A way to turn off melee auto attack as a caster

I really need this because its been bothering me a lot lately, i am mostly shadow and my transmog is always the mage tower skin, i never payed attention to it because it was a dagger and not really as big as holy/disc staves.

I’ve been playing discipline a lot and i am also using the staff legion mage tower transmog on it. The way staves function on melee range bothers me a lot because of how fast it goes from sheath to unsheath.

I know this is a very minor thing but it’s really driving me crazy. Is there anyway to stop this ? because i can’t find an answer on the interface or google.

2 Likes

i have the same issue and it’s bothering me very much. in legion it was fine but in bfa it’s not. whenever a spell is cast to an enemy the char automatically enters the melee mode too which is really annoying.

1 Like

its super frustrating, i still got no answer from this. really wish theres a way to disable it for good.

1 Like

Can understand your request here but as of right now, there is no way to disable the animations of the stave ingame. Might be a good idea though to pose a suggestion to the developers to either make this a thing or perhaps take another look at the stave animations to make sure they are up to scratch.

You can make this suggestion directly to the developers by using the ingame suggestion tool. Press the esc key to open your game menu and then press the help button to find this feature. Sadly it’s not possible for them to respond to these but do note that your suggestion is read by them :slight_smile: