Ability/Loot Lag on EU-servers Despite Normal Latency

Hey Im posting this to possible get an update on this issue or an ETA, or any feedback?

This appeared for me for the first time like 2 weeks ago, but lately I experienced it a little more frequently. It shows up in different zones, and sometimes you mount up but your mount isnt visible, you will have the “mounted Icon” though but on the screen your char is walking… sometimes can be stuck as mounted even if you tried dismount. Sometimes a relog can fix this or if you manually click of the “mount-buff-Icon”.

Another situation this issue can appear is after taking a flightpath and you suddenly arent on a flightpath mount but instead can be “swimming” in air but following the flightpath route and having the proper speed aswell.

Sometimes it appears in the way that you will have a long delay on looting. You can have killed different mobs and you will see what dropped as you do normally and also when looting it appears in the window everyitem that reaches your inventory as normal… but when you check your bags. The items might not be there visually. And after some time they appear, sometimes after a relog some times after just waiting the items will appear in the bags…

Also I have experienced that it can affect quests, lets say you do one or more quests that a NPC hands out. You do them and return the NPC to hand in, it gets registred as normal and rewards are given to you as normal. But the progession wont get loaded, that means you wont reach the next step in a questline in your questlog. And sometimes when this has happened it didnt help to reload UI or relog the char, nor exit and restarting the game.

When this “issue” occurs I Always have had normal latency (for me very low) and most things appears as normal but the gaming experience will be really affected and sometimes this issue basicly blocks you from progression in the game, like if youre levling outdoor during questing and suddenly you wont be able to get next parts like I described above…

I noticed on US support forums that they ackknowledged there is an issue with something “server-related” , that I believed involves something that is described as sharding. Where there has been several official replies and that they forwarded the info they collected from players in the community that was experiencing this to the proper people that possibly can work on a solution.

Im not familiar with the technical details or anything, but I realised I havent seen much info or so on EU forums regarding this issue, Im basicly hoping that is a known issue on EU-servers aswell?, several friends to me that also plays on EU-servers have experienced this issue aswell… and it really affects the gaming experience and when happens sometimes made me just logging off, there is no reason to continue if the game appears broken like this and take out most of the fun from it too…. And constantly doing relogs isnt really that fun, and then just possibly solves it temporarily. I really hoping that if its an issue that is worked on , it wont just be applied to US and Australian servers, if so trust me its an issue on EU-servers aswell….

/Sediz Hellscream EU

Looks like they still use sharding on EU servers

1 Like

Yesterday I experienced exactly the same thing in Silverpine Forest.

I am trying to level a character by doing every available quest in all zones, getting all the loot in every dungeon, etc, etc. However, I had to stop playing for this thing is messing with the quests. When I turn in a quest the ? marker remains on the screen.

Actually it is rather funny when I mount and see my character walking in the air.

1 Like

Heya,

If you are still experiencing this, please go through the steps requested here and post the requested information. Locking this thread here to keep all information in one place.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!