About BM and the recent buff!

Hello all!

I have read your posts here about the BM how was the flat dmg buff and your concerns about the performance of this class. I agree we don’t have a raid buff but on M+ the utility is there, BL, Stuns, Traps (for the incoporeal affix) etc.

I also spend a good amount of time watching BM videos in youtube and guides and all say they bring a good solid ST and Aoe dmg plus utility mostly in M+ (wich is my main focus) i don’t see ppl to agree with how bad is BM as ppl say here.

I’m going to try it soon and my goal is to reach over 2,7k rating as with my main Warlock 2590rio, 441ilvl bis gear i keep getting decline in almost 98% of 20+ and 80% in 19+ keys (i have timed 2 20+) and the main reason that i don’t bring BL or much utility.

Maybe it’s time to see if BM can actually get better than a Warlock in the same gear / rio

Can we all report this thread as trolling ? Which it obviously is.

2 Likes

Low effort troll

2 Likes

If the 5% buff was 20% we’d STILL be not viable due to a lack of utility and defensives, and I think even with a 20% buff we’d still not be at the top lol, it’s that bad.

1 Like

Then what is your definition of viable? Because basically every class in the game has done a +25 key at this point.

It’s as if people look at the very very very top 0.0000001% of keys being done and say something isn’t viable if it isn’t represented there. It’s insane.

Hunter isn’t amazing right now but saying it’s ‘not even viable’ is just absolutely either misusing the word viable, or playing 26+ keys I guess.

1 Like

My comment was referring more to the lack useful utility and defensives than throughput. While the dps is fine for most keys, it’s still 20k + below other specs.

The main reason I feel viability is threatened is that we take more damage and have fewer mitigations, as well as not bringing much unique stuff to the table.

While hunters have done 25+ keys we don’t know the conditions in which those keys were ran, were they guildies who don’t care about comp?

Did the rest of the team have to work harder to accommodate the hunter?
These sorts of things affect viability too.

On utility: In raids I would agree. But in m+ hunter has a bunch of useful things, from binding/intim stun/knockback/bloodlust/soothe/purge/scare beast (can solo incorporeal)/Aoe slow/freezing trap/weakass MD off the top of my head.

On defensives: Hunter has a ton of buttons to press for lethal damage this season. A great example is last boss in VP, where you can probably deal with chain lightning during add better than almost any other class. You can rotate Fortitude/Exhil, Turtle, SoTF, feign if desperate, whereas many other classes can survive one (Astral shift) and then they are asking for externals. This isn’t even factoring in the fact BM has literally ~15% more HP than most other specs.

On damage: BM is probably fine right now. Everybody is comparing themselves to shadow priests but guess what, no class compares well to a shadow priest and a couple of other outlier specs right now. That doesn’t mean BM is too weak, because it competes absolutely fine with the vast majority of specs, it just means some of the outliers at the top should be brought down.

The whole ‘hunters don’t get picked in lfg’ thing just doesn’t make sense. There will ALWAYS be meta specs that get chosen more - that doesn’t mean BM is bad or unviable. If BM got buffed to be meta/super strong, that just means it would be X spec saying they aren’t getting invited now instead of hunters.

this is the issue right here.

Blizzard : Hunter have infinite mobility, lots of utilitaries and many defensive cds, they can not have the dps of a Spriest or a Srogue, that’s just impossible.

Players : Hunter’s utilitaries are gadget and doesn’t make enough of a difference, we have many defensive cds but they are weak and we explode at any damage, we are too low in dps compared to meta specs.

PU : They have 20K less DPS than meta class, no thanks you.

This is exactly like the “meaningful” choice of covenant, there is the Blizzard’s disconnected vision of it and the reality of the players.
Blizzard designed covenants to be a flavor choice that would impact players and players didn’t care and just picked the meta one.

Blizzard Designed hunter with many tools, players don’t give a fork and will only look at damages to pick a spec or class.

Did you see a single affliction warlock this season ? An elemental shaman ? An arms warrior ? And the list is very long.

Blizzard HAS to stop designing their game around their ideal world, we don’t live in it and it makes the game terrible to play for many specs and classes for months, entire season if not entire xpac which is INSANE to even think about.

They have literally never said this, you are completely making this up.

Because guess why? Every single one of those classes has a strong alternative - warlocks are playing demo/destro, shamans are playing enhance/resto, warriors are playing fury. This doens’t mean arms/ele/aff is BAD, it just means players flock to whatever spec is the BEST. This is why ‘third’ specs are represented worse in logs, and worse in m+.

People are sheep, they make their selections based on tier lists posted on websites and youtube videos without thinking for themselves. They could easily run the under-represented specs but only choose the absolute best because they have been led to believe that it’s the only way to play the game and succeed.

1 Like

They dont have 20k less dps then other classes atm if you have that its a you problem.

It always amuses me to hear when someone writes that the Hunter is fine in dps at this moment.
It is so fine, especially in St, that many classes outperform it having a decidedly lower item level.
And all with M+ spec that if it’s decent in Aoe (nothing phenomenal since it pales in front of a Rogue, a Sp, a Lock and a Pally) literally sucks in St.
Is this still the story that defensive CDs are up to it?
They’re outdated, have a ridiculously high cooldown, and fall short.
Anyway this ridiculous 5% buff hasn’t changed things much, especially in the St damage that a mage frost,for example, is enough to stay over 20k more dps at the same item level.

Hi all again raged friends.

Atm i did some keys 10+ 12+my dps is around 120 k on trash (not just the omgpew phase who everyone hit for a sec 300k) and around 100 k on bosses.

I don’t have issues with defensive i think i die 1 times max it’s very easy to avoid things with Hunter.

I will continue my journey and i will update you. I know we are not meta but still we perform good and ppl tend to invite Hunters to their keys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.