Account hacked, screwed even more by blizzard

Before i start explaining i just want to say thank you to all who bothers reading this post!

A year ago i quit playing wow for the simple reason that i was bored and school started. Now when i was bitten by the wow bug i wanted to play, but trying to log into the game gave me troubles. I found out that i had been hacked, and the problem was solved relatively quick. Blizzard told me that all was in order and every item was given back.

Then came the day when i actually logged on to check out my characters. Every bit of gear and gold was gone, but blizzard had told me that it would all be in my mail. So i went over to check it and what i found pissed me off. In the mail there was i written text stating that because i hadnt been logged on for a year they had no real record of what i had lost. Therefore they decided to gift me 100g and some crappy green gear. Yes, you read that right a mere 100g! Thats what blizzard gives you if you loose your account. All those countless hours you have put into the game, all the gold you have earned. All gone. But now over to the best part.

I sent a complaint to blizzard and they answered quickly. This was my message ā€œIt is laughable that all you gave me back was a mere 100g. I have multiple lvl 110 characters which means that i have earned thousands of gold through questing alone even though gold has been spent on mounts and riding skill etc. Maybe you should do the maths and not just assume that 100 gold is enough. But i guess that you have done it this way so your precious wow token will make you more money. Its actually a disgrace to the gaming community and the people that have put HOURS into the game and that keeps coming back, either for nostaliga or the pleasure of playing it for a while, when they find their accounts hacked and no real good compensation given. Keep in mind that we allready have to pay 12 euro a month to play. You really treat the people of wow with no respect and keep ruining the game. Cant even take mye word for it when i have payed for 2 wow tokens earlier and said that i had at least 100k gold overall. Hope that blizzard can come to some sense and give me and the rest of the people who have been hacked and not played for a year, more gold. Thank you for readingā€ The response i got was not good at all. Firstly i was in a live chat with a gm but he just said that my word wasnt worth anything. Then i sent another message to see if i could get i better answer, but this time it only said that they could not assist at this timeā€¦

I dont know about you guys, but i know that i havent been treated rightfully and blizzard screwed me just as much as the hacker did, and probably many others before me. Thank all of you who reads this post and do leave a comment because i want to know your opinion about this topic. Thank you!

I say they could/should have done better. Iā€™d flip too.

I will also say youā€™re exaggerating hard with the grief so that you earn sympathy and maybe stimulate someone else into bashing which will release some sort of catharsis for yā€™all.

I say this because someone that would care so much as you say you do would log in after being hacked, just to check.

1 Like

I really feel your frustration, but they clearly said that they donā€™t have the data anymore about what items you had and how many gold / character you had.

I do agree that 100g and green items are a bit low but I guess that is what you get when you boost a character to 110 with BfA boost. You should be wealthy and well geared in no time

2 Likes

I do feel your pain :pensive: but I believe Blizzard did what was in their power to return you as much as they can you cannot fault them for trying to help you I am sorry for your loss :pray: and I pray that you will get at least some of it back that you lost and furthermore you insulting Blizzard for trying to help you is not going to help your case and is only going to make them ignore you at least my thoughts on the situation.

1 Like

Didnt boost my character to 110, im just wearing the gear that blizzard gave me

Probably the hacking happened a long time ago, and Blizz saves character backup data for a certain time. That certain time is less than the time elapsed from the hacking. Itā€™s sad, but they probably canā€™t do more.

You got all your chars and your collection right?

Yes i got that, but I was just referring to what they give to boosted character and they have calculated what is enough to get started in BfA. I think this is what they gave you as they donā€™t have the data what you got. Btw, did they give you any bags or did you have the ones you had earlier? I am just curious about this.

I do feel for you, really. I boosted an orc warrior to 110 and leveling him to 120 was as easy as with any other character I have. And once I hit 120, I had 10K in my bags without a single auction house items sold. You should be fine eventually

Ah i get you!

1 Like

Ah sorry my bad, didnā€™t read properly.

I could help you out with some bags and gold if you were on my realm/faction

2 Likes

Yup, luckily no character had been deleted and one character was even left untouched. I guess the hackers werent that cruel hehe.

At least the most hard to get staff remain.
Sad for the gold, but it would be much worse to start fresh.

If you were hacked it would have been recommended that you change your email and/or your password after scanning your machine for security breaches. There is so much data that Blizzard decided to keep the data for a certain amount of time, three months I think, otherwise there would be huge amounts data on every player.

Iā€™m trying to figure out how you may have been hacked in the first place, mostly itā€™s due to you logging into a fake site or a compromised computer.

I donā€™t think Blizzard screwed you, they helped as much as they could without the data, since Blizzard own your account, not you. A lot of companies donā€™t even help.

Should probably get 2 way auth

I have both phone and email auth but the hackers some how got around it. They actually changed the email of the account as well which you cant do without sending a verification email to the email that the account is set to

Great to hear you have registered your mobile number now and secured your email account as well. Iā€™d strongly suggest looking into the mobile Blizzard Authenticator as well, for an additional layer of security.

As for the restoration of your characters; Support has done their best to restore your account as best they could, but the logs available to restore from only go back a certain amount of time. If no logs are available, no restorations can be done either.

To help out, they have provided a care package of sorts to get your characters back in action again. This will be enough to get you going into the new quests, through which you will gear up quickly.

I do understand that it is not nearly what you once had on those characters, both in gold and items, unfortunately those losses can no longer be recovered.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how Iā€™m doing!

If someone hack your acc can be traced from where is changed password?

Only to an IP address.

https://account.blizzard.com/security

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.