About the inability to post links

Is this restriction really necessary?

Since the new forum launched I have made 400 posts without receiving a suspension. Am I still not trusted enough to be able to post a direct link without using some cheap tricks?

This feels like some kind of a child safety lock and I have to say as a grown a** man I don’t really appreciate being treated like this.

The requirements for the highest Trust level are insane. I do not plan to treat this forum like a second job. Does this mean I’m never gonna be able to post links on this forum?

7 Likes

At least you will eventually get the chance lol

1 Like

Yeah, it is pretty patronising.

Don’t worry. I won’t either. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree. I get that you want to limit it to very new users, but there is no rational reason behind locking this option behind so many walls. I’ve been banned in 2010 for a couple of days because I was stupid… which obviously means I cannot post links on the forums that have been moved to a new system in 2018?

If you want to encourage people to follow the rules and behave accordingly, fine, but it won’t help if someone was ever banned and is therefore never qualified for posting links. There are always other ways, such as disabling the option to post links for users who’ve been banned in the past few months. Far more reasonable.

2 Likes

False we all started with a clean slate .

As for links we can do offical wow ,wowhead and youtube i think before trust lvl 3 whilst else is needed really in a wow related forum ?

I think it’s stated in the Forum Guide that you can only reach TL3 if you’ve never been banned, and in-game bans count as well. But if you’re right, and I hope so, we’ll see in a few months, when the first users have reached TL3.

Well i got spammed reported by a person useing all his alts so i will never get trust lvl 3 sad really people can do that .

2 Likes

They’re actually not.

The setup is just weird. Basically, if you post a lot on the forum, then you’re likely to get flagged every now and then. That’s just a consequence of exposure. The more you expose yourself (i.e. write on the forums) the higher the probability of getting flagged.

And if you get flagged too many times, you don’t reach rank 3.

So how do you reach rank 3 safely?

By not really posting on the forum!

These are the requirements:

• Enter 5 Topics
  • Read 30 Posts
  • Spend a Total of 10 Minutes reading Posts
  • Enter 20 Topics
  • Read 100 Posts
  • Spend a Total of 1 Hour reading Posts
  • Visit the Forums for 15 Days (not sequentially)
  • Like a Post
  • Receive a Like
  • Reply to 3 different Topics
  • Visit the Forums on 50% of the last 100 Days
  • Read 500 Topics created in the last 100 Days
  • Read 20,000 Posts created in the last 100 Days
  • Like 30 Posts
  • Receive 20 Likes
  • Reply to 10 different Topics
  • Don’t have more than 5 Spam/Offensive Flags
  • Don’t be suspended in any Blizzard Game or Forum

The safest way to fulfill those is to reply to as few as 10 different topics and create the minimum amount of posts you need to receive 20 likes.
After that, all you have to do is browse the forums on a daily basis and throw some likes out. Don’t post anything! If you post something, then you risk getting flags or outright banned.

So the best, safest strategy to get trust level 3 is to post as little as possible on the forum :smirk:

The people who are active on the forum and post a lot, they’ll never get trust level 3, because they’re inevitably going to get a few flags or a suspension or two. It just happens. We’re humans, not saints.
The only people who are realistically going to get trust level 3 are those who just lurk but never really post. Ironic, isn’t it? :yum:

4 Likes

That’s exactly what happened to me.

1 Like

It is true that everyone got a clean slate with the new forums, simply to make it fair with the new rules. It was announced before the change iirc :slight_smile:

I lost my ability to reach TL3 after the change for a stupid reason but such is life lol.

Edit: Celadina, pretty much the same but I also fell for the bait and snapped back, which is what he wanted so he could report me!

1 Like

Yeeeeeep. Happened to me. I could post links, but then I got hit with a 24 hour silence. Gotta start all over again. I’m just not gonna worry about it. I can always just tell people what to google. If they care enough to check it out that shouldn’t be too much to ask. :sweat_smile:

I wasnt even trolling all i said was i prefered BFA to WoD and said that the current game is doing better and is better but i guess the person and i know who it was didnt like it and used all there alts .

Really silly you can even do that but there you go .

I find that the preformatted text does the job nicely, i.e.:

https://www.jitoisawesome.com/

It feels safer as well, and from a reading perspective it looks more “clean” too.

2 Likes

You had trust level 3 already ? and then lost it ? :open_mouth:

Oh cool, thanks both. Guess I’ll still have a chance.

Still a terrible system. I think it’s supposed to be an incentive to be nice on the forums, but if you’re banned for whatever reason, the whole incentive is simply gone.

This is by far the best way to post links imo. The links stand out, but not too much, and it does the job perfectly. Better than adding spaces in the link.

1 Like

No, pretty sure it was trust level 2.

That should work as well yeah. Thing is, I feel that’s almost like negating the whole idea of having to be trusted to post links. I guess that only shows the weirdness of the system…

Yep, I’ve mentioned it before. The only person who should be suspended is the person abusing the forum mechanics in such a way. It’s dumb that the forum lets you, but it’s even dumber that the blues let you get away with it.

It’s a leak that needs plugging asap.

2 Likes

You can still post links of wowhead,youtube and battlenet links i think .

I tried to post some links to youtube the other day, didn’t work. :confused: But that was in the same thread as the post that got me my 24 hour vacation. Eh, not like I want to link stuff each day. It’s not that big of a deal.

It’s super weird.

Like I initially said, you don’t actually have to show that you respect the Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines to reach Trust level 3 – because none of the requirements have much to do with writing anything! They’re all about reading or browsing or handing out likes.

So if you want trust level 3, the best thing you can do is to keep quiet and just scroll through a bunch of threads every once in a while. Then eventually you’ll get trust level 3.

It’s such a dumb setup.