[A-RP] The <Lionheart>

27/04/2018 15:29Posted by Toraas
Go away

man who's this loser, never met him....
The Lionheart's first campaign chapter - "Benefactors" - starts on the 18th of May! For any interested, here's a little tease about the mysterious council that plots their demise in the "Return of Kazramath" campaign!

The wind howled fiercely that evening in the Blasted Lands; there was a storm coming soon, of that there was no doubt. A single man draped in a richly embroidered cloak of black and gold wandered through the ruins of what was once Nethergarde Keep of which only one large building stood tall but even there time started to chip away at the damaged foundations that kept it standing. Not long would it remain that way but for now it served its purpose, a meeting held in obscurity.

The darkened halls of the keep were only barely lit by small torches hidden away in crevices as to not arouse any suspicion of it being used. The man navigated through the darkness as if it was his home and soon found himself on the second floor. Only when he approached the door that would lead to the central chamber of the building did darkness give way to the blinding light coming from a magically lit torch. He waved his hand and the torch dimmed until only the embers were left smoldering.

“Ah, you have arrived at last,” a deep voice called out from within. The cloaked man gave no response to the greeting and quietly made his way inside. There was a single table at the very back of the room with eight chairs placed around it yet only six were occupied from what he could see. It was hard to discern who exactly was seated as the only source of light near them came from a candle lit at the heart of the table. He made his move towards one of the empty chairs and seated himself, smiling ever so politely to the others.

There was variety of people gathered around it. His eyes went around to each, carefully inspecting everything. Each person he’d seen before, but they all wore something distinctly different to last time they met. There were the two dwarves, a male dark iron and female bronzebeard, senators who held prestigious positions in the Ironforge Senate. Even now they were bickering amongst each other about senate affairs, giving him no regard as he arrived.

There were the other two humans aside from himself, both male, who each held a respectable position. The marshal and the lord, of which the latter used a cane to nervously tap against the creaking floorboards. The void elf clearly seemed agitated by the constant tapping, her focus shifting as if told by someone to look elsewhere and be on her guard. And lastly the night elf priest who he’d been quite close with for some time now. It was only he who inclined his head respectfully.

He pulled the hood back to reveal his gaunt features that looked especially ghastly and unnatural in the candle’s dim light, the greying hairs did not help his case either. Most noticeably there was a single scar running up on his right cheek, a constant reminder to a battle fought long ago. A wave of his hand was given towards the elderly marshal who stood up from his chair, clearing his throat loud enough so that even the dwarves stopped and looked at him.

“Esteemed council members,” he began. “We have gathered here to discuss a few important topics that must be addressed. First of all, a mandatory update on how affairs go in your respective branches.” He gestured towards the two dwarves, though it was only the dark iron who stood up, his burning gaze going around those gathered before eventually it lingered on the marshal.

“Aye, ever since the unfortunate tragedy that was Stormblade’s demise we have been hard at work bringing more of the senators on our side should we need to confront one of Thunderbraid’s caliber again. Dwarven politics are a fickle thing, you must know, and as much as your pawn tried to help it was all for naught.”

“On the contrary, he made things worse for us. He ought never have been exposed in the first place, marshal. Perhaps discarding him before the Lionheart got a chance to see his daughter would have been the wiser choice.” The female chimed in, scowling at the sour memories the topic.

“We’re not here to bicker about the general, senator.” The marshal reminded her sternly, though it was obvious that a nerve was struck by calling him out. He turned his attention to the lord who stopped the incessant tapping of his cane when all eyes turned on him. The lord inclined his head and placed the cane on the table instead.

“My fellow council members,” he said, his voice trembling. He was holding back a severe stutter he suffered from. “As you have heard-- The operation to retrieve the-- The artifact was not a success. I lost my wife in the process and-- and--” The lord lifted a hand to his shaven jaw, fingers twitching along the skin and then towards his throat. “The orbs are out of our reach. However, we are compiling more evidence to confront the Lionheart should the time arise for it.”

“As if that ever worked out for us, eh? Maybe it’ll be your head they come for next when it inevitably blows up in your face.” The dark iron said with a mirthful chuckle, the other senator seemed to agree with the notion. The night elf shook his head but gave no comment towards it. Instead he sought to change the subject and turned to the marshal.

“On to other matters, marshal, how goes the creation of the new unit? Have you come up with a name yet? I’m afraid the “Sword of Wrynn” is already taken somewhere, if I’m not mistaken.”

