[A-RP] LF RP guild accepting a 'unique' role!

Hey there!

Recently I have been looking for an RP guild for one of my roles and have searched the Discord, the Facebook and asked people in-game but have not been able to find many guilds worth approaching, I was recommended to post here.

The role of my character is a fairly unique one, hence why it has been quite hard to find a suitable guild. My character is an ogre who deserted the Dustbelcher Tribe (a small clan of Ogres in the eastern regions of Khaz Modan) due to shame as well as physical and verbal abuse, and although he does not currently serve for the Alliance, he previously aided them by scouting and revealing the locations of several ogre and orc camps around the south of the Eastern Kingdoms.

I am looking mostly for an adventuring guild as I think that best suits my role however I am comfortable with really any type of RP guild. I will be avoiding Stormwind since lorewise there are only a couple dozen of ogres in the city as stated by the WoW roleplaying game, I also don’t think Stormwind RPers would take kindly to my role. If you think your guild would be willing to at least give me a chance then please leave info below!

If you are wondering if I have the experience to RP this kind of character, I have about 5 years worth of RP experience on WoW. I have also RPed an ogre on Horde side for a short period of time and have experience in other fairly unique roles. I have also done a lot of research on this role to ensure I am lorewise checked out and RPwise good.

Hello!
Sadly i don’t know any Alliance side guilds that may take an ogre or not
Although! Overall i believe if you were on Horde side with your ogre, as stonemaul ogres are part of the Horde, would’ve been easier :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[Journeymen] had an ogre at one point, try them! They’re a trade and blade guild.

1 Like

Personally you’re going to find that playing this role, is extremely special, and thus fitting in most standard day to day concepts will be difficult for both you and others alike. This is primarily due to the obvious nature of your character, being a hulking Ogre. In my opinion you’d do a lot better off roleplaying a base race, though give it similar aspects to what you liked about the ogre, whether it be dim and clumsy or something else. I think RP experience is kinda redundant, as a guild will be having to go out of its way to accommodate your specific and unique style of roleplay which could cause a stir. Overall my thoughts are, you’d be a lot better off as a base character rather than a unique non playable race. That’s my advice and you’ll most likely get a lot more rp as a result of that.

while i agree with the sentiment, the dude ain’t asking for career advice. he asking for a guild

1 Like

He’s asking for a guild. Though I highly doubt any are looking for ogre roleplayers, hence I’m being realistic.

This is the main point in regards to special snowflake rp, and it’s why it’s so frowned upon hence the stigma.

1 Like

literally read the post above your first one

It stands testament to why Special Snowflake RP never flourishes, people do not want the burden and stigma attached. It’s why I’ve recommended this guy tries something different, as let’s be honest, this clearly isn’t working very well for him.

As far as I’m aware Journeymen is inactive

The Fallen Leaf has little reason to turn away an ogre from an IC point of view as long as they meet the same criteria as any other recruit.

That said, here’s a link to our guild thread for an introduction:

We are a mix of adventure/travel/mercenary RP, and while the goals revolve around Pandaria and we have plenty of pandaren, the order recruits all races for the cause.

4 Likes

Jesus christ you care more about this than me haha.

I would say that the reason RPing as more unique roles is looked down upon is due to the fact that most of the time, the people that RP as it are inexperienced and simply do it because it’s different yet they do not spend enough time understanding the story behind these kind of roles and do not acknowledge how difficult it will be and that you really must stay in character at all times. A lot of the time people will also RP as these kind of roles just to be OP IC or they will go against how their character should be acting simply because they want to win in IC confrontations. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with RPing anything so long as it isn’t a generally way OP role such as a dragon, an archmage, etc. If you want to RP as any of those, you must RP privately, exclusively with your guild as you are simply too powerful. There are a couple hundred ogres serving the Alliance across the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Outland, it’s just that only a few are shown in-game but if you check the WoW Roleplaying Game for example, there are even some in Stormwind.

In conclusion, in my opinion, as long as your character is lore-friendly, not too overpowered and you stay in character at all times, you should be able to RP anything, whether it be a wise old centaur, a clumsy idiotic ogre or even a kobold!

Flexes in Illidari

I don’t know about any guilds accepting Ogres, but i suggest you join Thag’Idash’s non-existing nation up in Alterac. So far, we’ve got around two ogres, and that’s not enough to properly form an Ogre Kingdom Antagonist to all those humans running around.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.