[A-RP] Moonfall Guard (Battle-Mage/ Apprentice RP!)

What I recall most clearly of that day is the feeling of the heat smashing over my senses like an angry storm against the coast as I teleported into Darnassus as the flames took it. Myself, and other Highborne, fought to keep the portals to Stormwind open as long as possible. Though we saved many hundreds of people, my nightmares are fueled with the faces and screams of those we could not. In my sadness I came to lament much I had lossed: the final destruction of the Moon Guard and death of so many friends at the hands of the traterious Shal’dorei, the loss of Teldrassil and so many of my people, my friends and colleagues in the 7th Legion fighting for their lives this very moment and my own isolation as a relic of an age, and people, long past.

In our grief and sadness though, when we have hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. Guided by the memory and proud legacy of the Moon Guard, and inspired by the kinship of the Alliance and the tenacity of the 7th Legion I resolved to establishing a new magical corps for the Alliance: The Moonfall Guard.

This order of magi will provide not only military assistance to the units and orders of the Alliance, but aid them logistically and academically also. New generations of magi will study and apprentice in our Academy before transferring to the Corps, while the professors and researchers at the Academy will safeguard magical knowledge for generations to come.

Together: Might and Magic.

Lord Meletis Arcanoak

Major & Grand Enchanter of The Moonfall Guard

Introduction

Welcome The Moonfall Guard. Styled on, and in honour of, the Moon Guard of the ancient Kaldorei Empire, the Moonfall Guard brings mages together from across the Alliance under the charter of providing magical assistance in the war. Guided by the ideals and hand of the Moon Guard, the Moonfall Guard honours those who kept their vigil long after the war ended.

Goals

1 - Provide the armies and orders of the Alliance with dedicated magical support on the battlefield. Off the battlefield, provide logistical support in the form of wards, shields, enchantments, movement of personnel and supplies.

2 - Training young mages in the offensive and defensive applications of magic through The Moonfall Guard Academy for those mages soon to graduate, or have freshly graduated, to receive training on and off the field. Based on the training of the Moonguard and the Academic traditions of the Nar’thalas Academy, ancient traditions guide new generations of magi.

What to expect

First and foremost we are a Military RP/ RP-PVP guild. We’ll join campaigns across the server and lead on our own mage-themed rp in the form of PVE missions, training and education through our Moonfall Guard Academy RP. We’ll focus on the detail of magical rp, investing in things like IC research, gathering reagents and looking for magical artifacts. We’ll also encourage IC trades and crafts to add more depth while relishing “in the field” RP across Azeroth.

Organisation

The Moonfall Guard is made of two halves: The Academy and The Corps. Students/ apprentices will start life in The Academy where they will receive academic and in-the-field training in defensive and offensive magics. Academics, Researchers and Tutors/ Professors will find a home within The Academy. Seasoned battle-mages, and graduates from The Academy, will join the Corps and be actively deployed as part of The Lion Guard’s forces in the war.

Ranks

A Major, holding the title Grand Enchanter, leads The Moonfall Guard.

A First Enchanter and Mage-Captain lead The Academy and The Corps respectively.

Corps Ranks

• Lieutenant

• Sergeant

• Lance Corporal

• Private

Academy Ranks

• Professor

• Researcher

• Student

Uniforms

Being a military guild we have a uniform policy/ dress code that varies depending on the branch of the guild you are in and the progress of your character through our hierarchy. Battle-mages of The Corps wear the 7th legion mage set from Arathi, students wear plain blue-robes while researchers and professors are expected to wear blue/gold or blue/silver.

Uniforms are worn when on duty, not all the time and its encouraged that members have casual clothes and dress-robes for formal social functions. Full details of uniforms, with links, will be detailed on our discord.

Rules:

• Be respectful of the diversity of your fellow gamers
  • No god-emoting; you’re a mage, not a Titan.
  • No trash talking other players/ guilds, focus on your own good rp.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Race restrictions?
A: None, all Alliance races/ allied races are welcome

Q: I like mage RP, but don’t want to PVP. Can I still join?
A: Importantly we are a Military RP-PVP guild, and most RP-PVP is more RP then PVP with rules, turn taking etc. We do have an Academy half of the guild, so if your character is not a battle-mage but more of a professor/ researches they could find a home there. However they would still deploy with us, even if they don’t fight on the field, we’d still expect them to be at camp.

Q: Class wise I’m an Immolation Warlock, but IC I am a Mage. Can I join?
A: Yes, so long as you RP as being a run-of-the-mill mage that is fine. None of that Fel nonsense, thank you very much!

