About the inability to post links

Test link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7XPvwRgG8

I can post Youtube videos it seems but thatā€™s about itā€¦ Iā€™m trust level 2ā€¦ Though Iā€™ve made various successful topics that have ranged over 2k+ views so I dunno if that has anything to do with it.

Right back at ya! Oh I guess I can post links again.

1 Like

Lets all just post test to annoy him so he feels left out. Jokes :laughing:

It always works for YouTube, Wowhead and Blizzardā€™s own domains. Possibly more. Theyā€™re ā€œtrustedā€.

https://www.swtor.com/

That however, you canā€™t link :yum:

But this:

Works fine. :smirk:

1 Like

Iam only trust lvl 1 btw again :stuck_out_tongue:

i did say about those 3 things twice already :slight_smile:

Iā€™m on my phone so canā€™t even attempt to post a test link YouTube video lol

Iā€™m too old to figure out this new fangled technology! :rofl:

If you are old then i am at deathā€™s door :disappointed_relieved:

Two days ago I couldnā€™t though. :sweat_smile: Maybe a temporary consequence of my silence, or the fact that I wanted to link three links in one message. Just spit balling right now. Not going to bother trying to understand the whole system.

Nah, Iā€™m just getting stymied by the YouTube app I donā€™t know how to get the links from it anymore :blush:

1 Like

I was once banned for 3days for hurting someones feelings, I think. I was reported for trolling and blizz agreed. Ok. Thats fine. Maybe I did go overboard.

The thing is. I have used blizzards forums since I asked some question about warcraft3 I think? At any rateā€¦ for a long time. Single ban for hurting someoneā€™s feelings when I didnt even think it was trolling at the time I posted it. It wasnt intended as trolling.

Trust level3 that allows me to have all options available requires me to never been banned.

For some slight mistake I will never be able to have all options available. Thats bull excrement. Mistakes of past should get old and be removed eventually.

There are ways around. I dont need to be able to post images or videos, I can write the links. I can use Preformatted text or if that doesnt work, add space in the link. Or something.

Doesnt change the fact that the forum rules are bad.

If your ban was before the forums changed then it doesnā€™t count as everyone got a fresh start with the new forums :slight_smile:

I know what you mean about ā€œhurting someoneā€™s feelingsā€ though. What I got in trouble for was a stupid statement that had I posed in a slightly different way with just 1 word missed out or changed to something else it wouldnā€™t have been bannable and eve the ā€œoffensiveā€ term wasnā€™t that offensive, in fact there was a character in a popular kids tv show called it back in the 80sā€¦ Iā€™ve heard worse said in infant school playgrounds :rofl:

2 Likes

Some person back in the days kept attacking others, int he time we hardly had moderators left. So I just called him out for what he did and what he was. He reported me and I got a 1 week ban, he never got banned and kept going on and on the dungeon/raid forums insulting and trolling everybody for 2 more months. Yeah, bitter? I decided to not use the forum for 3 months, when I saw he was still allowed on. This was the bully bullies victim case where if the victim hits back the victim gets send home or into detention situation. Iā€™m still bitter about it, heck a 2 week ban when somebody asked for a translation. ā€œYou didnā€™t use Englishā€ He asked for a translation! Seriously?! Would have been handy if the mods just closed said thread then.

Edit: Back then I didnā€™t believe in having people banned, I always first made a post directed to them telling them the truth. If you continued with said behaviour mocking, trolling and insulting everybody? Yup then I would have reported you.

In overwatch forums, you needed a minimum read time, minimum posts read, minimum likes received and minimum time visited the forums. And no suspensions.

itā€™s probably the same here. So look forward to weeks of not being able to do it.

Well you need to remember that Blizzardā€™s target audience is 8 year olds, which clearly need to be protected against evil people.

Obviously posting a lot on these forums is going to take care of that.

I actually would love to know what kind of suckers fail so hard at life that they get paid to come up with systems like this.

Btw, as a side note. Anybody else noticing they canā€™t right click anymore on WoWhead since today? Nothing changed on my side so no clue why Iā€™m suddenly not able to.

Oh come on! You really donā€™t think this list is insane? For an official forum where only paying costumers can post anyway? Method doesnā€™t have this long of a requirements list.

Read 20k post?

Not being FLAGed by more than 5 times?

This wording makes me think you donā€™t even need to be baned to never reach the highest Trust level, all it takes is a guy with 4 alts and you are done.

2 Likes

No, itā€™s just dumb, but thatā€™s different. Like, itā€™s incredibly easy to cheese it if you want to. You just have to scroll through a bunch of threads on a daily basis and throw out some random likes and youā€™ll get it after a while.

You can only be flagged or banned if you start posting. So the obvious way to avoid that is to simply not post!

And since thereā€™s only two requirements about posting (reply to 10 different topics and receive 20 likes), then thatā€™s really all you need to worry about fulfilling. Once youā€™ve fulfilled those criteria, the safest way to rank 3 is to not post anymore, because then you donā€™t risk getting into any trouble.

Itā€™s dumb. Insane is a term I would use if the requirements were extremely hard to achieve, but these are actually extremely easy to cheese.

1 Like

Actually Iā€™m not a paying customer but I can post here just fine.

Not sure if intended change or another bug. Iā€™m inclined to think the latter, these forums are quite trash.