[A-RP] Beginner RP bar in Boralus - 10 april - Third Time's the Charm

Want to try some casual RP in a relaxed environment? Are you new to roleplaying, and feel stressed about how to do it and what to do?

Come to the Curious Octopus! I’ll be your bartender, serve you drinks, and listen to your woes.

Low bar roleplaying, with no expectations on creativity, fast typing or quick thinking.

The bar will be open Wednesday 10 april, 8pm – 10pm Realm time.

While you’re there, feel free to ask me about basic concepts of roleplaying, or bounce your character concept.

What? Casual, beginner-friendly RP bar

Where? The Curious Octopus, Boralus, in Mariner’s Row (there’s a portal to Boralus from the Mage Tower in Stormwind, feel free to whisper me in-game for directions - Zakariye)

When? Wednesday 10 april, 8pm – 10pm

Who? I’m Zak (Zakariye in-game), your bartender. Other members of Lore and Order might also be there to help out.

How? Come to the Curious Octopus, and we take it from there – no scripted events, you set the pace.

Why? The aim is to create a relaxed environment that caters to new/inexperienced/nervous players, who want to try roleplaying. Neurodiverse / shy roleplayers especially welcome.

Disclaimer – there are people on this realm who are (way) more experienced with guiding people into RP, and who do it (way) better than me. I do not claim to know all the ins and outs of WoW RP, but I’d like to do my part in helping new/inexperienced players feel welcome.

The doors are open for everyone! If you are an experienced RPer who want to attend, I kindly ask that you help out in the spirit of the event.

16 Likes

That’s a great initiative, I like it! Hope it goes well for everyone involved!

2 Likes

Hi everyone that attended the Beginner bar RP yesterday, I hope you had fun. I did :slight_smile:

I want to apologize to the Bloodsail (I think?) gang that turned up, that I rather brusquelly asked you to leave. Sorry that my advert wasn’t more clear that it was an alliance only event. I will endeavour to do better in the future.

Welcome back on an alliance character!

5 Likes