[A-RP] <Hand of Thassarian> (Guild Recruitment)

Note: Redirect of our new forum post.

1 Like

the in character quote doesn’t sound like something a death knight would say, all of this sounds like some paladins who got lost in the wardrobe. courtesy and discretion aren’t traits that work with characters who are typically upfront and don’t care about your feelings. the ranks look like your average military group which this isn’t, i’d give more flavor to them but i don’t have any ideas, you can come up with something

5 Likes

Just going to highlight something here. Thassarian as far as I can recall emphasised brotherhood of the Ebon Blade and some semblance of Honor above anything else. Courtesy, honesty, excellence…all of these words seem off to me, especially for a knight if death and destruction.

You have had heaps of criticism from multiple threads. I am afraid from what I have seen here you have not taken near enough onboard.

2 Likes

To define what the oath means by breaking it down. That might give a better understanding of how it has been assembled:

To remain true to the Hand of Thassarian, the Ebon Blade, and the Alliance which the guild serves in-character. Face one’s fears and do not back down from a battle. And show politeness towards the living, as we serve and work among them.

Even an undead and a death knight can have these things.

To speak in a way of knowledge, or remain silent if not. Keep things that could strike a breach of reputation, not only for the guild in-character but for the Ebon Blade as a whole. And have knowledge of your powers and where and when to speak or strike.

This is to ensure that the members, in-character, is not degenerates, who does not know when to shut up, and when not to go mad over small, unimportant matters.

This should be self-explanatory. The members, in-character wise, should stay true to the Hand and to our goals. Proof that their quality in fighting, researching, observing, et cetera, is excellent, or work on becoming such. And to be brave in their actions, not break down, but fight through and on until victory.

I see no wrong with this neither.

To think twice before taking action is a way to understand if this will harm the ones the player, in-character, are serving, and prevent it from doing so.

For instance, if an opponent, which is not at the match of a death knight, strikes you, then instead of simply ending its life, make sure that it won’t try to make such a foolish move once again.

Does that create a clearer picture? If not, please tell me why it does not.

It’s more the fact that the morals seem to be based more off paladin virtues than that of the Ebon Blade.

1 Like

It is actually based on the real life Temple Knight’s oath, with major changes to fit into a non-edgy, Alliance based, death knight guild, which works along the living.

Sure.

Not sure where you got the idea of the Death Knight’s serving the living. Especially if one wishes to remain true to the Ebon Blade

Seems a bit arbitrary this one, and seems to only take away from roleplay rather than add to it.

Death Knights are killing machines, the Lich King did not create them to research.

Eternal Hunger says hello and will no doubt overwrite this.

I am still getting a paladin vibe from this OP. I wonder why one wishes to RP a death Knight in this manner?

2 Likes

Death Knights are born edgy, that’s the fun of it. Anyhow, the Ebon Blade are very much not the Knight’s Templar - if you’d be wanting to pull off something from that pastiche, I’d probably suggest levelling a paladin instead, or probably citing to the lore to take more inspiration.

2 Likes

Pretty sure we’ve seen this song and dance twice before, Whittock isn’t rlly looking to change anything in that regard so tbh there’s not really anything worth arguing.

[I pull on Obie’s leash]

I wish you the best of luck Lysandre, still can’t say I see this as succesful-to-be DK guild concept but good luck nonetheless.

4 Likes

Oh is it Lysandre?

Thassarian serves the Alliance and the King of Stormwind, but is still a part of the Ebon Blade.

How does it take away roleplay? Please do clarify.

I do reckon that some death knights do research, and they are no longer bound to the Lich King (as in Arthas). Also, read this:

It does not overwrite. When the Eternal Hunger is sated, death knights are able to think of their actions.

As someone who’s taken inspiration from the Knight’s Templar and the Teutonic Knights for my own DK RP, I found that when designing the oaths of my guild alot of the historial crusader oath’s had to be heavily modified to fit in with Death Knight themes rather than taking them word for word.

I would suggest that

These for instance could be rolled into “Display Discipline in all that you do.” as Death Knights would be disciplined in all they do, after all they were the elite of the Scourge, they would need to bring order to the massess of ghouls and skeletons they commanded in battle.

It’s possible to me a civil Death Knight, no one’s saying it isn’t but you would be a Civil Death Knight that is still driven to cause pain and suffering to sentient creatures.

1 Like

Now, this is some constructive criticism I can get behind!

What is your suggestion precisely, just so I understand it correctly? Change out:

“Remain honest, have valour and courtesy. Be well-spoken, have discretion and wisdom. […]”

To something along the lines of:

“Remain honest, have discipline in your actions. Be well-spoken, have discretion and wisdom. […]”

Not since Legion he don’t.

It does not say anywhere that he left the Alliance, according to Wowpedia.

It also never gives any confirmation that Bolvar left, other than randomly adding (formerly) behind Alliance. Your source is just bad.

So the exact same guild thread was made some time ago, and the same points were raised back then. Really the OP thought that she could re-post the same stuff and that nobody would notice?

3 Likes

Thassarian has always been an Alliance supporting member of the Ebon Blade following wrath, what are you on about Koiffen?

1 Like

Look, before I pop a blood vessel, if Whittlock or whoever wants to make a guild about Death Knights who want to think and act like Paladins, just let them do it.

If after ten years people still don’t think they have more than enough material to put together a Death Knight guild “with a twist” in it’s core idea and resort to this, then telling them now won’t change their mind.

Just let them go through with it.

6 Likes

Legion lore.