[A-RP] The Last Court (Highborne gathering & Community)

Doesn’t mean they can’t return to Stormwind to group up with the rest. Easy, seeing as there’s portals between Stormwind/Boralus/Darkshore. And again, it isn’t only about the mages, it is about the Highborne as a whole who -of course- have a great focus on arcane, but that isn’t the sole target group.

That means having the free will to speak Darnassian.
If you persist on calling me names, simply for voicing some concerns that weren’t even hostile, I will report.

I’m sure people are fine with you using in-game Darnassian, though it isn’t very polite doing so. I’d recommend adding [Darnassian] to your say and going from there. This way people can read OOC but IC you maintain your “patriotic” attitude.

Who asked for your judgement on whether or not you should be convinced. It comes across already that you’re clearly not going to be attending this event, so why should you even care about that.

The location may be an issue, though it is his event and thus he has the creative rights to place and position it where he likes.

[quote=“Leíá-argent-dawn, post:15, topic:46064”]
But is the event holder going to demand that we all speak common because “we must respect the other races.”

Well if there are attendants that happen not to be Highborne, I assume the host will co-ordinate what is best for everyone, or even he’ll go through the details ICly.

The fact that other races are allowed to join does not determine whether or not the meeting is a Highborne one or not. The topics do, if I attend a meeting to which the gathering is paladins - and we all talk about the welfare of chickens, I’d determine that to be a chicken meeting.

Fine, I concede on the points raised and I hope the event goes well.

I might pop round with my Void Elf Rogue (My own Highborne truly has not business in Stormwind) and speak to some Highborne.
I honestly didn’t mean to cause this much offense nor anger.

There’s a difference between concern, and blatant derailment.

I can agree that the focus should be in theory centred around Night Elves and the Highborne, but I can furthermore state that it is not up to you to determine how he runs his events. You can make your own Highborne meetings, if you cannot muster the courage to face how he runs his own events.

Threatening me because you dislike being called out for your blatant aggressive attitude is not going to get you anywhere.

Finally it seems you’ve apologised, so yeah I’ll leave you be.

I have also conceded on the points raised.

Stop being rude to me as none of my points were made with an aggressive tone, from my side.

I don’t think there’s any offence being given, it’s alright to be passionate towards a given subject but it is their creation at the end of the day. You’ve given your idea your input respectively and it’s best to leave it at that, as have I. There wasn’t really any needed aggression from Tibereas behalf.

Personally after reading the given reasoning for the placement, I think it could play an interesting role for those that have chosen/been forced to reside within Stormwind after the happenings in Darkshore. If this is to be a monthly meet up, or something of the sorts.

Are there any plans to variate on zone now and again?

Are there any plans to create events particularly for Highborne, example lets say recovering lost heirlooms from the warzone or perhaps saving any remaining stragglers?

Seeing as magic plays an integral part within the Highborne society, do you perhaps plan to extend out a hand towards those of the Kaldorei community that may want to take up that path?

Seeing as you are placed in Stormwind, perhaps introducing other races towards the Highborne culture could make for nifty interactions!

Putting it into a shorter question, do you plan to put forwards active events big or small within these meet ups further down along the line or will it just essentially be a meet up and talk/discuss gathering?

Regardless, I do have a Highborne being Ercia from her fathers side but she doesn’t currently know that at all. It’s less likely she’ll turn up for the time being until story progresses on that end, unless she’s allowed to step in for the sake of just meeting Highborne.

Good luck with the event and looking forwards to see it further develop as time goes by, hoping it’s successful!

1 Like

I think it could work, but sometimes, sticking to the one location will grab more attention in the initial stages.

The Conclave of Quel’Thalas is a roaring success because of it’s primary and staple location.

Well, this has been something of a roller coaster!

I’ll just clarify on a few points on my approach to this, and what to expect.

