[A-RP] The Oaken Grove - Thornspeaker RP 🌳

I look forward to seeing our Thornspeakers take their talents out into the wider world. Might be interesting to get together, with the Marine’s knowledge of that wider world.

It might be interesting RP indeed to have delegations of Thornspeakers shipping out with Marine’s to distant lands as part of some broad obligation by them to support their people and try to reach out to other Druids and the Circle

Looking forward to the race release so we can really get things underway

1 Like

This is sounding like a lovely idea, I hope it all goes well for you. Would love to have some interaction with you guys at some point! Best of luck to you with the guild.

1 Like

Thanks, Tsnowdon! We’re looking forward to really getting underway and starting to branch out. :partying_face:

I’m still on the search for someone who might be interesting in playing the character of “Thorn”, details of which are above. Now I just really, really, really want the race to come out. So many long months…

1 Like

We’ll be joining the Festival of the Tides on the 3rd of March, making one of the first times we branch out (:sunglasses:) into the wider Kul Tiran Community. Looking forward to meeting folks!

Looking forward to the release tomorrow! Gonna grow some trees and spread the seeds of Vengeance!

You do realize that its coming out on Wednesday?

Hello! The day has finally arrived!

Tonight we’ll be stepping from the shadows of the Forest as The Oaken Grove goes active! If you’re planning on RPing a Thornspeaker then check our concept above, and you will find me online this evening if you’d like to ask questions and get involved!

3 Likes

Just wanted to leave a small foot-note here to the Oaken Grove members as well as prospective Thornspeaker RPers!

There is a Druidic RP Discord that I wish to formally extend an invitation to you lot as well as an up and coming Moot so be on the look out, its about you guys!

2 Likes

Hey,

I’d love to join your Discord if you can drop me a link in-game. When would this moot be? We planed to RP our introduction to the wider druidic world as something more gradual, and less of a footnote at a conference! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Poking this thread because it deserves it! Skogr is one of the top-notch RPers I’ve ever had the honor of RPing with! I do recommend anyone trying to get into Thornspeaker’s or Druid RP to think about joining this here guild! I wish lots of luck and hope to RP together again!

1 Like

Thanks, Pendence! It was really nice happening across you and your guild as you recovered from your event. Glad you enjoyed the RP and that I could introduce Oak a little!

Little shout out to your guild from me as well. For us it was the perfect ending of our night. Recovering from an event and getting proper treatment from a druid that knows his game. Can’t wait to continue our story now, cause we have some things to build on made possible by “Oak”.
Thanks and hope to see you lot in the future again, as we will probably come back there for more events!

1 Like

Kaylí stood at the foot of the mountain, arching her head back to look at the peak. The young huntress gripped at her loyal companion’s fur, “…What do you think, boy?”

Aáro let out a gentle whimper as the mist from the mountain seemed to descend upon them. “I know, boy. I know. But… we have to try. They might have the answers we need.” She knelt down, nuzzling Aáro’s nose with hers before letting out a loud whistle, the Wolfhawk bursting into a sprint up the mountain.

Kaylí pulled her hood over her head, wrapping her arms tightly around her body as she slowly began the climb up the snow covered path.

((Looking to get some cross-guild RP going with you guys if you’re around later :smiley: got a bit of a storyline we’re working on and would love to involve you all!))

3 Likes

From the branches of a distant Oak an assembly of the Oaken Grove’s Thornspeakers watched the ascent of the stranger. Their vision given range by their respective trees, each Thornspeaker contributed to the description of her progress.

“Turn her back.” uttered Oak.

Pine, Willow and Hazel climbed down from the branches of the Great Oak, withdrawing old-gnarled wands of their own fashioning woven together with ancient and sympathetic nature magic. Winds began to pick up, kicking and stirring the fresh snow from the mountain and sending it down like a blizzard.

They watched as the woman became obscured by the snows, and eventually vanished from their collective sight. Even the sights of their tress could scarcely make her out. Hawthorn joined Oak on his branch “She came from Fallhaven way.”

“Then it is to there we shall guide her”.

Oak descended the tree, joining Pine, Willow and Hazel on the ground. Their spell was done and each returned to their perch on the Great Oak.

Oak stood before his namesake, and bowed with reverence. He approached and rested a large hand on top of runic circle in the shape of an Acorn. From the Great Oak did a blue, kindly, will-o’-the-wisp appear; a forest spirit and friend to the grove.

“Guide her home, to Fallhaven.” Oak asked of it.

From the depths of the artificial blizzard did blue flames softly glow from around the Oak trees of the Wood, each a stepping stone to guide the woman back to the village. It would not be long before she was home, and warm, in Fallhaven.

This was not the first attempt made by strangers to approach their grove’s heartwood in recent days. Oak took his travelling staff, and settled on finding out why.

4 Likes

Awesomely interesting and fun RP with Oak - hopefully setting up both guilds for a lot of future interaction and events :smiley:

This is what roleplay is all about! Creativity and imagination combining!

Be sure to check these out if you’re passing by :D!

3 Likes

The Havenguard had the pleasure of RPing with Skogr and my oh my what an awesome experience it was! Especially on short notice, Skogr is a true gent and exemplifies a great Druid RPer and is THE one to see if one looks to get into Thornspeaker role play. Here is to the start of a healthy and fruitful relationship!

Winds Howling…

3 Likes

Kaylí held her hand on the oak tree designated by Oak - the Speaker. She pushed her palm gently against the runes, feeling the soft vibration as the winds rustled the leaves above - as if the tree became alive.

“Speaker, hear my call. I seek answers to questions I don’t have…” she whispered, quietly sighing. “…The white stag continues to appear in my dreams - it speaks but I cannot understand. It guides but I cannot follow. I… I know the steps I must take but can’t find the path.” She slowly removed her hand - the wind’s instantly dying down, calming the tree.

As she walked away, she once again looked to the peak of the mountain in the far off distance. She let out another quiet sigh, heading into the Swine’s Larder.

((Gimmie dat RP tomorrow Oak!))

2 Likes

As the Leaves of The Oaken Grove took to the night to study the stars and divine what tomorrow might hold a kindly Will-'O-the-Wisp floated through the treeline of the grove towards Oak. The soft blue flame flickered against the wind, bobbing and gliding with the currents. The First Speaker bowed in deep reverence to the spirit, and listened to the message it bore from the Fallhaven Oak tree.

Oak settled on visiting the village the next day, for tonight he and his fellow Thornspeakers had their own riddles to solve write among the stars.

2 Likes