[A-RP] Whispers from the Void - Limited Time Event (CANCELLED)

I heavily doubt they are good role players if their role play amounts to casually chatting only

3 Likes

Do those still exist?

Well, yes but none are worth any credibility.

My complaint is more towards the OOC whispers / “muh orphans are sleeping” yells, honestly, as well as people chomping at the bit to start emote fighting a character that is preaching more or less fundamental Holy Light beliefs (ie. being nice and healing the sick or whatever)

I don’t mind IC conflict at all and don’t have a complaint towards you guys at all - you weren’t the problem with that scene for me (though I don’t think my character mentioned void elves? May have been someone else)

When I was doing this preaching RP I actually moved district at one point and had people follow me - including the people going crazy in OOC whispers / the people saying “you’ll wake the orphans…! (who were now like 2 miles away)”

Causing a scene - if it is something legitimately IC / is done in good faith - is basically always a good thing. People who want to do quiet roleplay in small groups should probably not hang around the busiest hotspot for roleplay on the server

Yeah I agree that people logging alts to do OOC attacks is an epidemic not exclusive to Stormwind and it is always interesting to see the difference between someone’s squeeky clean forum persona and their private “it’s fine if its someone I don’t like” reality

Exactly - if I can’t be bothered to keep up with fast chat or am not interested in some big happening, I just have my character wander off. What the point of aggressively engaging in something you don’t enjoy I’ll never know

If people want to chat only - that isn’t really my jam but I will never send OOC pms to social RPers saying raughh you must RP something else now now now

8 Likes

Hello. Town Crier here.
I am sorry to hear that this event isn’t taking place. It seems you encountered the people that opposed my town crier roleplay. Many a time people have come up trying to disrupt the roleplay scene in a number of ways and it is always a shame. Of course, because my town crier is ‘focused’ on her job and I don’t give them attention, they only manage to make themselves the fool.

Amusing to watch, really. Grown children temper tantrums.

In regards to you, Karyïn… you say people want to avoid drama. Well, I can safety say that these people are plenty capable of causing it all by themselves with no input by another else.

I mean, a great example is that people were hostile to me because of the anti-void elf messages that were spread.
Then the same people were hostile to me when anti-void elf messages WEREN’T said.
Seems these people only want to be hostile to any roleplay outside their head canon. Just the dozen people smoking their cigarettes, rolling their eyes and acting like some washed out B movie ‘hero’ type, waiting for the day that they can take up their arms again and become the heroic figure that people fawn over.

Perhaps I should return to my crier duties and issue a shout on cigarettes in public areas. After all… ‘Think of the orphans’.

8 Likes

What kind of foul sorcery is that lmao… By Uthers beard, this server is worse then I thought 0.0
And what is it with these OOC attacks even it is a game with pixels, surely they should be butthurt about a lot of other things instead of a Town Crier seeking to create RP…
AD is a strange place.

Please unleash the madness

1 Like

Correction… Stormwind is a strange place.

There seems to be no limit to it recently, some seemingly even send players to “infiltrate” guilds (for whatever strange reason really, maybe to finally get into a fun discord)

Yeah I agree there should never be reason to get upset because your character was styled on IC and you shouldn’t deduce a player’s personality from the way their own character acts but alas . . . here we are =(

2 Likes

But mah Stormwind D: …

I’ve heard about this trend aswell… What are these people even doing with their lives… The first person who’d come bragging towards me of such ventures will be sended to a GM ( even though Blizzard doesn’t intervene in guild related issues) as that is just a foul version of serious harrasement in my opinion.

God this topic is grinding my gears, I should do some yoga to calm myself down.

7 Likes

Ahhh you were fun! It was really great to have the human and draenic differences clash like that.

(should have posted this on Zaahara, my Order of Oranaar Draenei. Oh well!)

2 Likes

Because people watch too many tropes and “muh ego”.

But telling you of a solution to that: it is really easy. Abuse that.

So you have an evil character that 5 people gang up on? Perfect. Give your character an ability to make it so that the more blows your character gets, the stronger your character is or the more people are around him, the more his strenght becomes. Hint to it in your emotes but let them figure it out by themself. If they can’t figure it out, well… Tough luck I suppose.

Another cool thing is to simply summon enemies. If you’re a void cultist, sure, summon little tentacles or whatever. If you can keep the overview of it.

My tauren void knight for example is weaker the less enemies are around him.

One of his “mechanics”, yes as stupid as it sounds, is the same as Hadronox. The more melee strikes you apply to him, the more ooze is put on you. What does the ooze do? Drain your life and give it to my tauren. So the more people try to melee my character, the more ooze leaks on them and the more health he gets. This doesn’t apply when it’s 1v1 or 1v2. This also counts for the ooze that he leaks onto the ground. Figure how to defeat him because I certainly won’t make it as easy as “just hit him lol”. If you can’t figure it out then retreat because my character can pretty much fight on forever until you figure out how to defeat him.

You might tell me that this sounds pretty strong and you are right. But do you know what the other trope is of “heroic hero defeats evil”? It’s “Evil is usually pretty damn powerful”.

And if I notice that a 20 year old archmage is trying to blast my character, then I will roleplay accordingly. Fun for me, not so fun for the guy who expects an easy win.

eyelids start shuttering as she twitches Void… Knight… Must… Crusade…

I forgot to add something important:

yesterday there was a group of 3 fighting one of our cultist guys. As my character and another walked up, the three were like “Ok, so… We can defeat 1, but 3 is… impossible” and then they ran away. The good guys ran away!..

Brings a tear of joy to my eye. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fun fact is, the strong guys you often see in Stormwind, and probably the same crowd that reacted so badly to your whispers, are often the ones who claim to be veterans etc. Yet when I ask them where they were on the battlefield against the Horde ( usually dont see em at rp-pvp) they’re quiet. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

To be devil´s advocate, RP-PvP (especially the big campaigns of AD) isn´t enjoyed by everyone and people shouldn´t be required to take part in those events to RP soldiers or even veterans of the war. In the end, RP is about having fun and if you don´t like some type of RP, why would you take part in it?

6 Likes

While true, they should still be able to say; “i was at X when Y happened”

Most my Horde characters were in the Nazmir push when the battle for Dazar’alor happened, they were fighting the alliance there and then.

2 Likes

They’re literally running around the Cathedral even at night. If there’s anyone waking anything up, it’s them waking everyone else up. xD

Trust me the local dragon/worgen knows better than we do!! Yells around peak RP hours = waking the orphans.

4 Likes

Peak RP hours being around 5-ish (before guild events started if i remember correctly) when the little ratbags would be awake anyway.

I welcome this initiative and others like it that brings a illusion of life to SW. I see now that It was a coincident that it happened shortly after the sermon event by the DotF . But as it turned out it was a good opportunity to display differences in how various light worshipers approach their faith.

A shame that the event was disturbed. After a while I had three OOC /w conversations going on and could no longer follow the text on the screen, started to sending my replies the wrong way etc. I wish people could just ignore what they do not like.

Thanks for providing interesting RP.