[A-RP] Tideforged Warhawks - Holiday Break!

“Fewer and fewer ships heading out to sea as of late. It’s not safe out on the tides.”
“I’ve heard much the same. Strange tales, whispers over the water, shadows in the depths.”
Tradewind Dockworker: “Ill omens all around. There’s a storm coming, mark my words.”

- A conversation between Tradewind Dockworker and Boralus Citizen

Guild Concept

The guild is a maritime pseudo-military adventuring guild. It has gone through significant conceptual changes since its previous iteration Tideforged Corsairs for instance, they’re now with the Kul Tiran Navy.

Many aspects of the guild remains the ssme; such as we still use the Daring Spirit as our primary means of transportation and staging ground for the various operations and undertakings. There are uniforms but they’re optional and more centered around the humans. Ofcourse we still welcome all alliance races and levels.

The crew mostly consists of NPC’s due to the manpower which is estimatedly required to actually run a Kul Tiran Frigate. However, we do allow our guild members to assume key positions and responsibilities, such as the Galley Chief or Boatswain.

We will be following a long-term narrative which will last throughout the rest of the expansion; explores the aftermath of the Fourth War, the struggles involved in meddling with the affairs of the Old God’s servants and fighting against an resurgent Black Empire. All events won’t be combat-oriented and some will just be atmospheric to set the mood of the situation and struggle of maintaining their sanity in the face of otherworldly terrors.

We don’t have any race restrictions :x: or any uniforms :x: but we strongly encourage nautical themed outfits while sailing.

There will be opportunities to take part in RP-PvP events as in times of conflict, the crew are able to provide (albeit limited) fire support from the ship in areas with coasts and act as irregular troops due to their diverse skill sets. We also wish to provide the means for character growth with side-plots of the member’s own making in collaboration with the Guild Master.

Rules

Our OOC rules are simple and straightforward; use common sense, adhere to lore, know the distinction between a player and their character and generally don’t be a dick.

However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t IC rules. Infact, they’re more elaborate and extensive as they not only give a clear and defined structure for the guild while also serve as a tool to faciliate more RP for the guild (and whomever chooses to interact with us). Afterall, there are bound to be rulebreakers and it could lead to some interesting scenarios.

Code of Conduct

Section I – Principle Directives

Article I.
Principle directives take precedence over all other articles written. The Articles found in this code of Conduct may not be changed without legal counsel.

Article II.
A. Any man or woman who signs a contract of employment are henceforth considered an employée until said contract have been absolved.
B. Employées are to be held individually accountable for their actions in adherence to the Law.

Article III.
It is the civic duty of House Jaggerhawk and all under their employ, to aid the Alliance in all its endeavors.

Article IV.
All quarrels are to be settled in a civilized manner and in accordance with the Law.

Section II – Civil Rights

Article I.
A. Employées aren’t considered property and aren’t behold to the employer by oath. They reserve the right to absolve the contract provided they are not on deployment.
B. The employer reserve the right the right dismiss an employee from service at any given time; provided that the employée has the means of getting back to friendly territory on their own.

Article II.
A. Employées are entitled to a monthly wage, three meals a day and roof above their heads. No rank shall determine the size of the portions. They also have the right of being treated by a Physician.
B. Any employée who loses a limb shall be financially compensated in addition to their monthly wage.

Section III – Employment

Article I.
A. Employées are considered part of a crew and consequently adheres to the chain of command established by the employer.
B. Employées are expected to obey orders given by the superiors in the mentioned chain of command in all respects. Otherwise it’s considered disobedience.
C. Employées reserves the right to express their opinion but are still expected to remain professional.

Article II.
A. Employées are expected to be punctual, responsible and adhere all the rules detailed in our code of conduct.
B. Employées aboard should carry out their duties efficiently to the best of their ability with utmost care for the responsibilities entrusted to them.
C. Employées have a right to be told clearly what their duties are and to who they are responsible for carrying them out.

Article III.
A. Disobedience is considered a moderately severe misconduct which are valid grounds for disciplinary actions.
(Section VI, Article II. B.)
B. While deployed; disobedience will be considered Insubordination at best and mutiny at worst; disciplinary action will vary according to its severity.
(Section VI, Article II. C.)
C. Deployment is wherever the crew operates, such as a warzone be it on land or at sea.

