A simple gesture to help the world

hey there just a suggestion,
with all thats going on in the world, from people suffering people, lossing jobs, to loved ones being isolated. i think blizzard should play a biiger part in helping support the players by either dropping subscription prices and giving the proceeds to support struglging coubntrys combat this virus
or create a adoption pet or skin or model for other games . and all proceeds go to the treatment and support.

adopt that azeroth spirit
as thrall said… home and family
alot of people are going to be effected and its hard for alot of people to help but blizzard has a window for ppl to help by subscription discount or in game transactions

just a idea

2 Likes

all good ideas me thinks

If they drop subscription prices what proceeds are there to give struggling countries?

Does not compute.

Also, struggling people don’t (or shouldn’t) use in game transactions.

If you’re gonna beg at least think it through.

4 Likes

think it was a suggestion tbh

Oh an how do the people who work for them get paid huh? Can you explain how that works we given money to x y or z and forget the fact a lot of hard working people are in the same boat as the rest of us right now.

OP here is a question are you at home on enforced leave from your job? I suspect you are. I meanwhile have to carry on working and running the risk of being near those with it and catching it in turn as I am a retail worker yes one of those people who fills shelves and sits on a till whilst an number of people with the virus who have symptoms or do not show them are stood over the safe distance so they can get food they need.

The point I am making is this is a company that has to make money it would not get government support in the US as it is not as critical as some of the more bigger employers who have like mine a essential service to run it’s simple if you can not afford the game your going to have to give it a break till things are much more clear on normal life coming back.

To come on here and dictate to a company who’s own people are going through what we all are is both crass insensitive and down right rude of you to do so.

I am by no means someone who defends Blizzard I’ve been vocally critical of them but to expect them to lower “subscription” prices because of this is meaning the very people who make WoW possible will have to take a pay cut in turn that is completely unfair and quite disgusting to even contemplate.

So thanks but no thanks all the same.

3 Likes

Best disguise i’ve ever seen in a begging post.

2 Likes

Reducing the subscription cost would likely be detrimental to running the game; maintenance, support and employee wages get funding from somewhere you know. Taking from those proceeds, with or without a price reduction wouldn’t exactly help the situation either.

The idea of in-game store pets/skins though is something they have done in the past and is a valid suggestion I guess. But then, where exactly would they send that money? Pretty much every country is being affected by this outbreak now and there’s people who need help everywhere.

4 Likes

Good god how many more of these threads are we gonna get…

Would it be nice? Sure why not… is Blizzard in any way obligated or should we realistically expect them to do this? NO, because they’re just a gaming company.

They might make another charity pet like Drae said though.

6 Likes

OP mentioned people losing their jobs, in such financial difficulties, would they then have money to spend on a charity pet?

The majority of people who are facing, or will face, financial trouble in the coming months will prioritise things such as food, utilities, rent/mortgage. I would imagine gaming will be last on the list of priorities, or should I say it would be last on my list.

3 Likes

I rather see Blizzard contribute to local communities as US is likely (as many predict) hit Italy level bad. Lets hope it does not, but …

It is nice to get ‘stuff’ for free, but they should instead focus on using their corporate powers on local level - in real human level to help their own workers,or districts where those people are from.

I.e. one of the richest companies in my country reduced salary of all workers - so they can keep them all, and bosses cut highest their own salaries to show example. They also have started free food transport for elderly people. That’s none to do with their actual field, but they have taken notice of their wealth and capacity to help people, as well try to make it so they can keep all their workers. Currently one of few companies here who has said they do all to not lay off a single employee. Pay cuts are huge though and are said to be temporary.

I hope big companies like Blizzard or Coca cola and other corps - would act more like the company here is.

4 Likes

Its awful business practice to reduce the prices in a time like this, with everyone losing money.

I think the boost they gave is a good enough gesture.

2 Likes

If you want to contribute open your wallet and donate to a charity. You doing all the caring while someone else (anyone really so long as it’s not you) does the giving is a pile of crap.

2 Likes

Good idea. I think Bobby can afford it :wink:

Having some salary is better than no salary at all, this is one of the best things I have seen so far, a company who is prioritising the employees and the community :slight_smile:

Thank you, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t that be paid for with balance? So via gold?

not in retail you cant xD

Also i think its quite uncalled for your post to get flagged

3 Likes

I agree.

10 chars

2 Likes

It got flagged in 4 minutes after I posted it, someone abusing alts and mass-reporting probably.

4 Likes

You can appeal it… or once they look it over it will be unflagged. Happened to me not so long ago.

Someone really has it in for me here… I should have had T3 back several times over by now.

1 Like