Account locked due to suspicious activity

(solved) tl;dr Changing the password of my account in battle.net solved the issue

First of all I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this in, googling the error code WOW51900314 took me to this forum.

I am unable to log in directly in the game using my e-mail and password. The game tells me that due to suspicious activity, my account has been locked and that an e-mail was sent to me with details on how to resolve this issue, but, I have not seen any mail from blizzard in my inbox.

However, by launching the game through Battle.net, I am able to log in the game without problems (since it does not ask me for anything because it uses Battle.net’s authentication).

As I could still play by starting the game through Battle.net, I did not really bother fixing this so it has been like that for a long time (at least 3-4 months), but when I have random disconnects from game or addon bugs I have to quit the game and start it again from Battle.net, and when Battle.net is down I cannot play which is kind of annoying so I’d like to fix that at once.

I have been living in a different country (Italy) than the one my account was created in (France) for a few years, because I work abroad.
When I come home in France, I have a bad internet so I often switch my network from the adsl line to mobile internet from my cellular, so, I reckon that what has been marked as ‘suspicious activity’ is most definitely me logging in from at least 3 different IPs, one of which is in a different country.

I am able to prove that the identity of the account owner is mine and I can prove that all the IPs that have accessed my account are mine but I am unsure of where and how to do this.

What can I do to fix this ? Is there any place I should open a ticket in ?

Thank you for your help.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/

Go here and click the appropriate sections. Explain your issue in as much detail as you can.

Generally, all you need to do, is log into account management and change your password. This should remove any “soft-lock” that is applied for security reasons.

Switching country and/or ISP can trigger the softlock but password change should sort it out for you.

I have just changed my password as you have suggested and the issue is now resolved !
Thank you so much, Ô green one.

You’re very welcome stealthy invisible one! :rofl: