A suggestion on Improving Prot paladin to 2024

I think Lay on hand should not be a talent and given to paladins. Crusader Aura Devotion aura should be active passive anyway as it was in old wow.

What they should do is make [Light of the Titans] ← In to an absorbsion instead of a heal over time since paladins Prot have to many heals as is. Its better that it does absorbs, make it a thing like Prot warriors Ignore Pain then make it coexsist with [Shield of the Righteous][Word of Glory] .

a small thing like that would fix the constantly having to spam [Blessed Hammer] out of combat also fix the constantly having to stand in consecration which can be very boring. But it should only be an option to make more damage on spender ability’s not a mastery tbh IMO they should make Light of the Titans an mastery that you get more Absorbs from doing damage with Shield of the Righteous and healing with word of glory.

What i think blizzard should do for prot paladins make divine Toll smash enemy’s getting them to knock back in towards you with the [Avenger’s Shield]'s, should’nt be hard to animate Divine Toll pushing enemy’s towards you, Like DH and DK’s death grip and Aura Pull.

Lastly I think they should lower the CD on [Divine Steed] down from 45 to 25 secounds to be on par with charges and Roll’s and blink CDS.

Also I’ve played Protection all i can say outside from CDS and having final stand. They are very not so rewarding to play when you are tanking big pulls and having no gap closers with Divine Toll. Still having to sit line of sight which i think makes paladin Prot fall of to other tanking classes that has knockbacks and gap closers. Our Mastery Feels outdated since we are constantly moving and will move and also i feel like 10% is very under tuned, Considering Warrior’s has 1 mil absorbs + 4 mil absorption on ignore pain i fail to see were a heal with [Word of Glory] for 3mil helps without an soak or absorption. This is also coming from a person who played protection warrior.

1 Like

An ability that I’ve always felt needed some TLC was [blinding Light]. Its fine but a bit meh…

It has a long CD and only disorientates the target, doesnt even stun or silence them.

What id love is for them to make it stronger. At a minimum it needs a shorter CD, but would also be good if it was affected by [Fist of Justice]. Perhaps also make it a baseline ability and instead have talents that modify its functionality. Perhaps a pull in nearby mobs for a tank, an AoE silence or a short AoE stun. Make it far more valuable and useful in a wide range of situations.

1 Like

They should just take divine toll and add that to a knock towards the paladin.