison of Tol Barad has been rebuilt by Kul Tirans to serve its original purpose. The Baradin Wardens has been reestablished and lead by Commander Marcus Johnson and Stevens, Marshal Fallows, Major Marsden and Captain Jeoffrey “Junior” Remingstead, following the ways of the order’s original leader Duke Reginald Baradin the 2nd, along with a new oath. With the Kul Tiran Admirality lead by House Proudmoore has rejoined the Alliance, the Baradin Wardens now serves under Alliance’s council to transport high valued prisoners from both Tiragarde Sounds Tol Dagor, Stormwind City Stockades, Dalaran City Violet Hold, and hold prisoners of the newly rebuilt Stromgarde, along with a new purpose of extraction operations to hunt down high valued targets, targeted by the Admiralty of Kul Tiras, Monarchy of Stormwind and Stromgarde, Magocracy of Dalaran, and transport them to Tol Barad for a servitude of a lifetime.

(Sources: Wowwiki, Wowpedia)

Ranking Order:

Initiate, Init. (Private, Pvt.)
Fresh Recruit

An initiate is charged with attendance and basic training performance, and is to be bolstered to become adepts or wardens . They are to learn how to follow orders, execute them, and to develop into the higher ranks.

Adept, Ap. (Corporal, Cpl.)
Secondary Squad Leader

An adept is charged with up-keeping the responsibilities for every aspect adepts and those above’s living ways. They are deployed within as well as outside Tol Barad, and are to take care of their comrades off duty to ensure that their person lives are in order and provide them with assistance if an issue arises.

Subordinate Ranks:

Mender, Md.: An adept who wields the magical powers of mending, healing and regrown capabilities, and functions as a support for the order.

Spell Binder, S.B.: An adept who wields the offensive magical powers, and functions as a support for the order.

Interrogator, Int.: An adept who wields the magical powers of manipulation and illusions, and functions as interrogators of the order.

Warden, Wd. (Corporal, Cpl.)
Secondary Squad Leader

A warden is charged with up-keeping the responsibilities for every aspect wardens and those above’s living ways. They are deployed within as well as outside Tol Barad, and are to take care of their comrades off duty to ensure that their person lives are in order and provide them with assistance if an issue arises.

Subordinate Ranks:

Sword, Srd.: A warden who wields two-handed or dual-weaponry, these are the charging wardens of the order.

Shield, Sld.: A warden who wields one-handed weaponry and shield, these are the front line wardens of the order.

Sentry, Snt.: A warden who wields ranged weaponry, these are the back line wardens of the order.

Vanguard, Vg. (Sergeant, Sgt.)
Primary Squad Leader

A vanguard is charged with routine up-keeping, training, equipment, and to get the company in physical appearance and fitness. They stand responsible for the personal lives of the order by ensuring that they are in order, and are to assist them in becoming so if an issue arises.

Subordinate Ranks:

Adept Vanguard, Ap. Vg.: An adept vanguard is in lead of the adepts within the order.

Warden Vanguard, Wd. Vg.: A warden vanguard is in lead of the wardens within the order.

Quartermaster, Qm. (Sergeant, Sgt.)
Requisition Officer

The quartermaster is charged with supervising the equipment and weaponry, and is to distribute and handle supplies and provisions, and serves as the ultimate financial officer of the company. It does not on serve in combat, but can be deployed with the company on long-term deployments.

Inquisitor, Inq. (Lieutenant, Lt.)
Secondary Commanding Officer

An inquisitor is charged with planning of training, supervising and leading of the company into action through the use of order and discipline. They do also assist the high inquisitor with elaborate planning and structure of the company.

Subordinate Ranks:

Adept Inquisitor, Ap. Inq.: An adept inquisitor is in command of the adepts within the company.

Warden Inquisitor, Wd. Inq.: A warden inquisitor is in command of the wardens within the company.

High Inquisitor, Hi. Inq. (Captain, Cpt.)
Primary Commanding Officer

The high inquisitor is charged with delivery of professional development, and functions as the ultimate trainer. It is to ensure that the company is always prepared to accomplish their operations, and has the functions as the main strategy and planning officer within the command of the company along with the inquisitors.

Changes: Oath (credits to: Dudflex and Crueltus), and Night Elves added to restrictions (credit to: Tehya).

1 Like

I wish you would make your mind up Lysandré and stop hopping between this and ‘Stormwind Covert Accord’.

What do you “hopping between?” The Stormwind Covert Accord is another guild entirely. This is based on the old Baradin Wardens.

Are you sure? It sounds more like it’s based on Game of Thrones.

1 Like

You do these ‘reboots’, yet they fail to take off, every six weeks you change back between the two.

Just by glancing over at the January thread for ‘SCA’, I can see this will become the same.

I remember a previous thread for this guild some months back and not from 2014, and it spiralled into the same devoid comments as the January thread I mentioned.

What is to say you won’t pack up again and forget about this?

The Baradin Wardens Oath is taken from the Nightwatch Oath from Game of Thrones yes, but with some changes in the wording. The concept is not the same however, I just thought it fitted.

It’s two entirely different concepts.

Drawing inspiration is one thing, copypasting and changing a few words is another.

I recognized it immediately and I haven’t even watched GoT. Kind of cringy.

4 Likes

Do you suggest a complete change in the oath instead of copy copy pasting with a few words changed?

I am not criticizing the concept, it looks fine.

I am criticizing your lack of motivation.

What do you suggest to up-keep the motivation of this guild then? I will gladly accept the constructive critique.

Definitely. Recognizing the phrasing distracted me enough to go look up The Night’s Watch Oath instead of actually reading the rest of the post. The idea of an oath is good, but it would be better if it didn’t remind you of something completely different.

2 Likes

Noted, thank you! I will do some brainstorming on a change on the oath.

1 Like

How about:

“I swear by this Oath to keep the secrets hidden within this isle and protect Azeroth from the horrors chained. I give my life to protect and die in service of the Hold. My Life is the tool that guards the world from Horrors untold and keeps our kin safe.”

3 Likes

That is not bad at all. Mind if I borrow that and take it into my brainstorm?

Sure. if it helps.

1 Like

You should also be havig fun in the roleplay, it is your own motivation.

Get yourself involved, talk to other guild masters, attend campaigns, create IC drama.

A concept will only go so far as the one at the helm.

1 Like

I plan to when the guild is lifted off the ground, but thank you for the suggestion!

Can you elaborate on the race restrictions? Why specifically humans, dwarves, gnomes, worgen, and void elves? Why no draenei, LFD, night elves, pandaren, etc?

1 Like

The idea is that Draenei and the Lightforged, nor Night Elves and Pandaren would fit into the Baradin Wardens duty as protectors of their hold. Seemingly that their culture in nature would not be accepting it.

I might be wrong; change my mind!

I do actually agree, for the most part. They all don’t seem very prison-warden-y… but neither do void elves. The list actually makes sense for the most part until you get to that final, voidy one.

3 Likes