“No name as of yet,” the marshal growled in response, it was evident that all these jokes at his expense were anything but well received. “I’m bringing forth the final plans next month, fortunately for us the hostilities between the Horde and the Alliance makes it all the more likely that they will agree. What about the weapon, Twilight Lord?”

The night elf grinned and sent a fleeting glance towards the man with the scarred cheek, then looked back to the marshal. His glowing eyes thinned just a little bit to barely be noticed. “He is still recovering, gaining his strength. It won’t be long now before he will wreak havoc upon our enemies and herald the return of our Masters.”

“Won’t be-- be long?” The stuttering lord called out mockingly, “That is the exact same answer as last meeting and that has been two-- two months now. How do we know you’re not playing us as well?” There was murmuring coming from the two senators who spoke up as well, “Aye! When are we going to see that weapon you’ve recovered from them?”

“Please, be quiet now.” Each council member rose their brow as they gazed at the void elf who kept her eyes trained on the candle that flickered irregularly just as a gentle breeze found its way inside through a crack in the ceiling. “He wouldn’t like us to bicker. Not now. The voices say so.”

“Remind us why we have an elf on the council who cannot even pay attention to half the things we’re saying?” The bronzebeard called out accusingly, finger pointing towards the female elf who scratched her left ear and clearly hadn’t noticed she was the topic of conversation now.

“Through her we will gain new allies from the void elves, senator.” The marshal said, though it was obvious there was more than he would let out. It was the dark iron who picked that up quickly enough, standing on his chair with burning eyes fixated on the marshal. “And what else?! Don’t play us for fools, we’re on the council but we’re still not privy to all information. Spit it out, or are we just as disposable as all your other failures?”

“Sit down, dwarf,” snarled the elderly man in return.

“No, no. I’m not sitting down until you’re telling us everything. We want to be in on this plan of yours before we risk anything further.”

The cane slammed on the table as the stuttering lord spoke up for the marshal. “He told you to-- to sit down, so sit down or swear I will--”

A long, drawn out “Enough!” came from the scarred man but it was the ear piercing screech of the void elf just as he spoke that silenced the heated argument from the council members. She clawed desperately at her ears, so much that her nails scratched open old wounds from times when this had happened before. The candle’s light momentarily turned a purple hue instead of its usual orange glow.

“We are all here for a single goal, are we not?” He asked as soon as the void elf stopped and only erratic sobs came from her. There was something unnatural when he spoke, the shadows that danced behind the council members shifted uncomfortably and sent a chill running up the spine of all but the Twilight Lord who seemed pleased with the turn of events.

“We wait for our Masters to return, we prepare for that. There are obstacles in our way such as the Lionheart that most of you have encountered before. So our task is simple, no?” The man glanced around the silent council members, they did neither nod or shake their head. Each captivated by his haunting speech. “We will wipe them out, and I have a plan to do just that.”
oh no here we go again
Awh hell nawh, I ain't going back!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h7Ff2FibJM
Lovely to see my favourite evil slavemasters back, big thumbs-up to this guild! Jokes aside, they're awesome - check them out or Lotheridan will kill another dozen gnomes.
If you listen closely, you can hear the dead of times past warning us to go away, but here we are. Strong and ready to die.

8/10 not enough corpses for breakfast.
I died twice for this guild.
Women and men; soldiers and outlaws; fools and corpses. All will find their way to them now that the road is clear.
I lost my eyes for this guild.
I didn't lose anything yet.

Guild's still good though.
1 Like

I have some concerns.
what why
I hope you lionhearties have at least 5 free character slots for the restart of the guild

Good luck
Strangley enough I reckon I'll finish all my uni work on exactly the 5th of May at the rate I'm going.

Coincidence?

I think not.
A couple of days ago I thought to myself, "you know, you should get back into RP now that your uni stuff is almost done."

And now I see this.

Expect many halloes in your future!
Good morning, everyone!

Over the past few days we've been swamped with interest and as such recruitment will be closed until further notice. Those who have contacted me prior to today, however, are still able to be recruited!
It always bodes well when you have to close recruitment before the guild has even been relaunched!
With the brutality of Lotheridan's DMing, we'll have recruitment open again in no time.
Despite quitting this guild multiple times I have nothing but praise for Lotheridan and the guild as a whole. Happy to see the guild is still going in some form, but knowing how Lotheridan ran things when I was about I am not surprised.

10/10 would recommend