A streaming error has occurred. (WOW519000322)

Try adding the following line to the /etc/security/limits.conf file: (as root with sudo or su). IMPORTANT - REMOVE THE QUOTATION MARKS

" * hard nofile 1048576 "

Then reboot. Check the setting is correct by doing:

ulimit -Hn

The command should return 1048576. Delete the old wow cache files and run the game.

1 Like

Thanks Elton,

I did so.
Removing the cache folder didn’t work (streaming error again). The recreated cache differed from the one I had from Windows by some 100KB.
Copying the Windows version of the cache worked! The game crashes on exit but at this point, who cares.

Fwiw, I’m on Manjaro, as the limits might be different from distro to distro.

Manjaro Juhraya 18.1.15 here. Fresh install of WoW, experienced this error after installing addons. Turns out the culprit was TradeSkillMaster. It’s probably worth trying to disable all addons when experiencing this error, to see if an addon is the cause.

2 Likes

I’m getting this error all of a sudden on 1 character, while the others work just fine. It started when I entered a portal. Now that character is stuck in a DC loop with Streaming Error.

EDIT: a scan and repair seemed to do the trick in this case.

It’s not even funny anymore for 3 weeks I have it all the time and every patch is getting worse. I can’t play and support still writes down the same thing, it is not the players who are on the side of blizzard. And they still maintain guilty on our part!!

I have noticed that it tends to happen when the client pulls data. For example I can sometimes recreate it when browsing the boss loot from the in game map, when visiting the transmogifyer and so forth.
Today I installed mogit, and I suspect it is causing issues when “pulling” all the availible mogs when I log on to characters. Instantly crashes now instead of once every few days without.

This application has encountered a critical error:
ERROR #123 (0x8510007b) This memory block has been corrupted by an out-of-bounds memory write.
Program:	C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID:	68
ThreadID:	639

Did anybody have any success with Trademasterskill ? Seems that its the reason of the streaming error for me.

Hi Chandrah! Sorry for the late reply, I took a break from WoW but I’m back now for Shadowlands.
I’m happy to report I got TSM working! What you need to do is have the app run in the background, and install TSM+AppHelper. Then, when you load your game, deselect AppHelper from your AddOns. This ensures that AppHelper will not be loaded upon login. When you log in, TSM will notice that AppHelper is installed but not loaded, and then load it itself. No crashes, and it works afterwards. I hope this helps you or anyone playing on Linux stumbling upon this thread!

Please note that you will get streaming errors if you do full AH scans. This happens with Auctionator too so it’s not an isolated TSM issue. I suspect Magnecyl is right - it happens when the clients pull data, but I think it also happens when the client tries to write data.

anyone one from blizzard that cares , streaming error on some characters and not others , tried all you said to do and not fixing the problem , come on now … i have just spent on upgrade to shadowlands the most expensive version i think we deserve better than this … .i am on windows 10 … are you going to write same bs that you dont support this or that ? ??? Come on now !fix this