[A-RP] Kul Tiras Navy ⚓

:anchor: In the waves of change, we find our true direction :anchor:

For IC information, ranks, stories and inspiration, check out our AA profile: node/234111

“We lost no less than four ships this week. And the Admiralty has never received so many troublesome reports of gruesome attacks by daunting monstrosities of the depths. Entire crews going mad over nonexistent danger and dread. And while many others fell to madness and panic, while entire ships were drawn into the depths or turned into firewood. You sailed through the storm, you did not just manage to return Tide’s Virtue back to Kul Tiras, but you singlehandedly defeated a leviathan!!”

“We have mister Stevens’ sacrifice to thank for that, sir.”

“Bilge and balderdash!!! This is not the time for false humility Captain Aldazhar!”

“Forgive me Commodore Ward, sir. It has been a long night. I highly appreciate your praise. And I’ll pass it on to my officers and the crew, sir.”

The commodore fell silent, if only for a moment. He sighed deeply then nodded while taking up a wax-sealed envelope from his desk. He moved around the room in order to extend the envelope and it’s contents to the seated captain, who hurried to rise up from his chair with raised brows: “Sir?”

“Your new commission, Captain Aldazhar. We decided to have you transferred to a ship and task more fitting for a captain of your ability. Her name is Tide’s Vengeance. She is a swift hunter, a former frigate, refurbished for speed and maneuverability. Shallow of draft despite her ironclad bow and the thirty two guns. Very much capable of performing the task we have in mind for you, captain.”

Fernando hesitantly took the envelope containing his new orders. Uttering a surprised: “…a promotion?”

“Call it what you wish, captain. Re-assigning you to the Vengeance will not only solve some animosity towards your person, but it will allow you to do, what you do best.”

“What I do best, sir?”

“Put an end to piracy, captain.”

Fernando’s eyes lightened up in delighted bewilderment.

“And while you’re at it, we won’t mind you blowing up a few more servants of the Corruptor.”

“Commodore, I don’t know how to thank you, sir.”

“Do your duty captain Aldazhar, that is all the gratitude we desire.”

:anchor: Some OOC :anchor:

Welcome my friends!! Around the end of 2019, Stormwind Royal Navy reformed into something new: Kul Tiras Navy!!

The members of Kul Tiras Navy greatly enjoy roleplay that is based upon the early centuries of the Age of Sail (we aim for the period stretching out from the 16th to 18th century roughly). The atmosphere, the events and the characters are heavily inspired by this period of international trade and naval warfare dominated by sailing ships!

we are a friendly bunch of people who are open to accepting those with little experience or lower level characters. We aim to involve everyone onboard in our plots and events. Our OoC guidelines:

1. Many people spend too much time trying to be the captain of someone else’s ship. Learn to be a Lighthouse and the ships will find their way.
  2. Never respond to rudeness. When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are. Don’t ever take it personally. Just let it be.
  3. We are here to heal, not harm. We are here to love, not hate. We are here to create, not destroy!

Our events are mostly a combination of using (player) NPC’s and DM. We have random roleplay almost every night and aim to have events every week. Sometimes a small adventure or a skirmish and often we invest into long term plots.

:anchor: Recruitment :anchor:

When we are in harbour, we are open to recruitment, whether willingly or unwillingly (gang-pressing or jail-fishing). Just reach out to one of our members to arrange the IC sequence that will potentially lead to your recruitment into our community!

13 Likes

Had some fantastic RP with your group before at The Compass! I hope it’s fine that I add you to my KT Community post! You and your group are welcome to join too!

4 Likes

I’m always glad to see more nautical guilds in the world, especially based around a fantasy as rich and exciting as Kul’Tiras and her seaborn heart.

Perhaps you could elaborate on this rule? I’m not quite sure what you mean by it. Many people approach guilds, especially military in essence, to advance and progress.

Best of luck with your recruitment, narrative and RP!

3 Likes

Wish you the best of luck! Had a great time in Stormwind Royal Navy back in the day.

3 Likes

Gladly! Let me begin by stating this is an OoC guideline. To encourage people to approach RP in a positive manner, focusing on the good, instead of the bad! Which in the end, creates a more pleasurable experience for all.

“Many people spend too much time trying to be the captain of someone else’s boat. Learn to be a lighthouse and the boats will find their way”

I have found in my years of RP and GM that people have a very strong and even judgemental opinion on the RP of other people. They have their own concepts of good RP and if someone else does not comply to their rules, they become angry, or offensive, aggressive even. We have all encountered these people. Perhaps we have even made snappy remarks ourselves at times.

“Look at that TRP!” “What idiot RPs a dragon?” “You cannot RP that” “You cannot break lore” “ERP is wrong.” “You cannot be in this part of the world because [insert random rule #56298]” “This does not exist” and so on…

But who are we to decide upon another person’s reality? We cannot, we should not. Everyone is free to enjoy the experience they want. The only thing we have to decide is whether we want to be part of that, or not.

I want to encourage people in this guild to set an example. Do not tell other people how they should behave or RP, but instead, provide the example “the lighthouse” of what they want their RP experience to be. And people will notice that and feel drawn to do the same. And if not… that is their free choice. As it is our free choice to not want to engage with people who do not bring us a pleasurable RP experience.

I hope I explained it a little for you.

<3

6 Likes

RPing by example is an excellent way to go about it and I couldn’t agree more. What better way to show your preferred method of RP other than showing it off to the best of your ability? It’s certainly better than ceasely bashing on other people’s ways of going about it, something that’s tragically common (and for the most part, comically ironic).

1 Like

I absolutely agree with your philosphy, it’s bang on the money. Except:

This is very much objectively wrong. The other examples were great, but this is explicitly against the ToS we all agree to when we started playing this game.

2 Likes

As said, I don’t decide on what’s right or wrong. Those were random examples. I focus on my believes of right and develop RP around it and avoid what I find wrong.

Indeed, we have no intention of engaging in any ToS-breaking activities. We simply wish to provide an immersive naval experience based on the age of sail, and battle threats to Kul Tiras and in extension the Alliance wherever they rear their ugly heads.

2 Likes

Looks like a friendly group of people.

Here, have a stamp!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

seeking an enthusiastic deck swabbing lout to replace me because otherwise they’ll make me do it and it isn’t fair

1 Like

Trying to slither away from our duties now, sailor?

no cap’n :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.