Account locked due to 'suspicious activity'

EDIT: Solved, topic closed please.

Greetings!

I logged in later today to proceed my activities in Azeroth, only to find my account being locked for ‘suspicious activity’. Figuring this would be a safety precaution by Blizzard, I decided to change my password from the get-go: Unfortunately, nothing changed.

I began browsing through customer support for a little bit and noticed that there is an option to ‘unlock’ the account manually through a security code. I fulfilled this step-- yet nothing happened to the account. I’m able to log in, but I can’t access my characters. Instead, the game offers me to make new characters?

Figuring I’d have to contact customer support, I wanted to open the live chat with support. They require me to upload a photo of my ID? I can’t fathom why the personal information on my personal ID can assist them in resolving a matter of this nature.

I’ve invested in the in-game store, so at least I could expect the courtesy of a proper solution. In the current age of technology I simply refuse to just blatantly upload something personal like that on someone else’s servers for them to draw conclusions whether I tell the truth or not. If that is truly the way Blizzard desires to operate, I’ll have to refrain from extending my subscription.

If it’s any information in case of speaking the truth, I logged out Wildwood Wash in Draenor around 13:50/13:55 – you’re free to check it out.

Hopefully the support is able to assist me in this matter so that I can return to the game. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I know you said it’s solved, but if it’s a case of a possibly compromised account and you can’t answer the security question/provide account info, then they need something to prove it’s the actual owner who’s contacting them and the ID/a passport or something similar is the only way they can do it.
It is the courtesy of a proper solution that they bother to check rather than just give away your account to anyone who contacts them. The file is destroyed immediately afterwards by Blizzard.

Hey there! Happened same for me, it said I would get an email with a solution to fix the issue but nothing except a mail saying that If it was not me attempting to log in etc etc… But I get nothing I cant type in the security question or anything, but I can log in on blizzard website and switch password etc, as I’ve now done but nithing helps… Please Help me.

Its rather a long time since this thread was alive.

If you are able to log into the site, you should be able to change your battle.net password which will resolve the soft lock.

As mentioned, you’ve replied to very old thread. In these cases, it is best to make your own, so I will be locking this one for now.

Try following the steps here and it you still have trouble after that, please reach out to our Support Team!