[Pandaren-RP] 🍂 The Fallen Leaf: Hiatus

tl;dr
The Fallen Leaf is a Pandaria-aligned and pandaren led paramilitary order that seeks to unify Pandaria and reform its empire to ensure its independence. The order also performs as a mercenary company all around the world to both fund this and to make necessary connections.

A golden leaf
From the tree of old.
It fell at the pinnacle of war,
Bringing not death but dawn.

It rose with the wind,
Traveling across the land,
Gathering many more to join.

Together they fluttered
Through the tumultuous sky,
Finding much conflict to sate.

The golden leaf:
A sign of rising hope,
Uniting the scattered;
Bringing about a new empire.

The Fallen Leaf

The Fallen Leaf was once a wandering neutral order with a purpose to help those in need of aid; work as heroes for the weak. Now the order has a different goal, which is to unify the continent's people, restore its old empire and raise new walls to ensure its independent strength and prosperity, completely separate from the Alliance and Horde.

Of course, these goals are years away from their reach with their current numbers and power, so the focus will be on becoming stronger, larger and more organised as an order. To gain influence both inside and outside of Pandaria, the Leaf will operate as mercenaries while preparing for Pandaria's future behind the scenes.

The order continues to follow the philosophy of the Fallen Leaf, and enforces a set of rules to make sure everything works fluidly.

Events and RP

The Fallen Leaf will be taking part in community events and campaigns when it makes sense for them to do so. We will also try to host community events once in a while, on top of which we hold frequent DM events of our own (approximately two or more a week). In addition to regular events we have casual RP every day.

The guild’s RP focuses on two things:

• 1.) The order’s progress to further their agenda and influence in Pandaria through diplomatic missions and its defense, alongside their evolution from a group of mercenaries into something Pandaria can depend on.

• 2.) The neutral mercenary aspect in Azeroth as the order travels from one location to another in search of various kinds of work to do. (From an IC point of view this is done to fund the order’s operations in Pandaria to slowly work towards unifying the continent in order to ensure its independence in the future.)

We are well aware of the guild's IC goals to be too lofty to be viable for RP, which is why the guild will not be reaching them or making significant enough progress on them for it to become a problem. Instead the RP revolves around the journey towards said goals.

While by now the Fallen Leaf borders a paramilitary with its size, our RP is not quite as strict as military RP even if some aspects of it are slowly being integrated, and could be compared more to an adventurous journey through Azeroth. We also acknowledge World of Warcraft's high fantasy aspect and take it all into our RP as it is portrayed in the game instead of downplaying it for grit.

As mentioned before, our RP focuses on Pandaria and traveling all around Azeroth, and so we hardly ever visit Stormwind. As a result this guild is not for someone that wishes to spend their time there.

Everyone can host guild events, but officers/guild master should be informed about the overall idea and content.

Ranks

Everyone starts as an Initiate, and from there, they will progress in the guild according to their activity and their behaviour both IC and OOC. It is possible to make it all the way up to the rank of a Leafguard without being expected much on an OOC level, but to progress beyond that we expect people to be actively participating in running the guild. This means making events, promoting casual RP, moderating the guild chat and ensuring rules are followed, and eventually taking part in the guild's recruitment.

(Click to expand)

Xiake

IC:
Being the Master’s right hand, there will be only one Xiake at a time. Xiake is expected to take responsibility over the rest of the Order and guide them. He or she has similar responsibilities to the Master’s, but only when the Master is absent. In addition to this, the Xiake works as the Master’s advisor in the Order’s matters.

OOC:
Being the guild master’s right hand, there will be only one Xiake at a time. Xiake is expected to make events if the calendar looks empty, provide random RP for people and handle a part of the recruitment. He/she has similar responsibilities to the guild master’s, but only when the guild master is absent.

Sages & Protectors

IC:
Sages and Protectors are the highest ranking members of the order, and act as guardians. They generally work in leading position in a safe house and are responsible for its logistics and functionality. If there are more Protectors and Sages than safe houses, they assume a group of their own and work in the field.

OOC:
Sages and Protectors act as senior officers for the guild. Their responsibilities are the same as a Jade Shield’s, but on top of this they provide guidance to junior officers, and in the absence of the Master, their word overrules that of a Jade Shield. (Their alts can be recognised from the Officer Alt rank)

Jade Shield

IC:
Jade Shields are the field officers of the order. Each Jade Shield is in charge of a group of their own, and lead them in day to day work and contracts. They are expected to ensure the order’s rules are followed, and that the members of their group behave in a manner that reflects well on the order.

