[A-RP-PvP] Lordamere Rangers

The days of the Year 34, 626 by the King’s Calendar, were begun, and the reign of the Undercity brought low at the whim of war. Thus were left the ruins preserved in memory, made further damaged and decayed, and the barren fields of the long dead in bitter night. Lost to both good and evil, was the City of Men, and men will remember it – Lordaeron!

It was the bloated heartland stabbed by a long knife and then another, and at it’s forlorn divide of east and west, there lay two great bodies of water, one of which, was Lordamere, the vast freshwater lake with whom several of the kingless realms had once aligned. South-and-west; the silver pines, North; the lament of Lordaeron, surrounded by great walls of stone. From the nearest pines, and the patched isles that lay within that freshwater lake; beggars, brigands, and displaced soldiers had endured that monotone drudgery as victims of the Forsaken warmachine, for whom they held a particular burning hatred. Here were hoodlums of the nameless origin; the Rangers of Lordamere for whom the Siege had been rekindled hope. It were the woods, and cavernous cracks; the tainted wilderness, and ruins’ rise, where these men of the land waged their small war. A war that had just begun.

The Lordamere Rangers is a RP-PvP guild tailored around a band of kingless rangers that travel about the Eastern Kingdoms, shaped by the conditions of their realm of origin; Lordaeron, and the famous Lordamere Lake that lay dividing many a land of men in the days of the Seven Kingdoms. Moving about from worn hideouts and old enclaves, to sleep under thatched roofs or open skies, the rangers hone their proficiencies to live and survive in the wilds, their skills in archery, and in the keeping of loyal hounds fit to track their deadliest enemies; the Forsaken.

What do we do?

The guild’s main focus will be in seeing it’s members develop their skills as rangers, and to smite their great enemy; the Horde, be that through devious ambushes or rare-found engagements of open battle. The rangers will more often than not find themselves in hostile domains, where they must tread carefully, or be reduced to mere sacrifices in the great war.

Who can become a Lordamere Ranger?

The Lordamere Rangers is a guild of humans, originating in the lands of Lordaeron. Keeping within such a theme, a person who joins the rangers’ troupe, may be of joined motives, a due hatred of the Horde and the cursed undead, or merely one seeking the lifestyle of a ranger; bereft of fortune and fame.

How to contact us

Seek us out in-game!

38 Likes

This sounds and looks great! A very fresh take on the Lordaeron Survival guild-theme. I do however have some questions, that I hope is alright if I ask here!

First and foremost, uniform and the likes? Seeing you are rangers up north, I reckon having the means to fashion a uniform might be beyond your capabilities IC, so will you stick to a color theme, or maybe just a tabard, or nothing at all?

Secondly, will you tailor all of your RP around reclaiming Lordaeron and killing any horde/undead in your former homeland? If so, will all the RP take place there, and what ideas do you have in mind to ensure the RP does not start feeling repetitive after a while?

Thirdly, how big will you play on the survival theme? Will finding food and shelter be key-aspects to your every-day RP?

And finally, maybe you could share something about how the guild is structured, and what classes you recruit? Obviously hunters, but maybe one could also portray a ranger as a warrior, paladin, or even rogue?

In any case, I like the concept, and wish you the best of luck moving forward!

4 Likes

Like this concept, best of luck with it!

3 Likes

It is very nice, always good to see lordaeron guilds ^^

3 Likes

Hey, Leadriel! Thank you for bringing up these interesting questions.

We all wear more or less the same cape and hood, so that all can assume subtleties in the wilds to be on a mutual standard. The tabard we use, the cloak and the hood in turn do make for a color-pattern of the set as a whole, and the rest is all left to the creative mind. It allows for great variation, whilst typically upping darker tones of grey. It conceals us better from a combat standpoint in territories like Silverpine.

Our guild concept is all about the heritage of Lordaeron, as well as killing the horde and the undead indeed. A lot of the RP will take place there, but certainly not all of it. The Lordamere Rangers might well offer their bows abroad should there be good reason for us to do so. This could be if a kinsman is in need of aid, or there is a war-effort abroad against the Horde. I believe that encouraging nomadic aspects in the guild from time to time will have an effect in ensuring our roleplay does not end up tedious and repetitive over time. A big part of ranger roleplay should after all be to roam the lands and not be stationed to linger in strictly one spot.

I believe that on a creative level, this will play a lot into our guild experience. As an example: when permitted within the RP, we’ll hunt and gather within the forest, preparations can be made accordingly, through IC actions, before we’re destined to head into the belly of the beast so that we don’t run out behind enemy lines.

The guild is aimed at hunters primarily, and those who can appear to be such through IC means. Other classes are certainly not disinvited, as long they may still visually and character-wise provide the convincing visage of a Lordamere Ranger. We aim to offer a sense of character progression - Ranks being earned rather than just given out, as well as characters learning about their craft should their character be greenhorn.

I am very happy that someone brought this question up in particular, since we have taken the time to summarize our ranks as well as this systemized progression from the bottom scrape to the top, in a Players’ Guide to the Lordamere Rangers guild. I was unfortunately not able to link this document on this forum, since I seldom ever post here at all, but for those curious; it can be found via our guild’s page on the Argent Archives.

6 Likes

Just a small note: Start of BfA took place in year 33, so right now, we are either in year 33 or 34.

2 Likes

Upvoted! Y’all mind if I rais-…

C-Carefully heal your fallen back to life?
Yes…
To life.

2 Likes

Thanks for the note! I usually tend to date the occurence of RP-events and similar in the stories I write about them, which often makes the real passage of time collide with the timeline. This could just as well be the year 34, from our interpretations of the story world.

3 Likes

We’ll be watching you! :hocho:

5 Likes

IT’S JUST FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES!
I promise. :^)

2 Likes

With new lice, and but old boots, the rangers left the marmorean City of Men due the 13th day, embarking for northward trails – ever the twisted road to Lordamere, where roots and war make the path.

The Rangers have now begun their journey, with the guild moving about in the world. A heads’ up for all who would encounter the grey wanderers.

4 Likes

My gut reaction was to object to a lordaeron guild but then I realised it actually really makes sense to have one now and your concept looks cool, good luck with it all!

4 Likes

I see it’s time to unleash the hounds…

5 Likes

Off the road, over fen and mire, the rangers found it in them to brave the Wetlands in further northward trails, by crossing the breath of the Bluegill Marsh on foot, accompanied by new-found friends of the dwarven kingdom. They ventured weathered through the sludge and unsure footing, through the softening of the grounds where the bog crept, all the way up to the foot of the mountains and Ironbeard’s Tomb, then further onto the great bridge of Thandol Span, where they made for themselves a campsite, a fire, and a stew. Night had fallen, and the small hours weighed heavily on the minds of most. Now, they sat at the doorstep of a great war, for the Arathi Highlands, and further blasted fields lay strewn ahead of them, onto Hinterland and Foothill.

The Lordamere Rangers continue their journey to the land of silver pines, seeking danger! They now make their encampment upon the great bridge of Thandol Span.

5 Likes

I approve of this guild . . .

3 Likes

I recently had the pleasure of sharing the road with these rangers, great lot with a nice Grey Company feel to their concept, I heartily approve and hope to see more.

4 Likes

You’ll find us over fen and field where the long grass grows!

4 Likes

The Rangers are currently based within Aerie Peak before continuing their journey onward.

6 Likes

Well, if you ever come close near the Gilneas wall, feel free to drop by Keel harbor and we will offer you our hospitality.

5 Likes

Sorry, for some reason, it posted from one of my unguilded alts.

3 Likes