Article VI.
A. Fraternization is heavily discouraged between members of the crew. It is outright prohibited for officers to fraternize with anyone in the crew, regardless of rank.
B. Those who fraternize with another member of the crew is prohibited to retain any rank above Midshipman until that other member resigns from the crew.

Section IV - Deployment and Seafaring

Article I
A. The crew is considered on deployment whenever they’re at sea, assigned to work in a specific area or location, or behind enemy lines.

Article II
A. It is very important, for both the efficient operation of the ship, and to avoid putting extra work on others, to be punctual. It’s expected of any Seafarer to be onboard the designated ship at the appointed time from shore leave or other work.
B. The ship is both a seafarer’s place of work and home. Therefore both personal and shared facilities and accommodation should be used appropriately with utmost consideration of others also using said facilities.

Article III.
A. Disobedience during combat situations will be treated as insubordination.
(Section VI, Article II. C.)
B. To desert the ship or quarters in battle, is considered an act of mutiny and shall be punished accordingly.
(Section VI, Article II. D.).

Article IV
A. Every man or women are responsible to keep their armaments clean and fit for service. Neglecting to maintain the weapons will be considered a less severe misconduct.
(Section VI, Article II. A.)

Section V – Rules of Engagement

Article I.
A. You have the right to use force to defend yourself against attacks or credible threats of attack.
B. Hostile actions may be returned effectively and promptly to stop a hostile act.
C. Whenever attacked by a civilian population, you should use the minimum force necessary under the circumstances and proportional to the threat.
D. Use whatever means deemed necessary to deny assets of tactical and strategic value to any and all enemy forces.
E. In the event that an Alliance of convenience is established with forces normally considered hostile, prepare to eventually be double-crossed and act accordingly.

Article II.
A. It is encouraged to execute any and all hostile forces which do not surrender or is critically wounded in the wake of a battle.
B. Any that declare their surrender verbally are to be treated as per Article III. An act of surrender includes a verbal declaration and the willing relinquishment of all weapons and armour.
C. Enemies which are identified being part of a malevolent force (demons, cultists, undead, etc.) with sinister intentions which goes against the interests of Kul Tiras and the Alliance are to be shown no mercy whatsoever.

Article III.
A. Any enemy that performs an act of surrender as per Article II. under Paragraph B is to be treated fairly.
B. Any wounds that the enemy suffers after surrendering are only to be treated upon request by an Officer.
C. Use the minimum force needed under the circumstances to keep any rowdy prisoners subdued.
D. Under no circumstances shall any prisoner be a subject to perverted acts. The guilty party will be treated with the harshest of penalties.
(Section VI. Article II. Paragraph D.)

Article IV.
A. Whoever speaks the word of “Parlay” shall be taken to the crew’s captain aboard their ship or land for Negotiations.
B. The person who speaks “Parlay” shall not be harmed until the parlay is complete.

Section VI - Disciplinary Actions

Article I.
A. Disciplinary actions (otherwise known as punishments) are used to enforce the Code of Conduct which employees agreed to adhere to when signing their respective contract.
B. Should the individual break any local laws, or break the laws of the Alliance they will be taken care of by the local authorities like any other law breaking civilian.
C. Anything which constitutes an act of mutiny such as but not limited to abandoning your post in combat, instigating a coup to overthrow the ranking officer or even defecting to join the enemy warrants the harshest of penalties.
(Article II. D.)

Article II.
A. Less severe misconducts are punished with but not limited to menial duties such as latrine-scrubbing.
B. Moderately severe misconducts are punished with but not limited to either beasting, a cut in pay, flogging or spending time in the ship’s brig.
C. More severe misconducts are punished with but not limited to spending time in the brig alongside either, a demotion, loss of privileges, flogging or even a dismissal from service.
D. The harshest of penalties are reserved for those guilty of mutiny and they can range from but are not limited to maiming, keelhauling or execution.
(Article I. C.)

Article III.
A. Any punishment of a subordinate delivered without any grounds is considered an unlawful act.
B. Personnel attached to the crew from another arm of the Alliance Military are exempted from some disciplinary actions provided their reasons are valid.

