[A] - Still Whelps recruiting! - RP-PVP (Zandalar Tribe)

Nothing has dragged me back to the video games world as much as the WoW Classic announcement, to the point that, a couple of months ago, I began thinking about creating a nice and performing guild, instead of looking for one.
It’s not something I’m eager to do, but after encountering recurring problems within most of the guilds I’ve joined so far, it’s probably time for me to try a bit harder.

Usually, the most common issues are related to guild management: sometimes rules are too strict or are applied literally, other times they are vague and thus their application is arbitrary (which inevitably leads to preferential treatments — even unintentionally).
So, instead of working on the perfect rules, I’m focusing on the right people.

I’m looking for mature players (age is not important) that don’t take themselves too seriously (it’s still a game) but that don’t fall under the generic label of being social: to be clear, we want to raid. We are about 40 right now: enough for a good start, but more are needed. We didn’t know each other before, but we are friends now.

I want a guild that promotes participation instead of requiring it: no activity points and such.

Attitude to failure is crucial: this is not a group for people who are unable to accept and overcome defeat. Wiping is part of the game — if that makes you angry and induces you to swear, yell, insult, look for a scapegoat, then sorry, this is not for you.

This one is more of a personal wish than a rule: I’d like the guild chat not to resemble a Twitch one. So… no OMEGALULS, :PEPEHANDS: (?), monkaS and so on; am I asking too much?

Coming out: the project was born to be an Italian guild; lately though, I (we, to be fair) decided to open up: diversity is richness. Many of us can speak English quite well, so merging isn’t a problem; we are already speaking full English even though foreign members are still few (sadly). [edit: not few anymore! 50%]
Guild chat will be English and Draconic only, although with some tolerance.
I asked every member about this change and, to my surprise, the response has been overwhelmingly positive: your presence is welcome.

As for the server, I’ve found the best communities within the RP world.
For Classic, we won’t renounce to the thrill of wandering in a contested zone with the fear of being ambushed. For this reason, we will either join a RP-PVP server or, in case Blizzard doesn’t make us happy, the PVP one chosen by the RP-PVP community. I’m already in contact with other guilds to make the right choice together.
By the way: RP server doesn’t mean you are forced to do RP: not at all, you are only obliged to be respectful to rpers and to pick proper names (no Pundeads and Moosicals, probably).

This WoT should have critted you for over 9k (crushing blow); if you survived and you are still willing to join, congratulations, you already passed the admission test.
If you are interested, this is a Discord invitation: discord.gg/QYRNEDF.

Ps: we have the most funny ranks

6 Likes

Looks like we are getting a rppvp server after all: “So, we are going to open initially 8 servers running World of Warcraft Classic. We’ll have PvE, PvP, Roleplaying and PvP Roleplaying, and we’ll have more servers ready in case you fill them up.”

2 Likes

too bad this is alliance side … i would ve joined otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

RPPVP confirmed!

Cow…

RP-PVP confirmed. Clearly, our server of choice will be Zandalar Tribe.
It’s a good name: even though nowadays it reminds us of BfA, the Zandalari – almost as much as the Hydraxian Waterlords – were one of the iconic reputations of Original WoW and, in my opinion, one of the most interesting.

Encouraging the initiative of one of our new members, we started a little RP side-project within the guild; if you’re interested in that, that’s another reason to join.

how do i get involved in this? Sounds good

Besides joining our Discord? Nothing.

It looks like my thread is attracting Druids like a magnet; on the contray, Rogues seem to avoid us.
Dear Rogues, we swear: we are not as good as we look. Please come and steal from us.

We are more than what I planned us to be for the release, but in case someone else wishes to join, here’s another update.
Turns out our actual roster is quite balanced, with 3-5 people per class on average.

We’ll probably raid at evening because that’s by far the most common preference.
Everyone carries his weight: pick your spec but do your homework and bring something that works. Be responsible.

Someone asked what our name means (no, it doesn’t mean Dead Whelps…). Well, it means we are still little, but we can grow. We have the potential.

From one of our last new entries:
I’ve been so torn between server/faction but 30 minutes with you here.
I think I’ve decided.
Im a Whelp I guess :flushed:

I like the sound of this guild. My bow is at your service if you’ll have me :blush:

We got you! Thanks for joining

UPDATE!
As of today (23/8), we probably have enough hunters and priests.
Some more warriors and rogues would be nice

This is my last update before release.

We are 40+ confirmed players and I’m now confident we’ll reach the sweet spot of 60 to 80 before lv 60.

We have the right amount of representation per class, except for warriors: we only have four of them at the moment. So, if you are a dedicated raw plate wearer, this could be a nice opportunity. Although, don’t join just for that.

See you in the queue!

First bump post release.
Sadly, some of us don’t seem to be playing anymore; so, we have some more free space.
Everyone who agrees with the spirit of the thread is very welcome!

Our recruitment is still open!
Come have fun with us if you like what you read

Sounds interesting, but no word on what times guild is operating.

Almost everyone expressed a preference for the evenings. Some are fine with both evenings and afternoons.
“Only” 7 lv 60s right now though, so it’s not like we are farming MC or anything yet

We did Onyxia a couple of times so far: fairly smooth runs. We’ll probably keep going there on sunday evenings.

Next week we start raiding MC: we need new, fresh forces.
The class we need the most is Priest.

Still Whelps, Still Recruiting!

Sorry for the expired link guys, I’ve renewed it.

It’s time for an extensive update!
We are now about 20 active lv 60s and we are raiding weekly with the aid of some puggers (we have a dedicated sub for them on our Discord).
So far, it’s working (first try Onyxias), but it’s a pity to see part of the loot going to players we may never see again, although I’m happy for them.
As for Molten Core, we started it last week and, surprisingly (for me at least) we reached Garr quite easily on day one and, the following, we almost reached Executus.
We are trying again tomorrow.

Raids have been usually at 21.00 server time, or saturday/sunday afternoons — it’s a bit flexible.

We have about ten people on their 50s, so it’s getting better.
We are looking for even more players that share the values of the initial post, and if you are one of the following classes, even better: priest (shadow too), druid, warlock, rogue, hunter.

We probably have too many warriors and paladins, but you may join as well if you wish (just know that gearing will be a little slower for you – it already is).

To join, reading and agreeing on this topic is enough, just whisper Vaelarin, Jizhi, Kole or Silvestris in-game for an invite.

Ps: low levels are fine too, we have plenty of them, taking a slow approach