[A] Sorcerer's Apprentice

Hi

I’m a casual RP’er. I am considering rolling up a wizard - probably dwarven. I have a concept and need external help. My toon will be a young apprentice mage. I am looking for someone to RP my master.

What I’d want from this master is someone to give me quests in-character. Preferably to go and collect actual Warcraft items from far flung places of the world. I’d then use this to drive my RP plus some actual adventures.

E.g. they may charge me to find a “Darnassian Rose” (imagining such an item existed in game) for some spell research they were doing. I’d have to figure out where to get such a thing (I’d plan to do that via RP with other toons - asking where such things could be located etc.) and then go and collect it in-game.

Once found I’d return to my master and hand it over. I’d then be sent on another such mission.

Hopefully the master could research some interesting stuff for me to find/do and I’d be more than happy if I needed to get a little stronger (level up a few levels) before I was capable of taking on his/her next quest. If the master was able to come up with some more unusual challenges then I’d definitely be up for them - but where possible I’d like them to be actual things I could achieve in-game. [Yes, I suppose I’m sort of after my own personal quest system! But with an RP drive - RPing the initial quest assignment, then using it for me to RP research with other players and go off and achieve something in-game].

As I say I am a casual player so you’d have to expect me to crop up at unpredictable times (pretty much evenings only and only a few nights a week and often only for 30-60 minutes). I’d like the mentor to be based in SW primarily, if possible, not required though, and hopefully be online quite a lot so that when I am about you most likely will be too.

Not fussed about the master’s in-game class of course. You just need to be able to RP a Sorcerer-master-type.

Does this sound of interest to anyone out there?

Thanks
Blakey
AKA Ragnar Redstaff, Apprentice-mage-in-waiting…

3 Likes

Awh, I’d have someone for this - had you been Horde.

Good luck!

I saw this thread a few days ago, maybe you can try hitting up this person?

Thanks! I’ve posted in their thread…

Oh hello! I suggest two things for you

I recently saw a mage guild forming, Moonfall guard, this is the link :slight_smile:

Also here is a guide, you might like to see this

Good luck ^^

1 Like

That sexy orc Kump beat me to it…, but I highly approve his reply! If you want to Roleplay an apprentice you should definetly join a guild and especially one with a lot of mages. Sure you can duo roleplay with someone else as the master wizard but to be in an enviroment with multiple mages boosts that apprentice experience in my opinion. I bet the IC master/expert mages would happily take your character under their wing.

Just like how a squire probably learns the most from his lord he/she still interacts with those around his/her lordship, and with roleplaying the more the merrier!

2 Likes

Hello!

As linked, my character is an experienced Arcanist with a particular emphasis on enchantment, shielding, wards and the magical school of ice (Though is naturally versed in the others also!) He himself was a student of the Nar’thalas Academy, and is no stranger to taking on his own students who he trains in a similar manner: having apprentices go into the field, getting reagents and the like.

If you are interested feel free to drop a message on our thread, or write to me ingame.

Good luck in your search!

1 Like

Sorry, I tried to reply to the Sorcerer’s Apprentice thread I started but my forum-foo is clearly very weak…

So, I could be interested in this on Horde side instead. My Horde knowledge is pretty limited but that might make it more fun perhaps.

Can you tell me more about this prospective master, please?

Thanks
Blakey

A prerequisite would be rather active participation in the faction war - on an IC level at least. My mage, aside from being something of a snob, is extremely anti-Alliance and takes active part in the war. Of course this could provide interesting IC tensions but she’s unlikely to consider an apprentice who will not take part as well, at least to some degree.

My mage would be very demanding from her student but I imagine having your character face challenging missions will only be fun. In fact this mission system suits me perfectly as I have multiple characters to juggle and so have to divide my time carefully between each.

Any race would do, naturally my mage has different opinions on each but one would not be turned down on race alone.

Here is my character.

I am partial to Pandaren. And no issues with being partisan IC either.

I’ve not subbed yet. I’m away this weekend so will not play till next week.

What I’ll do is roll up a Pandaren mage and get him/her to 20th - which will take me some time. Then I’ll decide if I’m up for this or not.

If I am , expect full dedication from my mage IC, but be prepared that I’m very casual. Full time job and young family restricts my online time a lot.

Hopefully that’s all okay.

2 Likes

Suits me perfectly. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Curious. Where is your Horde mage based?

Currently operating out of the Shrine of Two Moons, but is often out in the world on business.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.