Account hacked and battle.net email got changed

Hey, woke up this morning and i saw that i got 6 messages from blizzard that my account was locked, i quickly went in to battle net tried to recovery my account true my current email: first thing i got was Account not found.

I made 2 tickets ago around 6 hours ago but havent got respond yet from blizzard support, i understand you are all busy whit current tickets. But i have raid in 8 hours ( CET) reason im making this post on forum is that my account is very old and its underneth my mothers name but email is registrer on brothers email so i am very very worried that blizzard will not belive its my account. I havent been able to get live chat whit game master or anything please blizzard if you see this i would be very happy if you could solve this befor raid starts.

sorry for bad spelling of english.

Well, it sounds more complicated than usual, leaving the account in your mothers name with your brother’s email is going to make this more awkward than usual.

ID will be required to return the account to you, if the account is in your mother’s name then you may want to ask her assistance in this.

Once you do get it all rectified (which you should prepare for the fact you may not be raiding tonight) you should get the account moved to your name (assuming you were underage when the account was created) and most importantly, add an authenticator to your account to prevent this happening again.

Edit: Is it possible your brother has logged in with his email and changed the registered email address on your account, even just to prank you?

No, it wasent anything like that, i look true wowprogress,guild discord and have picture from guild rooster that my hunter is not in game anymore. My battle net got hack and e mail was changed

On your brother’s email account, there should be an email confirming the address has changed, it also includes (if i recall correctly) a link to click should you not have requested that change… did you try that?

i only got 2 messages and none of them were anything of what you mention.

The fact you are able to post here is also weird, if the email was changed, you should not be able to log into the forums. Are you sure you are trying to log into Bnet correctly? (Unless you are posting from a different bnet account?)

im posting from different account

Phew.

All you can do is wait on your ticket or try live chat again. They will however require ID to ensure they are talking to the account holder, that is where you are going to have issues unless your mother is with you and can provide a copy of some official ID.

Let your brother check his email. If he did not receive anything then you will have to wait out the ticket-queue. They can’t help in these cases on the forum (other than pointing to some self-help links or granting some non-personal information).

i just got notice from my brother, his Riot account also got hacked.

So he has to rescue his email account a.s.a.p. first and enable 2-factor-authentication.

the one thing i dont understand, how can they change e mail on btag whitout me getting notice from blizzard that change happenend?

Because email is the official communication channel. Nothing else. That is not yours so you don’t get anything (unless you have linked your phone as 2-factor but it does not sound like it).

i link my phone so i get message but only that my account was locked, then when i tried to recover the account true my phone number it cant find the account

Well it sounds like your brother’s email account has been hacked, they could easily have deleted any emails that came in regarding the changes.

There is little point discussing the how’s and why’s at this point. Get your account recovered, then get it put in your name with your email and ADD AN AUTHENTICATOR (Caps on this intended).

i hope that blizzard will have no problem whit recoverying the account i have alot of order i done on account, like i bought modern warfare 4 days ago.

Hey Emcio

As already mentioned before in this post for any account changes, like the ones you had, you should contact our support so they can see what can be done.
Just contact us through the following link:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services

i already sent ticket its been over 10+ hours now since i posted it. is their way for you to give me number or do live chat whit someone ?

Our live chat feature is open now so you are more than welcome to contact us through here. :slight_smile:

Blizzard as usually you are amazing people are solving problems fast and easy, i freaking luve this game company so mutch. Now i only need to wait for them to fix my account and then i can raid again :slight_smile: