Account hacked [SOLVED]

Hi!

I havent played world of warcraft in a number of years.
I can’t remember when I last played, but I just got back when I heard about wow classic coming out.

I notice that my account is pretty much empty so at some point someone has broken into my account, likely sold everything on my account and then deleted all my characters. - thats what they usually do, right? (Why do they delete the characters?)

I’ve sent a mail about it, requesting the account/characters restored, but not yet recieved a reply or confirmation from blizzard that my issue has been recieved.
Instead of sending a bunch of mails I figured I’d ask here. Has the issue been properly submitted?

On another note I noticed there’s a “restore a deleted character” function wich I spotted while I was looking through the categories to try and ask a GM via a ticket. I don’t assume this is the function I am expected to use in this instance?
I would assume that just brings a character back - but I was ofcourse hoping I can have my characters back with most of my stuff and I was hesitant to go into that function from fear that I would garble the data around my missing characters.

There is no malware on my computer, by the way.
My E-mail was broken into last year and most if not all of my account info was compromized. I have since corrected and secured everything, but I didn’t play wow at the time and didn’t think to check the accounts.
The timing is just a best guess though. I have no idea when exactly this happened.

Thanks!

Hello Invader,

I can’t see an open ticket on the account you are posting here with. Please open a ticket as described here.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Blizzard neither respond to, nor react to emails. hacks@blizzard.com is for reporting people hacking in game, not for reporting hacked accounts.

You will need to open a ticket, and squeak to a GM.

Thank you!
I thought I did open a ticket, but I was starting to suspect I had not completed the process as I found it odd not to get a confirmation but I thought I’d give it some time before I started whining about it.

I’ve now done it again and it seems I did it right this time as I now got a confirmation of ticket.

Thank you for your swift response!

Update:
DOH!
It seems the server list doesn’t update the character list if you havent played in a long time and since it’s been such a long time I couldnt even remember wich servers I played I didnt know wich ones to check - and I didnt even consider logging onto each and every server to see…

So yeah. My characters were apparantly there the whole time and I was never hacked…

/facepalm