[A] <The Brown Fox> RP Guild and PVE/PVP

The Brown Fox mercenary group is recruiting!

All able and willing adventurers are welcome to contact Master Ranz.

We are looking to recruit paladins, hunters, rogues, mages, warlocks, priests and druids. All races are welcome, experienced and inexperienced adventurers alike!

This is a RP guild first. When you join you are expected to stay in character on all channels. If you have something you need to discuss out of character only use /w. I know that brings many problems to the table, but it`s what I most miss in all the guilds I have visited so far on the server. Thinking of ways to find groups, sell items, buy items, find other adventurers willing to help you in questing in an RP way can give you certain joy in itself. For example instead of tank and dps, you could call yourself a warrior protector, or warrior training in the school of arms. Once again I know this is not for everyone, many players will make fun of you for trying this, many will simply be annoyed by you not doing what everyone else is doing, even though this is an RP server. You do need a certain amount of thick skin for this kind of endeavour.

Do not use emotes, do not talk about real world events. Have a name that works in a fantasy environment, no real world analogies, no famous fictional names like Drizzt, Gandalf, Elminster.

I want to create and environment for those who are disappointed with the level of RP that’s available in most places right now. You do not need to be a hardcore RP`er. Play as you want, do what you want, simply talk as your character would. You do not need to be exceptionally fluent in English to join. When you log in simply forget about the outside world and become your character! I often hear that many RP players are waiting to hit 60 so they can start doing RP events and such. I do not condone that but I also don’t feel like it’s the kind of RP I want to do. You do not need special events twice a week that start to feel like a chore after a while. A simple meeting in the woods, going into a cave to kill goblins together, with RP that can be an event too! Of course when we feel like it we will have those events too.

For me once you start your character, you start your RP journey. Simply interacting with others, doing simple quests, journeying together with an RP flair can be very exciting and enjoyable.

I know most players do not want to play this way, so do not expect the guild to have many members in the beginning. I belive in quality over quantity. Each member will be valued, since you know they are looking for the same type of interactions you are.

If you are an experienced RP`er do not belittle those who aren’t. Never make fun of those who may not know English that well, or have never tried to do RP before. Try to steer them in the right direction while interacting with them, or give them a few pointers through /w. I know many like to use RP addons. I do not feel that should be a requirement, but if you like using those feel free to do so.

I want the heart of the guild to be RP and camaraderie. If you want to rush your way to the top as fast as possible in aoe farming groups this guild will not be for you. Each class will be valued. I want each member to feel that they can always ask for help, no matter what kind of problem they have. I want you as a member to feel that you can always receive help and provide it.

The age requirement for the guild is 20+
There are no level requirements for you characters.

I hope we can meet in the game and have a fantastic adventure together!

4 Likes

How does the in-character chat work? Is it supposed to represent your character being present with all those in guild chat as though they are sat at an Inn?
Also, my character is disqualified for having a name that is taken from another franchise that is a favorite of mine, so that kind of sucks. Any chance you’ll allow that leash some slack?

I don’t see why you couldn’t make a name such as Drizzt work for a character in WoW no matter how much you may associate it with D&D, but that’s just me. Not telling you how to run your guild, I’d just like to join is all.

As far as names go, i would say its mostly for things universally known, maybe those names i chose werent the best of examples. Names like Rambo, Gankerboy, Iownu, NathanDrake, Cloud Strife would most definitely not work. I understand that many names can be always traced back to something. I wont go as far as to deny some obscure game names if they fit overall. If the name you chose is not instantly recognizable and fits fantasy it should be fine.

As far as guild chat goes, simply talk there in character, you dont have to use any specific terms to validate your ability to use it. You can ask for help, talk about wanting to go to a dungeon or any topic inside the world really, simply talk as your character would. I dont want to make RP a chore simply to feel good about having it. It`s supposed to enhance your play time, not make it irritating. You dont have to go out of your way to make it sound sophisticated (of course you can if you want).

1 Like

The guild is still recruiting.

Pretty hardcore if even gchat is supposed to be IC, but interesting concept none the less!

I think members from out guild might contact your people in the future, for co-op RP WPvP events and such, since it’s kinda similar theme :blush:

Good to see more guilds raise with WPvP goals in mind!

Guild has been disbanded due to lack of interest from players.