OOC:
Jade Shields are the junior officers of the guild, and their responsibilities include a part of the recruitment, providing random RP for the members, helping with and creating events occasionally, moderating the guild chat, enforcing the guild’s rules, and introducing the new members to the order’s ways IC. (Their alts can be recognised from the Officer Alt rank)

Leafguard

IC:
The exemplary members, and the elite of the order. The Leafguards have a duty to assist Jade Shields in running each group and have authority over Swordsmen and Initiates.

OOC:
If Jade Shield is a junior officer rank, the Leafguard is a junior junior officer rank. The rank holds no OOC responsibilities, but instead its responsibilities and duties are all entirely IC. They will be helping the Jade Shields to ensure rules are followed, and will occasionally take command for missions.

Swordsman

IC:
Swordsmen are the not so new members of the order, who have adapted to the order’s tenets and methods. They are expected to follow the tenets well and present the order positively, along with participating as they would have as an initiate.

OOC:
Swordsmen are the not so new members of the guild, who have adapted to the order’s tenets and methods. They are expected to follow the rules well and give a positive image of the guild.

Solo Operative

IC:
Part of the order’s new intelligence branch, the solo operatives work independently around Azeroth. They are tasked with gathering information and performing whatever tasks they deem to fit within the order’s tenets, and rather than monthly wage, they are paid according to their performed services and delivered information.

Unlike the rest of the order’s members, their movement is not restricted, and they are allowed to affiliate with other organisations. This also means that while bearing this rank, they cannot progress within the order’s own hierarchy, and that they must be accompanied by a field team in order to enter the order’s safe houses. When working solo, they do not officially represent the order, nor do they wear its insignia.

Despite the often independent nature of their work, they can still accompany the order’s field teams in their work.

OOC:
On an OOC level this is meant as a lower-commitment and less restrictive option to partake in the guild’s RP.

Initiate

IC:
Initiates are the new members who have passed the interview/initiation into the order. They are expected to participate in the main group’s activities, as well as try to follow the tenets to their best.

OOC:
Initiates are the new members who have passed the interview/initiation into the order. They are expected to participate in the random RP and events (Not that we can force anyone to do it), as well as try to follow the rules to their best.

Requirements to join

Basic understanding of English and RP, and the willingness to improve and take advice are probably the most important of the requirements for us. We also expect you to be able to behave in the game world, and in guild chat, which probably goes without saying.

To join, you may contact: Shuang, Tsanggiya / Gouwai / Quanbakou or Regiment, or if none of aforementioned are online, feel free to whisper any other member.

As for races and classes, almost all combinations are welcome to join, although at the moment void elves, worgen, demon hunters, warlocks, and death knights might find it very difficult to be accepted.

Rules

• Characters in the guild are to be role-played around the guild (aside from Field Operatives)
  • Be nice to everyone and behave
  • No lolling
  • No ERP
  • No spam

Old recruitment threads
2015-2018
2018-2019

35 Likes

lol first xd

2 Likes

She witnessed a man growing into the rank of Lieutenant at the worst possible time. He lead fearful civilians and survivors through the horror of undead invasions, and through unspeakable dread.

This dream gave Sindaru insight. Perhaps enough to overcome her suspicion of the void-paled skin of their latest Initiate. “There is more to them than their pledge to the void. A life lived before, just as tumultuous as the new one that cast them out of their former kin’s circles.”, she thought.

Event pics & edits

1 vote and 0 comments so far on Reddit

4 Likes

Ravings of irrelevancy

“The Fallen Leaf has granted me an environment to call home once more, yet it is not without it’s negatives. Who I am and what I represent are my primary follies which either feed the distrust or curiosity of my fellow comrades. I do admit to be particularly at fault for fueling the flames of discord regarding myself, but I have also made it abundantly clear that my circumstances have been - and still are to a degree - much more different compared to the rest of my despicable kin.”

“To work to ensure the safety of Pandaria and the common folk is a goal I have grown fond of. From this perspective the squabble between the two factions seems irrelevant and pointless to even observe as an outsider - yet I have been loyal to the both of them. I know what it’s like; it is tempting to succumb to old hatreds, the pointless and the needless.”

“For the Leaf.”

3 Likes

Is this the power of Ultra Instinct Trust Level 3?

