[A-RP] The Rams Garde

The Rams Garde!

As Lord Harold Merenhall sought a change in his life, he decided to bring his isles to the world in a new format. The Rams Garde. A private military bounty hunter organization which mainly focuses on hunting down individuals by contracts and have them apprehended and sent to his prison isles to serve their stay in captivity. The Garde will also aim at adventures with other orders into the battlefield to fight, as the Garde serves the Alliance with Lord Harold Merenhall at their lead.

The concept:
The Rams Garde is a off-branch of the Victory Isles, dealing with mainland matters contributing to the isle. The Rams Garde is lead by Lord Harold Merenhall, Lord of the isles. The Garde is a military styled bounty hunting organization working mainly on chasing down fugitives, criminals or other wanted persons to have them brought to the isles for prison time. Our main work giver is the Alliance officials, so we stay true to the Alliance and the King. We will also take a stance in battles if our force is needed and asked for for the Alliance or personal gain. Those we hunt down will be caught alive unless other is stated, however, we won’t gain much from dead prisoners, so the Garde will be trained well to deal and apprehend criminals without ending their lives.

We accept races like Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Draenei. But all elves and Gilneans are not wanted, as Harold cannot trust any of them.

The story of the isles:
Victory Isles is the isles of Lord Harold Merenhall and his family, however also the lands of one of Azeroth’s most secure prisons, built in the memory of Harolds firstborn daughter, now dead after living her life as a cripple. The prison was made to live in her memory. As enclosed, demanding, and lacking freedom. However this prison does not work on having the criminals locked up behind bars, but rather having them walk mostly free around the isles, to work at the farms, fish at the sea, tend to the Rams at the Rams farm or even serve as guards if they have proven themselves trusted enough for such a task. However, any violence is hardly struck upon, even for the guards, so a keen watchful few are roaming to watch out for any disturbance of the isles. And the system of their stay goes by a contract and their living. As getting food by the days isn’t free, so they either need to work and serve or, they will be sent to the gallows if they are not wanted back to the mainland as free people once more. This is to avoid overflow of inmates as the isles do not grow in size that easily.

There are three isles combined with the lands. The Main isle, which is where the prison is, Lord Merenhalls keep is, Victory’s tomb and chapel lays, and the farms of vegetables, and wheat. This is also the largest of the three isles. South of the main isle is Katerinas Isles, this is the tallest of the three, and at the top to the east is Katerinas Keep, standing on top of a large cliff, and the rest of the isles stands as the Rams farm, where rams are bred and raised, they offer, pelts, food, or mounts for Ironforge. And to the west of the main isle is Andreas Isle, which is the smallest of them all, and is mainly used as a fishing hub or as the main harbor of the isles. Andreas keep lays there as well as Andreas Lighthouse which works as a beacon for the ships at sea for navigation.

The geographical area around the isles makes it impossible to swim to the mainlands due to the open sea at one side and strong currents that would only pull one underwater to drown or out to the open sea, so those who try to escape faces either drowning or starvation, or the dangerous creatures of the sea. And with the coast all around means that cannons will be used against pirates if they seek to attack, or arrow throwers to attack anything who seeks to fly by.

The course of action:
From every Sunday, the weeks will change from recruitment week to event week and back to recruitment week, unless a campaign of sorts is to be done.

If you find yourself interested to partake in this guild, you can contact me IC or send me a whisper for any questions you may have.

2 Likes

So, a vehicle to get people to serve your personal headcanon storyline? You spend literally half of your guild’s life doing solely recruitment (unless there’s a ‘campaign of sorts’) and your entire guild pitch revolves around your story you’ve invented. Nothing about what you can offer new members, nothing about what might feature in or propel their individual stories, and nothing really of any sort that might give the idea that anybody enlisted into this guild will be anything more than a background character for your made-up fantasy epic.

Why would anybody join this?

10 Likes

Just because I haven’t mentioned something, it does not mean that it isn’t the part. The system is always worked on, and the weekly change between the Recruitment and events will also change when there is a stable community and activity. And what does other gain from this would be the ability to work on their chars stories as that is highly requested from myself as this guild does require a fair ammount of diffrent people.

Lord lord lord lord lord lord lord, or, me me me me me me me me - this is what I got from reading this post

4 Likes

Well spotted.

What kind of psychopath builds a prison as a memorial to his disabled daughter dude

this Harold lad sounds right unstable

8 Likes

Well, as a crippled, you’re really lacking freedom, becomming locked innside on several occations, like a prisoner in own body.

So instead of creating safe place for people disabled like her, he creates prison? One way to honor someones memory.

3 Likes

I would very much like to request an ms paint drawn map of the islands.

If I only could draw…

1 Like

Wrong color, chap :wink:

1 Like

that implies you employ similar practices. lemme fix that so you have credibility.

there. no more self destruction

2 Likes

dedicating a guillotine in memory of my beheaded father :frowning:

9 Likes

Yes, my mistake, thank you.

You should talk with Shonn as you two could create prison filled with your deepest fetishes…and duengons.

I want prisoners, not fetishes and kinks, so no thanks.

2 Likes

So half of the month it is expected of you to banner-stand in Stormwind, recruiting, whilst other half you will be doing anything remotely close to adventure-bounty-hunting RP that your guild concept claims to do?

NGL, but that sounds like a waste of time, unless you make it clear of what you intend to do with the people you recruit half of your time

3 Likes

There’s an obvious implication of ‘ramming’, if you ask me.

5 Likes

The recruitment weeks will not -only- be for recruitment sake, but also preparing for the next tasks, do trainings and the such. But I called them recruitment weeks because that I know will happen on them, but as I stated earlier. Even tought I haven’t mentioned it, it does not mean it isn’t a part.

might want to edit and clarify what -will- be happening then. witholding information from potential recruits is not a good recruitment method.

explain clearly your process and you might get a better response.

4 Likes