[A - RP] Dark Side of Botany

The Botany Band’s announcement board is graced with a letter on a formal, ornate paper, in an exquisite handwriting someone must have spent centuries perfecting.

I need your assistance.

I encountered a few strange herbs, that I could only tell were desecrated with some dark magic. See, dark magic is my forte, but herbs I need some schooling on. That’s why I joined. And I’ve never seen anything like this. The books in Dalaran and Stormwind weren’t of much help, seeing as most of them were too old and only referred to the “traditional” kinds of corruption. Seems the world of botany was not keeping up to date with all new corruptions that arose since. It is time to fix this.

I have a lead, but it will require us to do some things some of you might be squeamish about. Nothing evil, don’t you worry. Just put your prejudices in your back pocket when you come join me next week and know one thing: I know what I’m doing. I’m not some Wilfred Fizzlebang. Control is my forte. And I have been studying demonkind since before the First War, and had to deal with them first-hand since Archimonde tore Dalaran down and I was left in the dust. My point is, I’m experienced with this sort of magic. Trust me.

Come to the greenhouse same time as always and I will get us some help in understanding corruption.

Quest Objective: Meet with The Botany Band in the Greenhouse at the Magus Commerce Exchange in Dalaran (Broken Isles) on Monday the 16 of September at 20:00 CET.

Optional: Dice Master addon for help with immersion by using unit frames and talking heads. (Tried to include a link, can’t)

The Botany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on adventurous study of plantlife. Led by Kuhuine Tenderstride we welcome every friendly adventurer with a green thumb! :herb:

OOC: Hello all, this is one of many alts of the person you might know as Eodhain/Ethan or Galgar. I’ve been enjoying a more serious, scholarly character in my RP repertoire, but I haven’t been getting much use of her demonologist side. I hope to do it in a way that people will enjoy, even if some of the characters will have some reservations.

I’m also hoping to use Dice Master to enhance everyone’s immersion. It will give us a unit frame on top of the screen, showing what we’re dealing with,

8 Likes

I will try to make this but it depends on when my meetings finish at work.

6 Likes

At least you are not a death knight :smile:

It is a shame I was not present that evening… I believe it would have been interesting to compare the crowd reactions to those two characters :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

– ‘I’m experienced with this sort of magic. Trust me.’

With eyes narrowed Dulvarinn regarded the delicate writings on the ornate leaflet for some time. The overall description was vague, but the space between the lines hinted at something far more sinister than outlandish Felweed. A reference to demonology, a notion of prejudice and a request for trust.

– ‘I’m experienced with this sort of magic. Trust me.’

For a moment he contemplated to align the words presented, but suddenly it was as if the dust from the Path of Glory once again filled his nostrils. He reached for the Moonglow Ink with a sigh as the Legerdemain Lounge was uncharacteristically quiet. All that was heard was the occasional hissing from the coffee press and the melodic scratchings of the quill against the coarse paper:

– ‘Ishnu-alah, Sharon. It has been brought to my attention that…’

3 Likes

A certain vaguely suspicious elf with a braid (and horns, which in retrospect are a bit more distinctive than the aforementioned braid) is given a copy of the arcanist’s announcement to read.

“Wait, can you even read that?” the Elder asks, struck by a sudden realization that perhaps reading might be a bit difficult for someone who has no eyes.

“It’s not technically reading, but… Yes, I can tell what it says.”

The Elder is a simple girl; dark magic makes her uncomfortable, even when it comes from a creature as cordial and charming as the elf in front of her. She crosses her arms and waits, trying not to stare at his chest. It’s a pretty damn nice chest. She idly wonders if there might some kind of link between pointy ears and nudity.

After a minute or two her guest’s lips stretch in a wide grin. Oh. Okay. These are pretty sharp fangs for an elf.

“She knows what she’s doing,’’ he says slowly, his warm voice dripping with gleeful amusement. ''That’s adorable.”

He carefully places the announcement on the desk and says: “Never trust a warlock who tells you to trust them.”

The Elder watches him blankly. “Oh? And why should I trust a demon hunter?”

The elf bares his fang in a grin that is a little too sharp to be called charming.

“Excellent question,” he drawls. “You shouldn’t.

Sahein Firesoul takes a short break from murdering demons, cultists, and unfortunate Forsaken. Sharon Wells wonders if it’s possible to ban half-naked elves.

Looking forward to the event!

5 Likes

Ahh, the smell of fel in the morning…

Here comes a casual bump, for today is the day!

2 Likes

So, this demon hunter had to help summon a demon that he wasn’t allowed to kill, was dragged to his old hoods in Shadowmoon Valley where he hasn’t been since he was put in the cage, forced to listen to an imprisoned satyr, was shown pity by a dwarf and insulted by a void elf warlock.

Another!

4 Likes

An evening among elves, a tale by Helgi Helstrøm. Helgi jots down some observations for later reflection. So there are the blue-ish elves like Dulvarinn and Kitten and then there are a lot more of those that emanate a greenish glow like Dameras, and they seem equally witty. Two of those joined us tonight. There was a monk called Mairead that drinks as I do. To be fair, never met an elf less elvish until now. Beart seems to like her. And then there was the purple elf using the void. A fascinatingly feisty and shrewd female called Tiarawyn that seems to have been Kirin Tor before (ask Inkie about her). Kuhuine seems to have selected her for the Band some time ago. She took us on quite the ride tonight, trying to find out the origin of some corrupted herb she got from the Kirin Tor’s stocks. A great adventure on which I will write more later. It seems things are changing in the Band, much quicker than I expected. Sharon is not a bad leader. Different, very different. Dulvarinn is not yet completely himself. Called away halfway through the evening by the Cenarion Circle again. Alunaria has still not returned, which is worrying, but Thrice seems to have picked up her scent when we were flying through the branches of Nordrassil. Kitten has been away for a long time, which seems to anoy Beart the most. We passed over Kurdran’s hold tonight. Maybe it is time I went home for a bit. A strange drawing of a horrifying tree towering over a group of elves and a dwarf is drawn on the next page, captioned by the words, what a night

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.