[A-RP] The Bellringers

Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live.

– King Terenas II

The bells pealed like thunder to welcome the arrival of Prince Arthas, but by the end of that fateful day they would toll no more for Lordaeron. The Order of the Bells was created with the aim of one day hearing those bells ring out again for a cleansed Lordaeron rid of all her enemies.

Founded by Scarlet Crusaders, the Bellringers have publicly renounced the Crusade for its corruption and excess but privately maintain its strict founding ethos. They reject the Argent Dawn for its unacceptable embrace of the savage races and mistrust the fractious Alliance, but hostility towards other factions is tempered by pragmatism and a willingness to work with those with whom they disagree.

The Bellringers are few in number but dedicated and highly experienced foes of the Scourge. They eagerly seek opportunities to test their mettle against undead opponents, willing to forgo any and all reward for the privilege. In matters not concerning undead, they are far more mercenary in their outlook. It is not cheap to equip and supply an effective fighting outfit and so finding funding is a constant consideration for the newly founded order.

Aspirants to the order are required to swear an oath of loyalty but are not permitted to wear order colours until they have passed a dangerous trial. Rumours of esoteric ceremonies and rituals at the higher ranks abound but are flatly denied by the leadership.

• Structure

The Order of the Bells has adopted a classical, chivalric hierarchy to echo the great orders that once defined the nobility of Lordaeron. Every proud Lordaeronian son and daughter must first swear an oath to the Order, after which they will be allowed entry at the level of Aspirant. If they prove keen of mind and true of heart, they will eventually reach the rank of Man-at-arms. This is the standard rank in the Order, where most members will forever remain.

Should a member prove himself particularly honourable, intelligent and worthy, he may eventually recieve the ultimate honour - to be made a Knight of the Order. A truly prestigious position among the Bellringers, fit only for those that have passed the last of the trials and earned the leadership’s complete trust.

The leadership is composed of three characters. There is the Protector and the Chaplain, the standard bearers of the Order, whose zeal and brilliance shall inspire all other men of the Order, and there is the Grand Master; the fiery torch whose power shall one day cleanse Lordaeron of all sickness and evil.

• RP

The Bellringers is a mix of many North-appropriate themes. In essence, we are going for an order of the faithful-type of experience with its associated esoterica and with Lordaeron as our main setting. When we are not out in the wilds, pursuing the order’s goals, we will be stationed mainly in Southshore.

We aim to provide RP on a very regular basis. Whether that is a campaign, a singular event or general RP will vary, but there will be RP going on for most of the time.

At this time we are recruiting humans and dwarves of all classes except warlock. This is because of the religious ethos of the order, and because of their mistrustful nature against other races. Dwarves, however, have through the times proven themselves friends of humanity and will not be discriminated.

If you want to join the guild, contact myself, Alice, Tancred or Jagdhund - or just approach us in character - and we will help you out. See you out there!

6 Likes

Loving the look of this!

1 Like

Honestly a very good concept. While I’m not sure my character would fit in the guild, I still think it’s a grand idea! I hope to see the guild around in Southshore, when I get there, haha

1 Like