Account Hacked Blizzard wont do anything

I stopped playing for a couple of months due to illness. Came back to log onto wow and noticed all my characters had been deleted. Restored 1 character and logged onto it and all items gold and disappeared. Logged onto the other character and the exact same thing. As for the other characters ive lost them completely had alot more on Burning Legion server and all has gone. Raised a ticket for Blizzard to say.

I have completed the investigation of unauthorised access to your account. Unfortunately, I was unable to verify any losses of gold or items caused by malicious access of your account and will therefore be unable to provide a reimbursement.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is shocking paying customer and are not willing to help

If it’s a couple months ago, there must’ve been logs to prove an account hack.

But since the investigation concluded that the GM has seen no suspicious logins. Meaning that someone logged in from your regular access point, or you yourself gave everything away and then deleted everything. The latter happens very rarely.

Regardless, you could ask for another investigation (a second review) but if that also turns out empty the most a GM can do for you is give your only restored character the barebones gear and gold to enable you roll the first few quests at a hard pace.

Ive gave no one access to my account thats what makes it worse. Ive got no reason to delete my characters at all i enjoy playing wow. I had a disc priest high ilvl and arena rating. I understand what you are saying that it seems like ive have done it but as i say i have no reason to do that

Is it possible, that someone used your computer, which has all your logins saved (I cant recall the last time I actually needed to enter my password for wow)… and perhaps a mischeivous little brother is involved?

Thing is… they check the IP addresses of your logins… if your account was not accessed from a suspicious IP… then the only remaining possibility is more of a possibility… it was done on your computer…

No i dont believe so no one would go onto my pc without asking first. If Blizzard said they could restore all my lost characters i would be happy with that ive got friends that will help me get the gear back. Its more the time it took to level them all and achievements which is the worst thing

They will only restore characters with proof of an account compromise. You can restore your deleted characters yourself, albeit only 1 character every 7 days.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/article/15312

Yeah ive already restored one character logged onto it and all items were gone

Did you tell them specifically that this could have happened up to 2 months ago? If not, open another ticket and ask them to take a look further back. But I would have thought they would have done so already, it can’t hurt to ask.

If the result of that is the same, then as much as you don’t believe someone did it without your knowledge and you didn’t do it yourself… well… it may be that someone did indeed do it deliberately.

Yeah i said in my ticket that i was not online for a couple of months. Ive even got a armour link from my old character https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/burning-legion/bubblébutt/ this was my main its just heart-breaking spending all that time for it just too be gone

I’m really sorry this has happened to you, but I have to agree with Shammoz. If someone had compromised your account, you wouldn’t have been able to log in. They would have changed your password and probably email also added an authenticator; that’s what they do. It sounds as though someone in your house has got into your account and deleted them. They may have thought you would be back sooner.
See what happens with another ticket and maybe ask if the account was accessed from your IP and when it was. They may not be able to answer that because of privacy stuff but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

I was in hospital when i received an email saying someone had logged onto my account so i quickly logged on and changed the password. Luckily i dont have the same passwords for everything. When i came home to log on it was all gone little too late

Hi there, Acarpet.

So we quite understand your frustration, and will do our best to restore any losses, but we are limited in what can be recovered. As this was a number of months ago, there may be limits to what may be done, but I’d recommend reopening your issue for it to be investigated.

Yours,

Arythwinn

1 Like

Hi Arythwinn thank you for your response. Im more then happy about just the characters being restored ive got friends that are happy to help getting them geared

And that, my friend, is why you add security to it.

I am going to be a cynic here, one of two things happened, someone with access to the OPs computer or login information did it or, the OP ragequit months ago then deleted everything and now wants to come back. But if they quit how could anyone sell their stuff without adding gametime?

Most hackers will just remove everything then log onto next character and do the same, it’s not often the delete all the characters.

2 Likes

Don’t expect any help from activision.

Only people who are getting help these days,are famous streamers only.

I wrote ticket 2 monts ago,no one responded me to this day.

When bald youtuber or #soloqueue cying idiot write ticket,they get reply within hours

All tickets gets replies, what players often confuse is that they expect replies on suggestions/bug reports - these do not get a reply and is stated so.

2 Likes