[A-RP] The <Lionheart>

You seem like fun folk.
https://i.gyazo.com/f954ea331cfa259d3c8814f38ae5a2c5.png

Having to go against Tallat's desires is truly the hardest point of my roleplaying career.
"Just because is war does not mean peoples must die!"
- Tallat's understanding of the last month of his life summed up in one sentence
how morally grey is the Lionheart
"I am not moralness grey! I am blue!"
- Tallat
The only color we are is trash.

Yes. It's a color now.
I was interested in this guild until I saw all your own comments and replies to this thread. Although it's nice with a bit of fun, you clearly come off as a tightly knit-group with a very internalized sense of humour; that is rather off-putting for new members.

There's also little to be found of actual replies to people with answers, which shows a lack of maturity, to be honest, when trolling and making jokes is more important than answering those with questions regarding your guild.

Having the first reply to this thread be a trolling comment might seem very fun (if you're 5), but it was the first sign that this guild doesn't seem to be for anyone above the age of 15.

A shame, really, because the guild's idea and concept itself looked very promising.
02/08/2018 04:32Posted by Okimoto
Although it's nice with a bit of fun, you clearly come off as a tightly knit-group with a very internalized sense of humour; that is rather off-putting for new members.

Hello, former IC member of LH and member of the community here.

Regarding humour, the in-jokes often are either very recent events, the GM and officer team, or a few specific members of the community. The existance of this internalized sense of humour is (in my opinion) a greencheck to a well-structured and healthy community.

There's also little to be found of actual replies to people with answers, which shows a lack of maturity, to be honest, when trolling and making jokes is more important than answering those with questions regarding your guild.

So I've dragged myself through 9 pages of this thread, and there are very little questions to answer too. I guess the majority of the people understand the general way of how this guild works in-game with the two posts dedicated to it. If you have any specific questions, I am sure the GM and officers are open to answering them, as they do in-game.

Having the first reply to this thread be a trolling comment might seem very fun (if you're 5), but it was the first sign that this guild doesn't seem to be for anyone above the age of 15.

We prefer to keep a healthy and humour-based enviroment, each of us has individual problems regarding our irl situations, but we choose to leave them behind on the logging screen to just relax and have a fun time online.

A shame, really, because the guild's idea and concept itself looked very promising.

And it still is! You are more than welcome to join once the guild opens and enjoy this chillax enviroment with us!
I was interested in this guild until I saw all your own comments and replies to this thread. Although it's nice with a bit of fun, you clearly come off as a tightly knit-group with a very internalized sense of humour; that is rather off-putting for new members.

(Keep in mind that I only speak for myself here, as I'm not in any officership position to say that I can speak for the entirety of the guild)

We like to joke around in our discord and sometimes the forums, but I wouldn't say that we're intentionally trying to put-off potential new members from the guild, we're always very friendly and welcoming to new people who join us and we try our best to make sure they feel welcome. I've been in the Lionheart for a long time now (since the Lionheart Vanguard days) and rarely have I had any concerns due to the atmosphere and attitude of people. If there's ever any problems, they're usually solved quickly and easily without any hostility.

Regarding the questions, I admit that sometimes the responses here aren't the most sensible in my eyes. I'll admit it can seem a bit off-putting, but they're just us in the guild keeping a good sense of humour about things. If anyone wants a quick and serious reply to some questions about the guild, I'm sure any of us will be more than happy to ask your questions if you send us a whisper in game, myself included.

Beyond that, all I'd say is that I personally wouldn't completely judge our guild from the responses on this thread. We like to have a comedic atmosphere in our community, but we're all capable of being welcoming, serious and respectful, especially when it comes to our roleplay in-game and the Guild's concepts and ideas. We all know when to draw the line when it's time to talk serious, and none of us intentionally want to make people feel uncomfortable and put-off with our comedic comments here.
To be fair, there is literally a waiting list for people to join this guild and one of the most frequant complaints I heard when I was an officer was "The guild is too big, we have too many characters" So if anything we could do with more off putting new members.

Stop being so good.
I've had fun RPing with these folks when the chance has arisen. They like a laugh but I'm not sure there's a problem with that. Some guilds are quiet, some guilds are loud and most are in between. Find one that fits you.
you clearly come off as a tightly knit-group with a very internalized sense of humour; that is rather off-putting for new members.
I don't want to seem like I'm piling onto you Okimoto, but I do want to give my perspective as a pretty new addition to Lionheart. I joined the guild and the community this May. Though I had a brief stay in the Vanguard last year, I had to leave to focus on university stuff. So I've been around properly for about three months.

Joining a guild always gives me a bit of anxiety, since it comes with meeting so many new people, but I had absolutely nothing to be afraid of with the Lionheart. This is an incredibly welcoming guild, perhaps doubly so to me because of the nature of my character, but even with that in mind I've never got the impression that anyone is less valuable or less included than a more established member. Particularly, never in my time as a roleplayer have I seen a leadership team who are so approachable - there are no ego issues here and no cliques.

It's not as if the posts here are harnessing years-old in-jokes that only a select few would get. The exchange above, which stems from Tallat and Montero's interaction on the battlefield a few days ago, is focused on the personality of my character - and I joined more recently than almost anyone else! So I would struggle to describe our humour as "internalised" when a new member like me has such an easy time integrating into it.

Also, I really don't think this is fair. Our RP is usually serious and often quite grim, but that doesn't mean we have to behave that way here. To suggest that funny posts on the forum somehow devalue the absolutely incredible work that Lotheridan and the officer team puts into this guild is very silly in my opinion.
I still like the concept as a good fit but mnyeeeeh waiting list? A goofy chat is better than a quiet one.
Also, I really don't think this is fair. Our RP is usually serious and often quite grim, but that doesn't mean we have to behave that way here.

Anyone who has spent more than five minutes near Mahodail knows that he is 100000% serious every waking moment. And that's not even an exaggeration. Me or anyone else acting like goofballs in the thread should not be an indication on how we are IC at all.
These guys are great, even took a screenshot of an event with them

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/213393
They have the illustrious Thunderbraid. What else does a guild need to convince players of joining?
From the interactions I have had the absolute pleasure of sharing with the Lionheart's members during the current server campaign, I can effortlessly conclude that they are a fantastic bunch!

Very engaging, well-written, and perfect rival (or friend if you’re on blue-side) material!

I am looking forward to seeing a whole lot more of you all in Battle for Azeroth!
04/08/2018 00:01Posted by Leyloriel
(or friend if you’re on blue-side)

Blue side not required for friendship. Love you forever.

In your attempt to point out a flaw you ended up sounding spiteful.
I'm not even IN the guild and most of them insult me in a daily basis just as much as I do to them. It's healthy, it's fun, active and quite frankly when push comes to shove their rp has been beyond enjoyable.
And when I say this I am speaking generically in regards to most members and not even just about one or two of the guild members.

I had never interacted with them previous to drums of war and I am sorely disappointed that it didn't happen sooner.
03/08/2018 13:07Posted by Dorlan
They have the illustrious Thunderbraid. What else does a guild need to convince players of joining?

well why thank you