• Stormwind is not an ideal place for a gathering of Highborne, but it is a place that is being used to start with because it lines up with where things are ingame for so many of the Kaldorei, Highborne included. My own character is a refugee there, and is struggling to adapt. That, for me, interesting RP considering his background. I did earnestly check out a load of other places, and I held off posting this while I mulled over my options. But I felt it would be just a betrayal of their experience and journey to shrug everything of and bubble them away in Highborne ruin for the sake of vanity, or making it seem more “Highborne” because they stand in amongst the ruins of their past. We’re standing amongst the ruins of our present, and the terrible hand dealt to them by fate. That is worth rping, not glossing over, for me.

• I expect some passers by might be intrigued by what is going on! Some might watch from a distance, some might come over and ask. Its all RP, and it is what would happen within a city as large and busy as Stormwind. I won’t take steps to oocly avoid this, but Meletis will explain to people who come up, and ask they are respectful and let them meet in peace. He knows well he is a guest, and an uncomfortable one, but a guest he is and he will represent his people to the best of his ability.

• This event is for all Highborne, not just those of magical ability.

Yes, at the meeting Meletis will ask the other guests and fellow refugees on ideas for more suitable locations to meet. We’ll be practical, given the war and our individual means.

Yes, this is one of the things I hope to get going. I like the idea of Highborne joining the war effort to deny the Horde their ancient relics of power, or quell ancient spirits ahead of their allies advancing to an area. We’ll explore ideas of how we can be useful to our hosts and allies.

I think this would be great, perhaps done in the form of lectures and workshops offered by the Highborne of The Last Court?

This is one thing I have enjoyed about my RP, is being able to talk about Highborne things with characters who are not themselves Highborne. I think some form of outreach/ history lessons/ story nights could work well.

I think this depends a lot on who attends, and how active they are either as participants or willing co-hosts and organisers of The Last Court from an IC and OOC level. I would love to expand it, for sure, if it is a success!

I am sorry that, for some, the idea of it being held in Stormwind is a barrier to participation. I’ve seen and read about the previous Highborne meetings, and they looked great, especially using Suramar to recreate what Eldre’thalas might have looked like! However a great deal has changed for the Kaldorei and the Highborne, and for me at least I’m starting down this path with those events as the backdrop and working through them, not around them.

7 Likes

That is a good idea, but I wouldn’t rush this idea of changing locations for every meeting. Not at the early stages because sometimes, one location works.

Ideally, the best thing to do is see how the event turns out and consider OOC feedback from that.

I was apart of that event, but I wouldn’t look too deeply into this from an IC perspective as this wasn’t a meeting of events, per say. It was more akin to a Highborne party.

Its great to see initiative towards bringing Highborne role-players together, I’m looking forward to attending. I’ll be certain to inform the Highborne I role-play with of this occasion!

2 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated!

I would like to attend…however I really would also appreciate to possibly reconsider the location for this event.

1 Like

Thank you for creating such an initiative, it’s much appreciated. Aisharel will definitely be in attendance and look I forward to meeting other fellow Highborne roleplayers!

1 Like

Looks left

Looks right

I am totally Kaldorei yes yes, cheese yes?

ITT: C-list highborne RPers being entitled lmao

2 Likes

A fun and much appreciated initiative! Our community is small and any reason for meeting more Highborne characters is a good one.
I sadly won’t be able to attend this time, but I hopefully I will be able to attend a potential follow-up on this!

4 Likes

Sorry, but I’ve been clear and consistent about the background for this meeting, and the reasons for this location.

1 Like

Looks nice! Unless something comes up one of the Winterflows might drop by to see who of the oldies are still alive. Thanks for the initiative. I think Stormwind is fine from IC perspective - can catch the latest news and rumours about the war as well while visiting the Alliance capital.

4 Likes

I would love to attend and offer my full support however due to my RP schedule being both kind of unmovable and tightly packed I will miss this one. I would attend if I could but alas as DM of Dungeons and Dragons game I strive to have as much attendance as possible. Especially since I had 2 weeks of break already and wouldn’t want my dear players to wait.

Maybe I will catch some of you for late night RP.

2 Likes

Its been lovely chatting with the newest members of our community for The Last Court! Following their sound advise I’ve gone ahead and made a discord for our members. If you want to join our discord then head over to our community and we can link you from there, or drop me a message ingame.