[A-RP] Leafy Lecture #16: Sugar, Pumpkin Spice, And Everything Nice 🎃

A leaflet is placed on a local billboard, and this one is quite unique indeed. Written on black cardboard, the Lecturer’s words are illuminated with an eerie pale glow, courtesy of an enchanted ink. Spooky!

Tremble, mortals, for the hour of ghosts and witches draws near!

One such witch needs help with brewing a potion of unusual potency. A secret ingredient is required to make the powerful concoction do its magic! Bring your fluttering capes, pointy hats, flying brooms and unnerving talking cats and join us as we descend upon the haunted land of Darkshire. We ain’t afraid of no ghost!

Quest Objective: Meet with The Botany Band in the Greenhouse at the Magus Commerce Exchange in Dalaran (Broken Isles) on Monday the 28th of October at 20:00 CET.

The BoOooOOooootany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on adventurous study of plantlife. We welcome every friendly adventurer with a green thumb! :fallen_leaf:

Meanwhile…

Somewhere on the bottom of Sharon’s pocket a crumpled letter can be found. It’s written in an exceptionally beautiful and elegant script. It also lacks a full signature. Mysterious!

To my cousin’s strange curly child:

I reach out to you in hopes that you will be able to help solve a problem of mine.

The object of my affection has a certain fondness for coffee and I wish to join him in the habit, but I happen to find the taste of this putrid liquid to be absolutely revolting . A strong enough spice can dramatically change the taste of a drink. Could you find one that makes coffee less disgusting?

Should you succeed, I will consider granting you access to my private library.

Yours faithfully,
LD

5 Likes

Trying not to bump the post, a Lightforged Draenei attaches a handwritten note to it, saying,

“Is a certain amount of Azerothian experience required (beyond that needed to safely explore Duskwood)?”

4 Likes

That is the best kind of experience to have!

(As far as my events go any foreseeable level requirements are usually put in the opening post for each event, so unless stated otherwise you can attend the lectures at any level.)

4 Likes

An eerie, slightly fel-tainted human male in a skull-adorned robe magically fastens a skull-shaped note on top of the one left by the Lightforged draenei;

"Might summoning services be needed this evening?

I do not want the large eredar who wrote the previous note, to feel belittled nor offended

(although I suspect that my mere presence,
or even just my existence,
could spark the latter emotion in such an
…enLightened… individual)

but - not to brag - I do think perhaps in some cases, my …abilities… may be just as useful as his.

~ Mort’end ~

There is a definite implication in the wording of the note, that the summoner or the Lightforged will attend mutually exclusively, not simultaneously.

(The skull note with a slight fel aura also implies that its author has many words in his head, and much caffeine in his blood…)

4 Likes

A wizard is never late. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Thanks again to the awesome Botany Band for welcoming a (never) late “wizard” to this darkly adventurous party, and to everyone involved for making it great, and (/snicker) to those concerned for the unexpected but highly entertaining twist at the end when I thought the fun was done :smiley:

4 Likes

A bit late, but here are the screenshots from our pro photographer, Alunaria :sparkling_heart:! Costumes, scary pumpkins, and a gnome on an intense caffeine rush!

3 Likes

I might say it’s unfortunate that the full splendor of my “warlock costume” does not show…

But I retain enough of a grasp on reality and normalcy to concede: It is probably not as unfortunate as I like to think.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.