[A-RP] Leafy Lecture #18: To Pop a Poppy

A leaflet is placed on a local billboard, it is hanged unevenly, barely holding on one corner, it has some green stains all over it.

'Step right up, to hear the wondrous story of Rain Poppy! This soft herb comes straight from Pandaria and is renowned for its rejuvenating qualities.

But whereas other herbs deal with healing the body, this pretty little thing deals with the mind itself - how? Well, swing around and find out!

And even if you’re not so into lectures and are feeling a little on edge, stop by anyway, we may have something in store, just for you!’

Quest Objective: Meet with The Botany Band in the Greenhouse at the Magus Commerce Exchange in Dalaran (Broken Isles) on Monday the 18th of November at 20:00 CET.

The Botany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on party! We seek out new plant forms and new herbalizations so we can smash some kegs afterwards!

The Botany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on adventurous study of plantlife. Led by Kuhuine Tenderstride we welcome every friendly adventurer with a green thumb! :beers:

4 Likes

Due to log-in issues on Blizzard’s end (again!), the lecture had been postponed to 18th November!

We still had fun tonight (those lucky few who actually managed to pierce through Blizzard’s weird queue-disconnect shield, that is…) with some tea and heartfelt discussions about life. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

The wind, whirling with a blueish hue after the recent arcane storm around Dalaran, blows a crumpled piece of paper into the greenhouse.

*Mairead,

A rare abundance of beloved choral honey and friendly icecap,
Could not prevent me from drowning my heartache in copious amounts of fermented wheat sap.

Dark thoughts of sorrow and loss, accompanied by equally dark drink from Karanos.

Afterwards, my head felt like an anvil for a dwarven hammer at a roaring forge casting an orange haze,
And I consequently found it difficult to find my way through the twisting blue of the arcane maze.

Helas, because of these sad circumstances, Dalaran remained out of sight.
Shall we toast to your teachings within a fortnight?

Helgi*

4 Likes

A fairly obvious human death knight (wearing worgen-fitted, sinister-looking, skull-adorned plate armor…) steps out of the Underbelly in Dalaran, and walks over to the billboard to see what’s new.

He notices the leaflet, and reads it.

“Oh, The Botany Band… Gordon would want to attend this, I suppose.”

The Gilnean (judging by his accent) death knight sighs gruffly and walks away, grumbling,

“Unfortunately, those adventurous boys of ours won’t keep themselves safe without someone to hold their damned hands…”

4 Likes

A (literally) shady elvish lady stops by the billboard, looking at the band’s leaflet.

“The Botany Band?
I think that was what he called them.
…A plant that can heal the mind…?”

The void elf suddenly jerks and looks around, then hurriedly walks away.

“…I don’t need that, of course… But it does sound interesting. I must try to ask about later. It doesn’t hurt to learn something new. Shame I am otherwise engaged that evening.”

4 Likes

Mairead’s lecture tomorrow! I must say, the preview was very pleasant… Here’s hoping for more tea. :relaxed:

2 Likes

It will be :tea:-rrific!

4 Likes

A beautiful, peaceful (interruptions and angry dwarves don’t count…), and admirably well-prepared Lecture that was! Both the origin story, the relayed information and the tea ceremony were top-notch. And privately I’m very happy that Lara finally got to introduce his totally-absolutely-definitely-not-husband to the Band&Friends team. :relaxed:

That said, I really need to somehow get Mairead to attend one of the future Story Night events… And maybe coax her into running a meditation class for all the N’Zoth-hunting Usual Suspects. Do you think it’s possible to bribe her with copious amounts of Frog Venom Brew…?

All in all, that was a great Lecture! I eagerly await more events from Mairead! :beers:

5 Likes

The steam from the green garden tea calmly soared from the mug in his hands. In yet another idle moment he simply stood there, smiling at the imbued leaf that was framed with a pressed rain poppy on the wall of the greenhouse.

– ‘What else is life than a poetic prance through cycles?’, he quietly recited.

That had been her rhetorical question. Despite the significant quantities of brew consumed by Mairead Greyleaf, he easily sensed a deeper wisdom brewing within her.

– ‘Kindness is often difficult to give away,’ said Kuhuine warmly as she appeared behind him, gently squeezing his shoulder:

– ‘It tends to get returned.’

4 Likes

“The Botany Band is holding a lecture in Dalaran tonight about rain poppies.” Lara walked up to the stables at Whereverthe#ever Keep, closely studying the pamphlet in his hands.

Anyel looked up from the horse hoof he had resting on his knee; the horse in question was an Azsuna shadowrunner, and had little patience with hoof care but at least hadn’t kicked him yet. At least not too bad.

“The uh… what, Sharon’s weed buddies?” He carried on with rasping the hoof; they had been on the road for a while, and while the hooves weren’t in that bad a shape, they still needed some attention.

“Yes”, Lara confirmed after a quiet chuckle. “I was thinking about going, I’d like to hear more about the rain poppy. Apparently, they are used for mind-soothing, among other things.”

Anyel’s ears twitched slightly. He knew Lara only had his, and the rest of the Hand’s, best in mind here, but he still felt targeted in a way. The mind strengthening lessons and exercises the Hand had been focusing on as of lately seemed to have little to none effect on Anyel’s beehive of a head…

“What other things?” he asked, brushing off chips and dust from the hoof before continuing.

“Well”, Lara said, slowly and with a distinct innocent tone, “tea, for instance.”

[This goes on for several pages.]
(fill in the gaps to get the link: wattpad com/807043941-moonglade-steamwheedle-cartel-the-sha%27tar-tea-for .)

4 Likes

(Apologies for imposing on the thread, I just have to say, Anyel, I love that Deathwing look on you!

… I mean, it’s hideous and terrifying, and…
Well, quite lovely.)

4 Likes

This time it was just a slight delay! That said… Here I go posting screenshots again! It’s a mix of mine and Dulvarinn’s.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/1019347/original.jpg?1574437530

It’s a joy to see our Greenhouse so lively. :hearts:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.