A simple question

Hi, wanted to ask where is Khadgar since we are in peace?
It blows my mind where is Khadgar or even Medivh! Are they still alive somewhere? At least one quest npc please xD

So Khadgar departed to Karazhan after The Horde and The Alliance began fighting each other over Azerite. He wanted no part in that war after he had just fought side by side with both factions against The Burning Legion. So he left for Karazhan to study and prepare a possible future threat.

Medivh is kind of the same. We discover him inside Karazhan (the Legion mega dungeon) where he sort of leads Khadgar along the right path and mentors him a bit and gives the pep talk and all that.
And when Khadgar asks if he would help fight The Burning Legion, Medivh says his path leads elsewhere and that he places his trust in Khadgar.

So they’re both a bit missing in action.

Story-wise I suppose the above works well enough. Practically speaking I guess it’s also just to have a different character line-up every once in a while. And we did just go through WoD and Legion with Khadgar as a main character. So he takes a bit of a backseat so other characters can get some time in the spotlight.

I’m sure Blizzard will make use of both Khadgar and Medivh again at some point.

1 Like

Well, the future threat came, no Khadgar to be seen. Two global threats without faction relation that Khadgar skipped on, actually. And things like…

…don’t really help. They mean absolutely nothing by themselves. It just means that the devs haven’t given us reasons for their absence yet, but might (or might not) do so in the future. Saying that it “works well enough” is more than a bit premature, when they have given us nothing more than open placeholders.

Sure, Blizzard certainly wants to modify the character line-up now and again, but to make that work, they should include excuses for why they weren’t present when things got bad. They might still be able to do so, but it’s not wrong to point out that they haven’t done so yet, and really should, if the characters are supposed to feel like believable parts of the world.

3 Likes

Only meta reasons explain Khadgars absence.

His character has been benched in order to push forth other protagonists for the story.
There is really no realistic reason as to why would he stay out of the fight against an Old God, or against the rise of a Death God bent on the unmaking of reality itself.

3 Likes

Even if there was no reason in that sense, there can still be an explanation. Like being trapped in some way. I agree that it’s not likely, but it could in theory be pulled off. If the writers cared.

1 Like

In plots like these, I kinda don’t mind it if some recurring characters don’t really show up. But yeah, something to explain their absence would be nice. Though ‘studying’ works, we’d have to assume the gravity of threat is greater or simply that he and/or Medivh can’t be there at this time.

As Wimbert said. Could just as easily be them trapped under a rock, hoping someone will pass by to free them sometime soon.

Or something. Just something works.

1 Like

Sure thing, but my point is plot twists that Blizzard would make maybe later again won’t be cool enough if you have no idea what’s up for a long time about characters. I’ve mentioned these name because I love arcane mage but there are many missing characters which would come at some point without any info.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.