Recruitment

Here’s a step-by-step guide in joining the guild.

1. You make contact with the Guild Master (aka Jaggerhawk) on an IC basis.
  2. You sign an employment contract on an IC basis which must be acknowledged by the Guild Master (aka Jaggerhawk) to be accepted.
  3. Once accepted into the guild; you start out as an Apprentice.

To elaborate, the new approach of a Mentor/Apprentice system is that you undergo a training regime (all IC ofcourse) and pass a number of tests before progressing to the rank of Warhawk (whom in turn will become mentor to the next batch of apprentices.

Employment Contract

This Contract of Employment is made effective by and between you, the individual (henceforth addressed to as the “Employee” or otherwise simply referred as “You” and Baron Adolphus Jaggerhawk, the Lord of Jaggerpoint and Captain of the Daring Spirit on behalf of the Kul Tiran Navy (henceforth addressed to as the “Employer” or otherwise simply referred as “We” or “Us”.

It is a legal agreement where you, the employee acknowledges that you are joining the unit within the Kul Tiran Navy designated “Tideforged Warhawks” aboard the Daring Spirit and may be subjected to hazardous situations and conditions which may lead to severe injury or even death. The Employee may only terminate this contract of employment while not on deployment. However, the employer may terminate the contract at any given time.

You are juridically entitled to a monthly wage with three meals a day, a roof over your head and the free services of a physician. Should you lose a limb while serving with us, then you will be financially compensated according to its severity alongside with your monthly wage.

Your responsibilities while serving with us is dependent but not limited to your skillset and area of expertise. You acknowledge that you shall carry out your duties efficiently and to the best of your ability with utmost care for the responsibilities entrusted to you.

As an employee, you are expected to be punctual, responsible and adhere all the rules detailed in our Code of Conduct. You agree by joining us that in the event of any misconduct done by you that we reserve the right to exercise disciplinary actions depending on the severity of your misconduct. You also acknowledge that we are not responsible for any illicit or otherwise criminal activity committed by you while on deployment or on shore leave.

Lastly, by signing this employment contract. You acknowledge that you have read and agreed to abide by our terms and everything relevant to them and the rules detailed in our code of conduct.

As any other guild around, we are looking for members who share our enthusiasm for RP in the Warcraft setting and doesn’t mind high fantasy concepts. Preferably the character won’t just be an alt which you never log on again.

If your character fits these categories, then they’ll be a good fit.

• Member of the Alliance :white_check_mark:

• Lore Friendly :white_check_mark:

• Doesn’t mind or plan to level to max. :white_check_mark:

• Doesn’t mind wearing Nautical-themed garments :white_check_mark:

• Capable of Character Growth :white_check_mark:

• Not Invincible :white_check_mark:

Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to decline anyone at our own discretion. Therefore characters who fit the following categories will not be considered for recruitment.

• Death Knights :x:

• Demon Hunters :x:

• Teenagers :x:

• Absurdly Over-powered :x:

Each character who joins the guild are given a responsibility aboard the ship which is suited to their area of expertise. This is to better reflect the distinction between player members and the NPC Crew. There’s also the option of just being a Sailor if that’s your cup of tea (or coffee).

Ranks

Captain :sunny:
(Guild Master)
Monthly Wage: N/A
Commanding Officer of the Tideforged Warhawk who handles all administration and makes sure that the crew are paid on time.

1st Lieutenant :sun_behind_small_cloud:
(Second-In-Command)
Monthly Wage: 2 Gold
The Executive Officer who primarily assist the Captain in managing the Tideforged Warhawks and is responsible of the unit whenever the Captain is absent.

2nd Lieutenant :sun_behind_small_cloud:
(Senior Guild Officer)
Monthly Wage: 1 Gold and 80 Silver
Part of the upper echelons which makes up the Chain of Command in the Tideforged Warhawks. Thrir respondibilities are various and equally critical.

Warrant Officers :sun_behind_large_cloud:
(Guild Officer)
Monthly Wage: 1 Gold and 60 Silver
Warrants Officers are essentials links in the chain of command who has given responsibilities aboard the ship which is deemed crucial to its function.