I never thought I’d see such dark techniques in use.

3 Likes

Today the Fallen Leaf had chance to rest after weeks of wandering and dreaming together. Lots of meat, fireworks and brew was had in no particular order. Perhaps even too much of some.

We’ll be in Moonglade for a few days. This is a great chance to meet the Fallen Leaf! Stay a while and om nom listen to the many stories. Perhaps yours will find a place, too?

Event pics

Extra

A particular moment where Shuang snapped out of her daydream to watch Krust breathe down her neck, - as Jojo reference

5 Likes

Back in Pandaria, Dawn’s Blossom! We’re taking it easy until the Second Tournament of Celestial Arts this weekend.

1 Like

Pleasant folks who I accompanied down to Krasarang for the tournament. Looking forward to bumping into them again!

3 Likes

After tournaments and races, the Fallen Leaf ventured from the Jade Forest to the mountains of Kun-Lai for a new quest. Its real purpose was revealed as they settled in the mountain village of One Keg.

They will reach out to a guardian spirit housed deep in the bowels of a vault. However, the reason for doing such endeavor left some of the order’s members speechless.

RP snaps

6 Likes

The order set out to enter the vault and face its guardian spirit. Preparations were made, contingency plans created… but in the end the spirit had sober, and reassuring news to tell them.

In the end, they left with no more than the stale air of ancient halls they entered. The spirits sought no fight. Neither did the Leaf.

The lingering words of the dead made them wander to the White Tiger Temple. A ritual is to be held there.

RP snaps

5 Likes

Am I truly good-willed?

Piecing together the torn letter in her bloody and trembling hands, the darkest corner of Darkshore granted her the concealment she needed for this. Orcish yells and Forsaken bellows, including the eerie workings of the Horde war machine in the distance - or perhaps just beyond the corner - no longer affected her. She had grown eerily familiar of them.

Am I truly doing the right thing?

A sigh of relief. The precious pieces of the parchment she was desperately assembling back together weren’t dirtied or torn too badly; the text she read helped her muster a smile. The delighted expression on her face felt so foreign to her.

Am I supposed to continue doing this?

The assembled pieces of the letter were carefully stacked and folded, then neatly placed within her satchel for safekeeping. A moment passed and she suddenly felt her cursed eyes growing glassy, before a single teardrop traveled down on her dirty cheek, followed by another… and another.

Am I supposed to lie to myself?

Easily, the night elf pushed herself to stand. This is no time to be desperate, nor is there any known excuse to justify succumbing into a state of bitter sorrow when there is still a reason to fight. To protect what matters. To reclaim what was lost.

May the Banewood triumph.

2 Likes

Pandaren themed RP is nothing for me, but I said the same about Tauren themed RP and now I frequently roll one. This looks very good - a shame (for me!) it sees mostly A-side!

1 Like

We do have a Horde-side guild created, but it has been inactive and lacking in members for a very long time now. With the addition of crossRP and the language potion however, characters from the red side can indulge with us easier! It’s entirely possible to join the guild even if you’re from the opposite faction, technically.

So far the Horde-side guild has been only used for alts of Alliance-side members, since we don’t have the kind of resources to run two guilds (or one and a half, as it would be) at the same time.

Last weekend the Fallen Leaf and the Walkers of the Wind left Pandaria on a speedy ship with Drustvar as their destination.

The Leaf had been hired by Marik to save his brother, Tidun of the Walkers of the Wind who had been gone missing after coming in contact with a corrupted drust totem.

After having some trouble with corrupted thornspeakers along with tons of wickermen, and finally managing to track down Tidun, things didn’t quite go as intended. The target of the group’s rescue vanished in a burst of spirits once the corrupted totem had been broken, leaving only a wooden husk behind.

6 Likes

This looks so cool!

1 Like

The Leaf has been in Pandaria for a couple of weeks now to rest from their previous job! Now they are faced with concerning news and sightings of people washing ashore in the eastern and northern coastline…

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what is the name of the Horde version? :slight_smile:

The Horde version is called “Order of the Fallen Leaf”. I believe there’s only five characters in it at the moment, all of which are alts.

1 Like

Things continue to keep us busy in Pandaria with one of our own hosting a set of trials which neatly segued in to another making amends for taking a cloud serpent that was clearly missing its rider.

We’re currently in Sri-La and will likely be in the area for the next few days too, don’t be afraid to drop by and join in!

3 Likes