[A-RP] Mumbo Gumbo!

A leaflet is neatly placed on the local billboard:

‘Not all plants grow in verdant landscapes. Some thrive amongst scalding dunes under the intense gaze of An’she, persistently adapting to their unforgiving surroundings. We are about to examine such herb with a little help from the race that knows it best. Once again we invite all able adventurers to join our leafy lectures. Get ready for some hot stuff!’

Quest Objective: Meet with The Botany Band in the greenhouse at the Magus Commerce Exchange in Dalaran (Broken Isles) on Monday the 25th of March at 20:00 CET and receive further information.

–––

The Botany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on adventurous study of plantlife. Led by Kuhuine Tenderstride we welcome every friendly adventurer with a green thumb! :herb:

3 Likes

The last two events you hosted was great, Dulvarinn!
I’m going to try my best to attend this one too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope to be there too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting! I will try to make it.

2 Likes

On the one hand, I would want to show up as Ethan in the first event after the guild was formed. On the other hand, I want to start involving the demon hunter alt I talked about. So, any advice?

3 Likes

The hero classes may prove difficult to implement in casual roleplay due to their epicly dark nature. In terms of lore the demon hunters are usually outcasts of their societies and their pursuit of eradicating demons make them unlikely to care about trivialities. That is until the exception proves the rule. It is not impossible, but it certainly is a challenge. The devil is in the detail. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

What I want to do is a “casual demon hunter”. That is, the Legion’s defeated, what is he going to do? So he tries to blend in. Badly. And comically.

4 Likes

Let us try. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looking forward to the event tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for a delightful evening! Your devoted roleplaying and positive reactions have yet again filled me with a growing enthusiasm. However, in my opinion the event was a bit too long, and so I will try to design shorter storylines for future events. It is not easy being green! :herb:

2 Likes

I´m sorry I missed the end of it! But thank you for hosting another immersive event once again and to everyone who made it come alive :slight_smile: I´ve been having a great time getting to know more of roleplay and the community of Moonglade, it´s been a pleasure.

As for the length of the event, I imagine it´s hard to really predict how long, these things last - everything can happen on the way :slight_smile: And that´s what makes it awesome, as in “alive and breathing” instead of static, if one can say that.

But, a way to make it shorter could be to skip a few steps, or “take the event to where it will take place” in a swifter way, if that makes sense?

Even though it makes the world feel bigger, the trip from the Greenhouse and to Stormwind and onwards from that could be “molded” a tad, and essentially cut off half an hour where the most that take place are walks, since it´s tricky to emote and speak at the same time.

It´s different if the journey involves a boat ride or something however - at least to me.

But it´s a balance, and I am new at this, so this was just a thought :slight_smile:

As the whole thing expands, it would be fantastic to have someone able to recap the event. Imagine like a journal page, where the highlights of the event would be written down. We could pair it up with screenshots. Hm. Lots of ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am honoured to venture verdantly at your side, Alunaria. :green_heart:

But, a way to make it shorter could be to skip a few steps, or ‘take the event to where it will take place’ in a swifter way, if that makes sense?

It definitely does. I will adjust the next event by including fewer subtasks. In the past I have participated in events starting in remote locations where we would often wait quite some time for people to arrive. The idea of always initiating lectures at the same time and place is therefore to make it easier to be punctual. The [Dalaran Hearthstone] also helps. :smirk:

Even though it makes the world feel bigger, the trip from the Greenhouse to Stormwind and onwards from that could be ‘molded’ a tad, and essentially cut off half an hour where the most that take place are walks, since it is tricky to emote and speak at the same time.

Personally, I consider the joint walking to be a good opportunity for interactions between the characters, but I agree that it is difficult to walk while typing. In order to circumvent this challenge I sometimes use the auto-follow function on the leading character and then focus on typing.

As the whole thing expands, it would be fantastic to have someone able to recap the event. Imagine like a journal page, where the highlights of the event would be written down. We could pair it up with screenshots. Hm. Lots of ideas!

I agree wholeheartedly! Currently, I am working to publish The Botany Book with recollections of lectures past. I will let you know when it is ready! However, I deeply adore Alunaria’s Avenue and highly hope that you will continue to share your beautiful creations and ideas!

2 Likes

I am really sorry I missed. I had double booked myself with rl stuff too. But I will keep my eyes open for future events for sure!

2 Likes

Aw, how does one make all those fancy icons in their responses /inserts lots of flowers. :slight_smile: Thank you!

That is very true, and the auto-follow function is a good suggestion; I´ll be sure to keep that in mind.

Let us know what we can help with in regards to the publishing :slight_smile: Exciting times ahead! All good things come to those that wait.

Thank you for your appreciation, I will edit and finish the screenshots from yesterday, hopefully out by tomorrow or Thursday :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.