Warhawk :eagle:
Monthly Wage: 1 Gold
Those who successfully pass all the final tests of the training regime and trial period eventually rise to the rank of Warhawk. Where they in turn are in a position to mentor other Apprentices.

Warfeather :dove:
Monthly Wage: 80 Silver
The intermediate rank among the Tideforged for those who aren’t exactly new to their ranks but have yet to complete the training regime.

Fledgling :bird:
Monthly Wage: 60 Silver
The fresh faces of the Tideforged who have yet to complete the training regime.

As a final note, please keep in mind that the revision of the guild is a work in progress and that things are due to change.

13 Likes

Nice to see you back Jaggerhawk! Kai sends his regards :tophat:

No matter what kind of guild you make, I’ll still find a way to kill you.

Good luck with the guild! Hope it turns out the best!

1 Like

Tides damn it, you undead are like cockroaches. Even with the War being over.

Beyond that, thanks a lot!

In other news, today’s training exercise kicked off with most apprentices being late which lead to a set of push ups for every minute they were late. The highlight was when we sparred with the sticks where they not only gave each other a beating but also taught restraint in sparring.

1 Like

You still owe me a boat trip!

1 Like

I guess that I do :frowning_face:

The Story So far

Our journey has so far taken us along the Shoreline of Westfall, following the tracks of a mass migration of Murlocs in the depths of Stranglethorn Jungle where our nameless K’thir nemesis had opened a void rift and used its energies to corrupt the murlocs through erected totems.

Fortunately the corruption within the totems were contained by the resident witch Micaela Dawn while the rift was being siphoned of its energy to the break of closing by the Riftblade Myrminda Starsorrow. However, their nameless nemesis didn’t seem to particularly care if the Tideforged succeeded or not; instead he seem more inclined to toy with them before disappearing.

The Tideforged then spent the next couple of days in Booty Bay until the Captain cross paths with the infamous Black Bart at the Salty Sailor and a fight with the local pirates erupted; heavily outnumbered. The Tideforged Warhawks had no choice but to leave Booty Bay and rendevouz further north before boarding the Daring Spirit. Now they prepare to depart for Kul Tiras to attend an anticipated charity event alongside following up on the Captain’s hunch to narrow down the list on who their nameless K’thir nemesis might have been, and they don’t even have a list to begin with.

2 Likes

I hope the owners didnt mind me blowing it up

Really, I could swear that the tavern is still there. Either way, that’s another reason to not return to Booty Bay; property damage.

Think about it; property damage in a port under the thumb of the Steamwheedle Cartel. Yeah, we are definitively not returning to Booty Bay.

I think that we might need to be mindful whenever in neutral territory as we might get some cartel goons on our heels; seeking to collect compensation for the damages caused.

That’s a RP hook right there!

Well hot damn, has things gone of the rails. The Tideforged Warhawks are now part of the Kul Tiran Navy; they joined the Anchorguard Squadron.

They get summoned and trapped in Ramkahen; all the while the Void caused not only their provisions to deteriorate and expire but all of their booze aswell.

Fortunately, that debacle in Uldum has come to an end and the ale has been avenged. What’s not so fortunate is that the Tideforged Warhawks took quite the beating and their Captain is in a coma!

What next, will the Wildhammer Dwarf sink the ship? Will Gill ever cook a proper meal? Join us and find out!

1 Like

Its a boat

Just attended a campaign where these guys were, it was really cool to rp with you and I wish your guild the absolute best of luck! (also i hope you find your beers)

Thankfully, only the booze which we brought with the wagon was ruined. Not the booze taking up one third of the cargo hold aboard the actual ship. :+1:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that our resident Wildhammer Gar would have helped himself to the reserves aboard the ship considering the poor dwarf had to go days without alcohol during Uldum. >.>

1 Like

What a year, the journey so far has been incredible with plenty of dramatic and lighthearted moments.

The Guild has since the start of December been slowing down before we enter our holidays hiatus. One which literally will keep me away from my PC until Early January.

With patch 8.3.0 launching on the 15th January. The Tideforged Warhawks will be treading on the precipice of insanity while combating the minions of N’zoth.

To all of you, I wish you a “God Jul” as we say it in Sweden which you might better recognize as “Merry Christmas”. I will see you next year! :wave:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.