[A-RP] <Hand of Thassarian> (Guild Recruitment)

He’s the First Alliance Death Knight by the way, and has fought under multiple banners before. To say that he’s forsaken it seems a bit far fetched just because he approached the Deathlord to help him rescue Koitera (which makes sense anyways). So yeah they haven’t updated it because they’ve not had anything too significant to update it too. Unless you have some reference rather than two words, I think it’s pretty much clear to assume that he’s in league with both Alliance and Ebon.

1 Like

If you think Anduin was okay with Light’s Hope 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I think it’s more like the Ebon Blade support the Alliance/Horde in major wars that affects them too, not serving it. If a DK is helping their old faction for their own reasons I think that’s said being as their own individual and not part of the EB.
And that whole quote really sounds Paladiny, I’m no good at this but this sounds more Alliance aligned DK :point_down:

Edit: typos

Thassarian wasn’t present at “Light’s Hope 2”.

1 Like

X wasn’t present at tragedy Y, but he supports the organization that committed it.
(I recall that blocking you was a smart move to save time out of my day.)

2 Likes

If these guys want to RP out DKs who are trying to do good. Let them. It isn’t any skin off your backs if they do something different.

1 Like

Quality of rp drops
No skin off my back
Pick one.

Oversimplification.

1 Like

I do agree… if they like to rp like that, it is their thing. You should not judge if you have not seen them roleplay yet… if you did, then i said nothing.

Anyways, it may be good to have deathknights that are not totally evil as well, i think.

2 Likes

I know precisely zero (0) DK-oriented guilds that are totally evil.

2 Likes

All I will say on this concept is that there is a reason this thread keeps being reposted.

Nobody is joining, because the concept goes against much of what lures people to Death Knights in the first place. Hence why they join other guilds with concepts that fit the aesthetic of the Class set down by Blizzard themselves.

As a final suggestion OP, perhaps join The Dark Grail as an honourable Death Knight and see how things go.

2 Likes

I’d probably wait till actual lore surfaces that a very significant Alliance and Ebon character has either been stripped of his position, or left on his own accord.

Then adhere to it, I genuinely have no interest.

You’re definitely right there, I really think that there’s definite space for potentially more lawful orientated Death Knights, looking to a more redemption styled arch; though I also believe that the execution of such should be crucial. I think everyone is over the whole “they’re just mindless emotionless killing machines” through the representations we’ve seen over the years. My main gripe with this concept primarily revolves around the immediate ideals. I believe “most” present on the thread are here for discussion and debate, primarily to help aid that and see potentially a more clear image arise out of it.

1 Like

I’d probably wait until lore surfaces that he isn’t chilling in Acherus like the rest of the EB cast.

I just had a bit overexaggerated it, i meant that i like to see a guild that actually focuses on lawful and honorful deathknights, but thats just my opinion.

2 Likes

I mean, there is a Death Knight guild currently about with that entire concept but I’m not going to name names here. :wink:

4 Likes

If you looked at the old post, I wrote that it’s been rebranded and name changed. I simply thought a new forum post was in order.

I appreciate the constructive criticism!

Rewriting your’s, I’m thinking of changing it into something like this:

"Outcasts. Abominations. [Occults, ed.]. The words we have heard are many, some even call the [unsung, ed.] heroes. We know what we are, and what we are capable of. We have chosen who we defend, and who we stand against. The question is, brothers and sisters; Do you? The Alliance is in need of us."

– Commander Whittock, Hand of Thassarian

And that is, somewhat, the way that my idea is; To create a honourful death knight guild.

1 Like

But you’ve done this with two or three entirely different concepts, though. You post a thread, everyone lambasts your silly ideas, you make a big show of accepting the constructive feedback, the attention wanes, you vanish for a few months, and then repost the original idea again.

I cannot actually fathom your logic here.

6 Likes

I created two different concepts; One failed miserably, and this one is getting good back-up with the new changes – just not on the forums.

And the vanishment, where does that come from?

I like the new guild name better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

It fits better than Hand of Ebon, and makes it more Alliance orientated than neutrality.

That’s is great and all but Thassarian is neutral so… being an ebon emissary on ally side doesn’t make him alliance side.

1 Like