[A-RP] Night Elf Roleplay

Since the last thread update, I’ve moved various events to the archive and updated the guild list to be as current as possible. If you notice anything outdated or otherwise incorrect in the thread, feel free to bring it up and I’ll make sure to fix whatever is wrong!

5 Likes

Did you have any luck with finding a (kaldorei) death knight in the end?

Thank you for adding my guild to this thread :heart: very much appreciated.

1 Like

I think Thornglaive went inactive or dormant.

I’ve spoken to the GM of the Thornglaives and though they’re currently a little quiet with only the occasional - but they’re likely to return once content dies down somewhat, so I’m keeping them on the list.

Upcoming is the annual Lunar Festival, this year hosted by the Dirge of Teldrassil. Each day has different activities, so make sure to sign up to them if you’re interested!

12th, 13th, 14th of February: the Lunar Festival

Hosted by Vashava, the Lunar Festival is an annual event centred around the celebration of the in-game Lunar Festival. Celebrants come together in the neutral Moonglade to remember their past victory over the Burning Legion through various activities.

5 Likes

So umm do I have to be emo end listen to Linkin Park (love them btw) while RP?
Love my nelf characters but non of them fit the descryption You see.
Wonder if all of nelves cared so much for Tendrasill to begin with.

Maybe for the majority of the night elf people that died within, though? That’s sort of the whole tragic point of it all.

5 Likes

That’s why I have concerns in joining guild like that tho.
Playing whole “tragic” part.
I am afraid that all RP gona spin around this.

There’s reasons for night elves to be indifferent or apathetic to Teldrassil as a World Tree (see: its bouts of corruption, the reason for its growth), but likely most if not all night elves have some reason to care about what’s on Teldrassil. It’s the very capital of them as a people - there might be some outliers who, for their own reasons, dislike the kaldorei but they’re just that: outliers.

The Burning of Teldrassil was a major event for the night elves. It killed many of their people, and their remaining population is afterwards described as “few, too few”. The “tragic” part is simply not something that you can easily dismiss when you create a night elf character - that’s how the lore is, and the Burning of Teldrassil has become ingrained into said lore.

Nowadays, I don’t think all roleplay revolves around the Burning of Teldrassil and seeking vengeance anymore now that we are more than a year further and in a different expansion pack. Night elves will be trying to move on, but you’ll still find it fresh in the minds of many - and likely will be for the years to come.

3 Likes

Your character doesn’t have to be a brooding Teldrassil avenger who indiscriminately kills all Horde on sight. Mine certainly isn’t — she was, however, deeply affected by the tragedy, as I imagine most night elves would be.

Even if your night elf character was against planting Teldrassil to begin with (for reasons such as hailing from the pro-Malfurion, anti-Fandral faction of the Cenarion Circle), the sheer death toll, as well as the loss of the center of modern night elf civilization, with many skilled craftsmen, much of the Sisterhood of Elune, and quite possibly at least some of your character’s friends and family, is hardly something one can be apathetic to.

5 Likes

So it’s kinda RP victim in the end of a day.
That. That I hate.
When I think about it… wasn’t Gnomer razed too recently?
Guess I’ll change my charakter backstory to being rised my dwarfs.
Let’s just pray that Blizz won’t decide to blown up Ironforge.

Ultimately the burning did happen at the start of BFA, but the beautiful thing about roleplaying is that you can react to that, or rather have a character react to that, in any way you like. Granted, rational is better, but if you wanted play a night elf who said “yeah, I never liked my people anyway and I’m glad they all died” then you would be completely within your right to do so.

But really there’s a lot of ways to take the whole Teldrassil thing that isn’t just “I am angry and follow Tyrande 24/7”, you can have a character who is tired of warfare and catastrophe who just wants to settle down and live peacefully, or a character who is disappointed in the Horde for burning it, or the Alliance for failing to protect it, or both - but in both cases it doesn’t have to be this constant ball of hatred and rage. It can literally just be “this sucks.”

If you wanna go a more eclectic route, you could have a character that takes a detached approach and says “death is a natural thing, this is a new beginning,” and set out with that in mind.

Granted these aren’t necessarily great ideas as-is, but with enough fleshing out, you can really justify a tonne of different world views for a character. You don’t have to play a miserable nelf if you don’t want to.

3 Likes

You just get what I’m thinking.
Bfa shown Alliance gullible, goody two shoes and it’s affect RP too.
You can allow yourself for more imagination on Horde side
(soon even roleplayers gonna move there too).
I like to play those “against the type” characters too that’s also a factor.
This guy always wanted to travel aroud the world I guess it settels things for him.

A little bit of a late update due to some real life happenings preventing me from being too active, but I’ve edited the OP’s information - moved events to the archive, added the Seeds of Kalimdor forum thread and updated the guild list. If anything’s incorrect, just post a comment to let me know!

2 Likes

That is how I actually play my Worgen. He was a citizen of Teldrassil and had very much integrated himself in Kaldorei society (While still retaining Gilnean culture etc) but then was forced to witness it’s destruction and the death of countless people he knew.

Eventually however, he’s just tired of all the fighting and feel the Army of the Black Moon contradicts from what they had taught originally for the worgen to control rather than last out in sheer rage.

2 Likes

We have a new website, if we could get that added to our guild info above? It’s replacing the iClan one that was there before. https://www.nightbladesentinels.com/

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, Tinwetar! Edited.

2 Likes

Thank you! <3

2 Likes

Added a guild to the guild list. Reminder of the following event:

1st of May: Byltan, the Spring Festival

Hosted by Tínwëtar, Byltan is a night elven celebration of spring. Kaldorei from many walks of life come together to honour the coming of the new season through a theatrical play, a costume contest and more.

Time: 19:30
Faction: Alliance

4 Likes