[A-RP] The Wayfarer Association - Adventure with Friends

In Character

After the end of the Fourth War, and the Scourge’s invasion, the old ‘Wayfarers Bond’ found itself disbanded, leaving a small group of adventurers on their own. Rather than go back to their old lives, these adventurers decided to form a new group: The Wayfarer Association, a slightly more official adventuring group that would actively look for work, rather than only do it on occasion.

While only registered in Ironforge and Stormwind, the newly formed organisation aims to expand outward into the world, build up a reputation, and rake in all the rewards that come from being an established adventuring group. However, it won’t be easy; one doesn’t just show up, claiming to be an adventuring organisation and just pick up lucrative contracts. The Wayfarer Association is only just starting out, only managing to save enough money together for a connection to the mail service. It’ll take a lot of work, and money, to turn a small group of wandering yahoos into a full-fledged adventuring group.

Officially, The Wayfarer Association are Alliance affiliated, but being adventurers, that gives them a degree of flexibility in the contracts they undergo. So long as the contract isn’t with the Horde military, or directly detrimental to The Alliance, a contract could be taken up with anyone!

The current goal of the group is to start doing smaller contracts in the Eastern Kingdoms, within Alliance controlled areas, to build up a reputation and unlock more lucrative contracts, and then expand out into other territories, once they can prove that they’re capable of completing harder tasks.

Out of Character

Guild Premise

The Wayfarer Association is a general purpose adventure guild, with a focus on character progression, but revolving around taking out contracts and progressing the organisation as a whole. Since it’s just just starting out, the progression for the guild will be mainly based around getting registered in areas around the world and building up a reputation so newer, more dangerous contracts can be acquired.

Another big focus for the guild is the bonds between characters. The Wayfarer Association is essentially a group of adventuring buddies that became official, so we’d like to keep that general idea, rather than becoming some sort of military or mercenary group.

Events

Events for The Wayfarer Association are generally going to be standard adventure stuff, though the aim is to be a bit more than just regular combat events. So, maybe one week we’re fighting off kobolds, the next we’re bodyguards posing as wait staff for an officious noble that’s so sure of his importance that he’s insistent that someone’s out to kill him.

In terms of ‘theme’ or how dark events can get, we’d like to keep it at around PG-13, or at least only as dark as Blizzard tends to have Warcraft at. We don’t really want to get into super grim stories as a guild just yet, though for personal stories done for individual characters, things can get grimmer, depending on what’s needed. As a guild, though, we’d like to keep things a little lighthearted if we can.

Due to the ‘early days’ aspect of the guild at present, events aren’t going to be involving super bombastic threats. It doesn’t make a ton of sense for a low level adventuring group to be tackling major issues like that, or at least not yet.

We don’t have a rolling system, and have no intention of making one. We have a rule that if you want to make a personal roll for yourself, that’s fine, but the DM will never ask you for a roll.

In terms of DMs, we have four at the moment, consisting of myself, Ornul, Grunjolf and Falornh, though making events isn’t limited to just those people. Anyone is free to make something, so long as it’s not too dark, and doesn’t require us to make character sheets.

Who we’re looking for

Given the general focus on the bonds between characters, we don’t have many strict rules on the types of character we’d take. However, we would like characters to be a bit sociable, or at least open to becoming more sociable as time progresses. Loner types can be cool, but they’re a bit difficult to talk to, and we really would like our characters to grow closer as we progress.

Recruitment

In Character, The Wayfarer Association has a mailbox, and they are officially ‘registered’ in Stormwind and Ironforge, so a letter will eventually find its way to them.

Out of Character, you can either PM any of the officers (myself, Ornul, Falornh or Grunjolf), or send us a mail, and we’ll have a quick chat about your character, what you’d like to do with them, maybe meet them IC and we’ll see how things go.

16 Likes

A pleasant and friendly lot that always deserve being checked out! If you’re after a guild, I’d give them a look <3

2 Likes

This looks fab! A friend and I are potentially interested :slight_smile:

I’ll be in contact!

1 Like

Always a pleasure to see more adventure guilds!

And hey, if you ever do feel in the mood to take down a “Super bombastic” threat (and dont mind working with a Hordie…), give me a call sometime!

1 Like

We’ll definitely keep that in mind! Thanks! :smiley:

Sure thing! Either PM me in game or send me an ingame mail and we can have a chat!

1 Like

I am very interested in this. Do you accept DHs? I’ll reach out to you in game if that’s ok :slight_smile:

10/10 grumpy Thenell approve

1 Like

We’re not strictly against Demon Hunters as a rule, but there may be some minor discomfort from some characters in the guild. Also, there might be some minor issues around healing and such, since we only really have one character that could possibly heal a demon hunter, and they’re not exactly a pro at it.

But, if they’re sociable and don’t mind the focus being on non-demon stuff for a while, sure!

Excellent!

After taking on a new member, The Wayfarer Association embarked on their first official contract, to root out and kill some giant, rabid, viciously mutated, gnome-eating rats, and their dastardly, quite insane keeper!

While they didn’t quite catch the keeper, they did put down a number of rats, as well as a strange mechanical mole rat machine. Sadly, that wasn’t enough to fulfill the contract!

Returning to Bruuk’s Corner to lick their wounds, the Wayfarers make their plans on what to do next…

2 Likes

Looks interesting! I hope to catch you in-game!

1 Like

Having a great time in the guild, both in and out of character! A really lovely bunch that I would highly recommend.

Sounds interesting. I’m gonna send you a letter in game :slight_smile:

Due to having received a lot of new members in these past few weeks, recruitment is now closed until further notice.

1 Like

Nice concept. Will keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Was nice to meet you guys in Ironforge!

1 Like

It was nice meeting you too!

1 Like

After having settled down and just about to get started with the long-ish term plot for the guild, we’re opening up recruitment again!

We are being a teeny tiny bit selective, though, in the sense that we have a good number of mages in the group already, and aren’t actively looking for more. Variety is the spice of life, after all!

We are just currently getting our story progression starting so for the new people reading this… Now would be the perfect time to shoot us a message if you’re interested in a guild like this :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.