About class trees and pathing

These are my design ideas after maining resto shaman for 19 years

Shields

• This has to be separated start point on the tree and maybe just add special
    effects when you are progressing this path, buff the shields by adding points and
    increase dynamics of shaman shields you are having. For example, do i get more mana
    by wearing Water shield, does my Earth Shield increase healing taken by the target or
    damage taken. All shaman shields should be
    baseline for every shaman to use.

Totems CENTRAL HUB FOR TOTEMS

• Totems such as Fire, Water, Air, Earth. My idea is to simplify the game, we don’t have to
    hop around and get talents that do feel a waste, From the Earth you could have Earthen
    Wall: Your Earthen Wall totem is now 10% more effective for example. Earthen Wall
    could have improved visual btw. Air totems could increase multiple things: Wind Rush
    Totem now has it’s cooldown reduced by 15/20/30 seconds. As you move your totems
    with totemic relocation you are now also moved to the location.

Core single target healing spells

• Remove Chain Lightning and Healing Wave from the tree
    completely as it doesn’t make logical sense that there are no path to increase the spell
    or have any special idea why you choose to move along this path, do you increase
    damage, amount of targets of Chain Lightning or do you increase the healing of
    Healing Wave by adding points to ( Deluge ) as we have it currently on the game. Great
    talent btw.

I don’t want to make it super long post as i want to say for the developers that the game
is still an MMORPG and the class design feels that it has lost the meaning of deeper
inspection of spells you are spending points in, however instead you are getting procs
or passives that are there but doesn’t feel exciting, Let the player choose and analyze
the game through different paths that are there to increase the strength of totems,
healing spells or the damage or generating mana.

2 Likes

I got a bunch of suggestions for resto as well.

But here are my favorites:

Change our mastery. Its boring, and frankly, useless. I would just slap ancestral awakening as our mastery. An easy choice IMO.

Cloudburst: Its what gives RShaman depth. Otherwise, were just a run of the mill reactive healer. I would make it baseline. Not only that, but permanent.

In other words, you accumulate X% of the healing and Y% of the damage you do. Every 30s you can discharge that to boost 1 dps spell, or to do an AoE heal split between all players.

Why would I do such a change? Shaman has 2 major limitations. (1) We ONLY have CH as our major AoE heal. (2) we have no way to heal and dps simultaneously.

Bill will never balance out (1) or (2). So the best thing is to combine them into CB “effect” instead of totem. I would put the talent that gives this in the 2nd row of talents. As an “obligatory” choice.

OTHER IDEAS:

Make earth elemental acualy useful.

(A) make it semi-permanent by giving CD reduction with healing spells.
(B) make it give Ancestral Vigor to the whole party as long as its alive.
And (C) bring back the perma earth quake. Replace acid rain by this guy.

Also, make it immortal while its alive, but unable to taunt anything. Its annoying for it to die to 1 random cleave.

2 Likes

I wish they would have kept vesper totem or chain harvest instead of primordial wave. It would be nice to reintegrate either of them as talent spells.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.