Access Violation Error on Favorites section of home screen

Hi Team,

I am experiencing the Access violation error on the home screen while logging in. The character screen loads my characters and then auto-triggers the MoP Remix “ad” to create a TimeRunner. In the background it selects one of my “favorite” characters and then crashes with:

Program: H:\WoW\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ff7caef5f81” referenced memory at “0xffffffffffffffff”. The memory could not be “read”.
ProcessID: 16144
ThreadID: 16452

Press OK to terminate the application

Also reviewed https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/8288 but it was of no benefit to me.

To place in context:

• Already updated CPU/Chipset/GPU drivers to latest.
  • It is an AMD/AMD system (AMD R7 5800X / RX6800 by AMD) so the current Intel troubles are not involved here
  • Already cleared addons and settings and even reinstalled already twice
  • Already ran a memtest86 and results came back clean.
  • Before the Pre-patch everything was running just fine; the pre-patch introduced this behaviour.

Oddly enough I can load the “US Starter edition” without a problem. Also if during login I click quick enough to select a non-favorited character the game runs normally. If I then return to the character-selection screen I can hoover-over my favorites but if I click one of them to select the game instantly crashes.

I’ve collected all threads regarding this issue and created a bug report here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.