[A] Zandalar Tribe - Still Whelps historical thread

My Classic great adventure has come to an end.
Everything changes, and with my departure so did management, ranks and goals, thus I believe it’s time to prepare a new recruitment thread.
Please refrain from bumping this one: it belongs to history.
My best wishes.

Lhevindovelh/Vaelarin, former GM

Hi all, our guild is back to recruiting. Blackwing Lair is out and our numbers proved to be slightly too thin to overcome the task of defeating Nefarian.

Here you can find the original topic, which was locked because I stopped bumping it and that you should probably read before joining: [A] - Still Whelps recruiting! - RP-PVP (Zandalar Tribe)
The philosophy is unchanged. I don’t believe that decent people need elaborate rules in order to manage the distribution of a bunch of pixels labeled with purple names.

To make it more simple, you can probably evaluate how fitting you would be by doing this simple test. Do not join us if:

• in a dungeon, you ever won a great item against another team player, then another item for both of you dropped and you didn’t pass;
  • you think “it’s better than mine” is a wonderful reason to roll regardless of other players’ needs (it doesn’t matter if they are guild members or not: you don’t switch decency on and off);
  • you think higher performance makes you more worthy to receive an item. We don’t have that mindset;
  • you believe ferals and memedins shouldn’t be allowed into raids;
  • you had troubles reading this far and skipped half the lines.

It’s worth specifying that despite the relaxed approach, we are not a “casual/social” guild: we organize different kinds of events, but we also raid.
We have the whole Molten Core on farm and we rarely wipe on any boss anymore.
About raiding, I’ll quote myself from the previous thread (the one I linked): Wiping is part of the game — if that makes you angry and induces you to swear, yell, insult, look for a scapegoat, then sorry, this is not for you.

We don’t have a stable raid schedule as we are experimenting rotations (to allow people living 3-4 hours ahead of the average to go to bed early).

We could probably use 5 more players.
We need another paladin).
We don’t need more warlocks and they are loot starved (I’m not a warlock in classic, no bias).
We have a lot of mages too, but they have been blessed with a lot of loot so far.
We never rejected an application based on the class though.

We also launched a little side project to experience the Horde way of living (on Gandling, we are currently all lv 5, waiting for some more). We’ll form another mini-guild there which will not be led by me.

You can join our Discord server; if you’re interested but hesitant, you can stay there as guest. This is the link: /

I have been with Still Whelps since the launch of Classic and it is a very fun and supportive guild. There has been a little drama but that is all in the past!

As Vael mentions we are looking for a few more raiders to fill out our roster as we continue clearing all existing content and build towards BWL. I would add that we would love more fury warriors for the team.

As mentioned building a fun community is at the core of what this guild is about!

Thank you Maelas, I wonder who you are in game!

Despite being only 30 active raiders at the moment, we are clearing Molten Core without any issue. We recruited some new gamers (low level) who will eventually join us, but there is still some space.
We really need 1-2 more hunters. Another dps warrior would be great too.

Up!
We are progressing through Blackwing Lair (Vaelastrasz fell this week!).
What do we need: melee dps, mostly.
We have a lot of healers (11 healer run the other day!) and plenty of tanks and off-tanks.
But we’re open to everyone really.

1 Like

Playing with Still Whelps is a blast! Last night we downed Broodlord as well with 36 people :slight_smile: Still looking for melee dps to boost our raid team!

3 Likes

One of our dps warriors is having real life personal issues, which means we need a new one even more now!

Nihiliphim, luckily, if whoever interested in the guild is curious to see what happened, we have all your messages still readable in our server.

1 month later update: apparently all the offensive comments towards my (former) guild have been deleted by a moderator. Thanks about that

7 Likes

Nihiliphim forgets to mention that he was the cause of the drama most of the time, and that thats the reason he isnt in the guild anymore.

4 Likes

Hi guys!

I have been in Still Whelps since the beginning of Classic. I was a new player and didn’t know anything about the game. We exist out of new and old players and we try to help each other as much as possible.

I have really grown tight with our guildies. While we are serious about raiding, we also love good humor and to have laughs during raids. We have our own boosted discord server where we just hang out to chat about anything, discuss tactics for our raids, go over loggs or chill in the voicechat together.

Our players come from all over the world, we speak english though.

Why do I like our guild so much? Because we are tight, because we enjoy doing dungeons and raids together (and laugh alot) and we try to make loot fair for everyone. Our lootsystem is based on gearing up together, and not on some DKP-system or lucky rolls. And the hype in the guild is amazing.
For me, it’s a great environment. Serious about progress, yet friendly and fun.

Here’s a 3 minutes video from our last raid: https://www.twitch.tv/vheroa/video/562682452

Vheroa <3

6 Likes

Oxford dictionary: Self respect: ​a feeling of being proud of yourself and that what you do, say, etc. is right and good.
Niphiliphims version of Self respect: If we are going to take pugs to fill the raid i’m not going to join. Removes himself from attendance list, then on on the evening of the raid shows up late, asks if theres a spot available, hears there is not, and leaves the guild.

Created by yours truly

Intentionally creating drama isn’t very mature is it?

Oxford dictionary: Pitiful: not deserving respect
Our guildies, including our raiders can play the builds they want and participate when they want, and if they can’t we try to accomodate schedules for them. We help players with materials, runs, advice, while letting them be what they want to be.

I don’t know who is pitiful here, except you. Then again, this is probably again

So goodbye good luck on your travels, i just wish you would have the self respect to type this with your classic character, so all other guilds can see who you are.

3 Likes

If anyone wants to check out our guild and our raids, all is live streamed to see for yourself! www.twitch.tv/vheroa
I would love to welcome like-minded players, who enjoy playing together and having a laugh during raids (and not get too serious or flame). Basically just be chill :smile:

Since Niphelohir felt like he had to come here and slander us (and also speaks about exposing: https://www.twitch.tv/vheroa/clip/FrigidUgliestGnatCeilingCat?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time) This is him during one of our raids. This is the kind of attitude we are not looking for.

2 Likes

Thanks Vheroa for the positive comment! I particularly liked our MC run from yesterday (5/3/20): it was messy but also the most fun I’ve ever had there.

If you are looking for something shorter and nicely edited, David’s episode about us is coming soon. Here’s the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo3GtUvkkKw&feature=youtu.be

Too bad we are all exposed now, as the previous messages clearly demonstrate what a drama queen I really am **.

1 month later update: apparently all the offensive comments towards my (former) guild have been deleted by a moderator. Thanks about that

3 Likes

Hello Guys,

Interested in a rogue? i am half epic geared 35 year old player who is playing rogue since vanilla <3

Hi! Of course, we always like new bandits.
Join our discord (link is in first message) and get an in-game invite

Up.
Some new players joined but we need more

Bump :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We’re still looking for more people to join our guild!
See you soon hopefully!

Greetings,
Your friendly neigbourhood dwarf

Is it normal to get gkicked from your guild without any conversation at all or atleast a message from an officer?

Hi Fenrir, I have no idea of what you are talking about nor who you are. Like it’s mentioned at the beginning of the thread, I’m no longer in charge of this guild and I’ve surely never removed someone for unknown reasons.

For any matter that belongs to the new leadership, please go in the new recruitment thread (that you could have found much more easily than this one).

This thread was about to be locked for inactivity, so please don’t reply here.

Hey all, casual-ish wow player looking to find his horde home :slight_smile: Currently levelling a shaman and having dun (my second char), any chance of joining? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.