[A-RP] The Rams Garde

This I can agree with. Every guild makes mistakes and changes through the duration of its time. :3 No guild is flawless. And every guild adapts according to the feedback it is given. Adapting does not mean changing your core concept, it just opens you up to more endeavors!

Naturally, Kalious has the charisma of a diplomat. xD Something I utterly lack.

@Hârold I am also more than happy to offer advice, both IC and OOC, or more so constructive suggestions that you are free to consider, or not. The decisions always remains up to you. <3

4 Likes

I would love feedback, but first and foremost questions so I can clear up fragments as I atm don’t have time to bring everything xD

3 Likes

I understand man, truly I do. But using these forums is to give the reader an opportunity to read the vast history and expectations/requirement of the aforementioned guild in question. I know that’d you would prefer IC interactions first, but people, especially in Argent Dawn want to know what they’re getting in to before any form of IC occurrences take place. Thus they want more of that juicy information! All you’ve gotta do is work off of your foundation and build from it! I’ll be keeping my interest and eyes on this guild for the foreseeable future my friend!

3 Likes

Kalious that was unironically based and redpilled from you, so respect points to you.

3 Likes

Knowing that places like Moonguard US exist and seeing someone advocating of doing the same thing to Argent Dawn makes me extremely uncomfortable, which is why I will continue to be very critical to this concept on the sole purpose that you are creating your own geography and grafting it onto WoW as if you had a place in the writers’ monday meetings. There are a lot of already existing lands a lord can hail from, or his retinue, or anything. It comes off more as being creatively bankrupt if you look at the entirety of Azeroth and say “no” when you’re trying to create a concept that exists in Azeroth.

As for more general feedback, I find it disconcerting that you and others seem to brush a lot of people who post here aside as trolls because they don’t like the concept, or on the basis “it’s just a game bro”, which is frankly incredibly immature.

5 Likes

Every RP guild does in some way or form create their own “Lore”, or headcanon as it is known, to solidify their place in the WoW universe. Every single RP guild is a break from the known lore, some more than others, but it is unavoidable. I do not think one should give Harold such a harsh time for “Creating” his own little set of islands, even though I myself would be more happy to see him claiming to own land in an actually known area, rather than make up an entire area. But that is purely a question of taste, I suspect.

Many nobles claim to own land in Elwynn, or Redridge, for example. And while none of that is supported in lore, I think it is quite alright. Just like there is no lore surrounding my own guild, or any other, truly. Because it is a player-driven canon. That’s what RP is. Personally, I think creating three islands might be a but much, but that is my own preference. I’d rather have set the land in an already existing area, but I can understand why you might choose otherwise.

As far as actual feedback goes, while I think the idea could work, I would suggest trying to polish it a bit more. For example, more than half of the original post is all about the made-up isles, which cannot be visited in-game and RPed on truly. I would have liked to read more about the ranks, how the Rams Garde operates, and just more information in general. You are bounty hunters, but will also fight as an Alliance force in battles at her behest, so will your men (and women) be drilled as soldiers too? Why are elves and gilneans not wanted? Are there any class restrictions?

I believe a lot of focus has been put on the Lord and his backstory / land, which ultimately might not be that crucial to the rest of the members, and the RP, except as an explainer as to where any criminals go whence captured. Will you hunt players? If you capture a player criminal, will you send them off, and they will just have to sit idle on that character forever, or until the sentence on the isle has run their course? Why not cooperate with guilds, like the Twenlth Penal Company ( [A-RP] Twelfth Penal Company - DISBANDED ) and get some nice cross-guild RP that way?

As you can see, there’s a lot of questions, so my feedback is to maybe try and explain the guild a bit more thoroughly, and go deep. Don’t just explain what it is, but also why it is. Why did you make these decisions, et cetera. In any case, I wish you the best of luck moving forward!

5 Likes

I don’t know about that.

The OP comes across as reasonable enough to discern credible criticism from obnoxious meme-posting, which you can hardly deny occurs in this thread if you’ve read through it post by post.

Posters like Matheson offers warranted concerns and feedback relevant to the concept, which in the end won’t be anything but constructive for the guild in question.

I wouldn’t deny either that you sharing your experience is all in well-meaning and if I were in Hârold’s shoes I’d certainly take it into consideration as well, because it’s easy to see where you’re coming from what with Argent Dawns history of conflict between players, particularly regarding matters of headcanon, which, to be honest, is pretty frequently incorporated even in the ‘mainstream’ roleplay to lesser or greater extents.

However as much as players on the forums may disagree with the concept of someone creating their own made up territory on Azeroth it ultimately doesn’t stop the OP from finding their target audience, as it were, and achieve relative success with the concept without having to step on the toes of those who’d rather not acknowledge the particular piece of lore for the guild that conflicts with the pre-established universe.

On the top of my mind, this supposed prison on the ‘Victory Isles’ could be some classified facility that is of little to no public knowledge, and thus highly inconsequential for anyone but the inner circle of the Rams Garde, who on top of that are forbidden to speak of it on the pain of death or some such. This would enable them to enjoy the benefit of still being able to engage with the wider community who may or may not wish to have anything conflicting with the pre-set world, be it for the sake of their immersion or other reasons.

At the end of the day, all of this is just advice and what the OP ultimately decides to do is up to him.

7 Likes

What a cancerous little monkey.

2 Likes

Right, I am back after a little settback, I did PM some of you to answer your questions.

Beautiful, Another coward hiding behind a loller account.

1 Like

So, not bounty hunters then?

Well, Harold got murdered today, so there won’t be more of this. Rip.

I think that might’ve been for the better.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not.

Woops. Gotta watch which roofs I’m pushing those pianos off.

Yup, it did hurt quite alot… Atleast it was a fine tune XD

1 Like

What happened to Harold?

R.I.P Harold. Death by harpischord, just as the fortune teller predicts…

4 Likes

Ate too many fortune cookies. Well he got stabbed by a corrupted SI:7 Agent, afflicted by void magic.

This is the reason you Do not trust void elves with anything

2 Likes

When Silvermoon sends us its people, they’re not sending us their best.

2 Likes