Q: Ugh, Uniforms? Really?
A: Yes, totes. We are a Military RP-PVP guild and we mirror ourselves on the mages seen in the 7th Legion, or the Circle Mages seen in the Arathi Highlands Warfront. Remember though Uniforms are only worn on duty. So at camp, in a city, off-duty you can dress casually, on guard duty or during an event then you’d be in the uniform. We 100% encourage players to have both casual and formal dress alongside their uniform. The Academy has a uniform for students, but researchers and professors have a dress-code.

Q: My character is an Archmage/ high-ranking military person. Will this be taken into consideration?
A: We distinguish between Title and Rank. Titles have not bearing on your military rank within The Moonfall Guard. Everyone starts off in the order with a junior rank, and it can advance as quickly as you are proactive and contributing to the guild ICly.

How to join
If you are interested in joining then contact me in game and I can provide you with a link to our discord. If you have any questions you can comment here or contact me in game too.

Thanks for reading!

9 Likes

You should be aware that the “Lion’s Guard” are King Anduins personal bodyguard, there could be some confusion with the name.

4 Likes

We’re aware, but didn’t see it as a problem. Its Nothing that can not be remedied through RP and time. After all I think people will quickly distinguish the two when one is a group of mage rpers and the other a collection NPCs in Stormwind Keep?

We couldn’t pass up the romantic link between The Moon Guard and a spiritual successor in The Lion Guard. <3

I wish you the very best of luck with this.

The backstory for this, being heavily tied to the Moon Guard gives a very interesting take on how Kaldorei Magi has undergone changes throughout the thousands of years and how they have eventually joined with the Alliance.
Very best of luck :smile:

4 Likes

Moonguard is a very cool thing in lore, and i really love it‌, even having one of my chars being a former mage of it…
It’s a nice concept to see, would love interacting with you, and best of luck :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Just in case:

• The Saber Guard

• The Talon Guard

• The Mage Guard (or Mageguard, like the NPCs that were with Jaina Proudmoore)

A fun looking concept, my friend. As someone who started off roleplay in a guild of sorcerers (warlocks to be exact), I can vouch for any concept based on magic.

wiggles fingers

3 Likes

This looks very good, very promising, and did I say very good? Best of luck in the future, although I doubt you will need it. Seems you got things down already, by the layout of this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you all so much for the support and encouragement!

I like that the roots of my character in The Moon Guard, and the legacy this carries through into a spiritual successor in this Lion Guard resonate so well with so many of you. If anyone is interested in joining then get in touch, of if you have a character that is former Moon Guard and want someone to RP with also let me know.

1 Like

The concept is really great and can’t wait for the guild to be up as I would love to join. Considering I’m not in a guild as of the moment, though not sure where I’d fit yet I’m sure I could figure it out. Especially looking forward to the academic side aswell to explore the lore side of the different kind of magics.

So, after ruminating on some feedback I’ve come up with three variations on the name. Which do people think would be most fitting? (I like 1 and 2, personally!)

1. The Eclipse Guard (Honouring Elune’s transition into the Night Warrior phase)

2. The Moonfall Guard (Guards of Moon Guard Stronghold were called Moonfall Guards, several parts of the the stronghold are called “Moonfall…”

3. The Circle Guard (Mages and circles are a common trope, the mage tower in Arathi has mages called “Circle Mages”, we might use the tower as a base when available)

1 Like

Ohh, this is pretty sick, my guy. Hoping to see some card tricks in RPPVP campaigns from your guild. Very cool.

I’d say, The Circle Guard sounds the coolest.

After some deliberation, and getting feedback from the food folks on the Mage Discord I’ve settled on “Moonfall Guard” for the guild! We will draw heavily on the Moonguard inspiration in shaping training, tone, feel and will draw on the Nar’thalas Academy for a model of magical instruction!

Ancient traditions will guide new generations of mages!

7 Likes

That’s really cool, neat and awesome, would love meeting you at some point :slight_smile:

Well done, I personally think this name is far stronger than the last one so I wish you good luck man!

2 Likes

Seems like a really cool idea for a guild, If you are ever interested in working together we’d love to hear from you!

3 Likes

Thank you, Miles! Very kind! I’m still working to get the guild going, but got my first member the other day, so we’d love to rp with you at some point! Where is your guild usually based?

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! We’re finishing up a campaign and should be back in Stormwind the week after next, we’ll most likely be in the Golden Keg if not the Cathedral square. Hit me or one of our officers up in whispers if you need anything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.