About Mechagon

I’m a bit late with mechagnomes unlock requirements but, I’m on my way, and I will unlock them soon.

Since I didn’t really have enough time (and gear) to do Mechagon instance yet, I don’t really know how it is, but I get that mechagnomes’ starting area is in fact mechagon itself. So, I wanted to know how it works: is it empty (without hostiles I mean)? Can you explore the whole instance freely? Has it some RP potential?

Thanks a lot in advance

TL;DR
Is Mechagnomes’ starting area a version of the whole instance without hostiles and fully explorable?

You can do the dungeon in heroic difficulty next week tho

Should be doable by pretty much anyone at this point

Edit : replied too fast. The dungeon will still be too hard to solo for most classes (a tank may be able to solo it with good 8.3 gear tho)

Your best shot is to join the dungeon finder and do it with a party.

For the lore Mechagon is the city and home of the mechagnomes, but the king went mad

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:
But what I was really looking for was if the instance of mechagon you get when you create a new mechagnome is fully explorable or not, and if you can go back there.

Thanks for the info tho!

been kinda curious about this as well, i was in too much of a hurry to start the lvling so i didnt rly explore the zone.
just took the first exit on my right & went to stormwind.

1 Like

You can only explore the upper part off the dungeon/city.

I did see some mechagnome npcs in the lower part off the dungeon but did not find a way to get down, the teleporter did not work.

1 Like

Thanks man!
Can’t wait to explore it calmly and with a grappling hook!

You can run the dungeon on heroric now, and if all you need to do is kill king mechagon then all you need to do is queue for the 2nd half in dungeon finder

2 Likes

if your gonna kill king mechagon through group finder, then you just need to complete “mechagon - workshop” for the quest.
no need to queue for “mechagon - junkyard”.

Back in the PTR their was a teleporter that brought you to a pacified version of the instance, currently it doesn’t work but some people suspect that it’s because you need to be 120 to use it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.