ACCESS_VIOLATION crash on quest hand-in

Very consistent and replicable crashes on handing in certain quests at the moment.

Tried all the usual subjects (deleting config/WTF folders, making sure drivers were up to date, deactivating addons, running scan and repair etc.) However, the crashes still occur.

Currently in Netherstorm handing in the quest ‘Dimensius the All Devouring.’ And upon clicking to hand in the quest (in the text box, not the character themselves) I get the following error:

Exception:ACCESS_VIOLATION -The instruction at “0x00007ff7302972bf” references memory at “0x000000000000000a”. The memory could not be “read”.
ProcessID:2452
ThreadID:8412

And then it crashes to desktop.

The issue only began 24 hours ago and I have had no issues prior to this.

I am also getting the exact same issue with the same message when trying to turn certain quests in, no issue before today!

1 Like

Happens to me at random times too since a few days on classic sod.

1 Like

I’ve collected all threads regarding this issue and created a bug report here:

1 Like

Oh thank you for doing that. I can’t post on the US servers (as I don’t have characters over there sadly.) That will go a long way to drawing the attention of the devs to how widespread this issue is.

When I posted initially I had no idea the problem was affecting so many people. I suppose I should be relieved that it’s a ‘Blizzard’ issue, and not a ‘your pc memory is failing’ issue.

1 Like

UPDATE: It seems the issue causing the crashes has been patched because I have not encountered a crash recently (including situations that consistently caused crashes prior to this.)

Good work on part of the Devs, because someone must have been dragged into overtime to fix this. Their efforts are appreciated. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.